Tom Brady to Tampa?

Advertisement
Advertisement

bUcS fAnS aRe SoOoO dElUSiOnAl...they even spread their delusions to quantitative analysis.

Like I said:

• Godwin was the best WR in the NFL last year. Only Michael Thomas was on his level
  • Perriman was excellent and is very underrated. He will be Darnold's go to guy
  • Evans is overrated but he's still Mike Evans and has had a historic start to his career statistically on par with all time greats
/dElUsIoNs

Me, MC, @plantcity3 and @brock are all just talking out of our *** right? I guess we corrupted Godwin too somehow? Peter King and the CIS blowhards who never watch Bucs games..they all know better than us rIgHt?

FOH fake film watchers keep exposing yourself

Me, MC, @plantcity3 and @brock are all just talking out of our *** right? I guess we corrupted Godwin too somehow? Peter King and the CIS blowhards who never watch Bucs games..they all know better than us rIgHt?

FOH fake film watchers keep exposing yourself

I don't give a **** about what Godwin has to say.

He ignores two simple facts.

First, he does not even factor in the INTs that were DROPPED by the opposing teams. So that "30" number could have been much higher.

Second, the number "30" is SO MUCH HIGHER than any other number. It is the greatest number of INTs in 30 years. It wasn't just some accident. Maybe the Bucs WRs were responsible for SOME of those, but you could say that about EVERY team in the NFL. Thus, if you look at the INTs caused by WRs for the other 31 teams, you are still left with the "QB solely responsible for INTs" number.

Godwin can spin it any way he wants to, but Winston threw 30 INTs, down to the last play of the season. Until Godwin produces a super-cut video that shows 30 times when the Bucs WRs bobbled the ball directly into the hands of the defenders, then Winston is still responsible for the number.

I've been watching Bucs games since 1976. Winston needed to go. You can't blame his WRs for 30 INTs.

Advertisement

First, he does not even factor in the INTs that were DROPPED by the opposing teams. So that "30" number could have been much higher.

Second, the number "30" is SO MUCH HIGHER than any other number. It is the greatest number of INTs in 30 years. It wasn't just some accident. Maybe the Bucs WRs were responsible for SOME of those, but you could say that about EVERY team in the NFL. Thus, if you look at the INTs caused by WRs for the other 31 teams, you are still left with the "QB solely responsible for INTs" number.

Godwin can spin it any way he wants to, but Winston threw 30 INTs, down to the last play of the season. Until Godwin produces a super-cut video that shows 30 times when the Bucs WRs bobbled the ball directly into the hands of the defenders, then Winston is still responsible for the number.

I've been watching Bucs games since 1976. Winston needed to go. You can't blame his WRs for 30 INTs.

im not absolving Winston for throwing 30 picks, however some of the talking media guys or going overboard with it like hes trash. In his his first 5 seasons Peyton Manning more than 10 ints than Jameis did in that same time frame.

This is interesting

Funny who gets the benefit of the doubt as a gunslinger and who doesn’t from the media

Last edited:

im not absolving Winston for throwing 30 picks, however some of the talking media guys or going overboard with it like hes trash. In his his first 5 seasons Peyton Manning more than 10 ints than Jameis did in that same time frame.

This is interesting

Funny who gets the benefit of the doubt as a gunslinger and who doesn’t from the media

You’re comparing two different eras you dolt

Advertisement

Very simplistic way to approach this. People like myself, Michael Clayton and Trevor Sikkema (amateur effort but better than nothing) broke down Winston's INTs and showed that most of them weren't his fault. Bobbled catches aren't the only way that non QBs cause INTs. There are a lot of factors that go into that INT number and a lot of those same factors were present for the "40 turnover worthy plays" from Luck and Palmer under Arians. It actually could have been worse for us if not for a solid pass protection OL - and fans like to trash them too smh.

You’re comparing two different eras you dolt

I don't like the apples to oranges stat comparison either but it has more validity than not. Peyton and Eli Manning were aggressive anticipatory downfield throwers and so is Winston. That archetype of QBs is susceptible to high INT volume when WRs don't do their jobs correctly. The most common Winston INT type are the plays where he throws to a spot before the WR breaks with poor technique and lets the DB beat him to the ball. It happened countless times last year. In Arians' scheme WR mistakes will make the QB look bad.

Winston at FSU threw a lot of INTs into coverage in the middle of field. That carried over to his early years with the Bucs. I'm not defending his play in that timeframe but those are the minority of his INTs nowadays.

Tf you talking about? Who gives af what era it is, did they throw a lot of ints or not. Plus they throw even more so in today’s game than back then
I like the way they put 5,100 yards and left Marino out on the one list. Marino's 1984 season was unlike any season any QB had ever had up to that point, but they make it sound like Winston had one of the best seasons ever. It was a different era back then. There are WAY more safe, dink and dunk passes these days than 30 years ago.

I like the way they put 5,100 yards and left Marino out on the one list. Marino's 1984 season was unlike any season any QB had ever had up to that point, but they make it sound like Winston had one of the best seasons ever. It was a different era back then. There are WAY more safe, dink and dunk passes these days than 30 years ago.

Completely agree. Those throws don't exist in Arians' offense though. That's what makes Winston a unique case. In a league full of hybrid spreads with RPO/play action quick game defined throws Arians asks his QB to do deep drops and read coverage on option routes. It's a high variance offense especially when you have no run game.

Marino gets overlooked way too much. He would be so much better in this era.

Advertisement
Pick a SIDE...PICK A SIDE.....

Its either the ninja had the best wr's mankind has ever seen...like u delusional buc fans state or he is a turnover machine?.

Dont give a f what Godwin has to say....30 for 30 b*tches!! That mfer cause Brady to throw 30 picks next season..Godwin gonna be at Fed ex in 2021 sorting boxes

Y’all straight trolling in this thread and it ain’t a good look.

@plantcity3 wasn’t directed at bucs fans (I am one) but ok lol

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back