Tom Brady to Tampa?

I looked a little bit at the bucs schedule from last year...the first 8 games at some point in the game they were down in 6 of them.

So, yes they had to try to come back in most of them.

The definition of "being down at some point" is hilarious. Just because they were down by a TD or less doesn't mean a team is adjusting their entire offense to come back. What a useless stat that you tossed up.

Advertisement
He threw 5000 yrds and lead the league in tds. That’s a lot

He threw 30 INTs. That's a lot.

And it must be emphasized, his picks completely destroyed the team's chances for success. SIX losses by one TD or less. Including 2 OT losses. Including a pick-six to lose the final game, an OT loss.

WITH a coach who has known him for years, liked him, and wanted him to succeed. With an OC who had a similar background and wanted him to succeed.

Winston was, literally, given everything possible to succeed, including offensive weapons that, with Tom Brady at the helm, are expected to allow the Bucs to make a deep playoff run, and possibly even be a Super Bowl favorite. With (predominantly) JUST A CHANGE OF QUARTERBACK.

Those factors speak volumes. 5000 yards and 30 TDs are just stats.

He threw 30 INTs. That's a lot.

And it must be emphasized, his picks completely destroyed the team's chances for success. SIX losses by one TD or less. Including 2 OT losses. Including a pick-six to lose the final game, an OT loss.

WITH a coach who has known him for years, liked him, and wanted him to succeed. With an OC who had a similar background and wanted him to succeed.

Winston was, literally, given everything possible to succeed, including offensive weapons that, with Tom Brady at the helm, are expected to allow the Bucs to make a deep playoff run, and possibly even be a Super Bowl favorite. With (predominantly) JUST A CHANGE OF QUARTERBACK.

Those factors speak volumes. 5000 yards and 30 TDs are just stats.
I never said those ints weren't a lot. I'm just not dismissing Winston like he is some scrub.

Really I dont care anymore cause he is most likely gone but I keep biting here. Everyone likes to throw out 6 losses by a td or less and the last game the ended in a pick 6 with no context. We shouldn't have even been in position for the last pick 6. Our kicker missed 3 field goals and we let ATL drive the entire length of the field to send the game into overtime. We were up 28-10 at half before letting NY come back, returned an obvious fumble against Tennessee that was called down and would have gave us the W, and went up 21-7 against Seattle before letting them come back in a game where Winston had zero ints.

For the first time in a long while I am somewhat excited about the defense. Pumped we resigned Pierre-Paul and Barrett. Vea is going to be a force next year and the linebackers, White and David are strong. Murphy-Bunting came on strong at the end too.

I'm with you. The pass rush looked fierce when JPP got his legs back. I wasn't as high on White as most but he looks like a quality starter in the making even if he's not the All-Pro HoFer he was (foolishly) billed to be.

More importantly the secondary finally showed something. I've always liked C. Davis and it feels like he's close to a breakthrough. He's always in close coverage but often loses phase at the catch point and drops a ton of INTs. I liked Bunting as a prospect too and his instincts and movement skills started to translate. I wasn't as high on Dean but he had some great games as a boundary press corner. PFF gave him good grades so we know he can produce in the right role. We still need a 4th guy at minimum cause the depth isn't there. Hopefully these ring chaser reports are true with guys wanting to join Brady,

Part of the problem was Bowles calling too many different zone coverages where guys didn't execute. He simplified things later in the season and that made the biggest difference. The playcalling in the Giants and Saints (Bridgewater) games were horrendous and not many realize that.

Advertisement
I never said those ints weren't a lot. I'm just not dismissing Winston like he is some scrub.

Really I dont care anymore cause he is most likely gone but I keep biting here. Everyone likes to throw out 6 losses by a td or less and the last game the ended in a pick 6 with no context. We shouldn't have even been in position for the last pick 6. Our kicker missed 3 field goals and we let ATL drive the entire length of the field to send the game into overtime. We were up 28-10 at half before letting NY come back, returned an obvious fumble against Tennessee that was called down and would have gave us the W, and went up 21-7 against Seattle before letting them come back in a game where Winston had zero ints.

That's just a sample. Can't forget the 49ers game where OJ Howard took a dump on the field, and Arians/Leftwich spammed run calls until they got stuffed instead of getting ahead of the defense with play action. Or the Texans game where Brate drops a 4th down pass in Texan territory. Or the Saints game where Jameis put up the game manager line everyone wants with 0 INTs but Bowles lets Bridgewater torch us with short passes and let Thomas do what he wants in single coverage.

That's just a sample. Can't forget the 49ers game where OJ Howard took a dump on the field, and Arians/Leftwich spammed run calls until they got stuffed instead of getting ahead of the defense with play action. Or the Texans game where Brate drops a 4th down pass in Texan territory. Or the Saints game where Jameis put up the game manager line everyone wants with 0 INTs but Bowles lets Bridgewater torch us with short passes.

How about the using Winstons pick 6 instead of using Brates drop in that Houston game?

Winston was awful that game

I looked a little bit at the bucs schedule from last year...the first 8 games at some point in the game they were down in 6 of them.

So, yes they had to try to come back in most of them.
First 8 games of these season was SF, Car, NY, LAR, NO, CAR, Tenn, and SEA. Of course we were down in games we lost lol. Two of those Ls we gave up big leads. We won 2 and not counting Seattle (cause that's one where we gave up a big lead), Winston had zero ints in the NO game we were down.

How about the using Winstons pick 6 instead of using Brates drop in that Houston game?

The first pick 6, Watson ran a terrible route. Watch again and focus on Watson and you will see when he cut out he was still drifting upfield. That's a pick 9x out of 10. Now the second pick 6 was horrible. He never seen the guy in the middle of the field.

If you want to throw in Winstons pick 6 against Houston let's talk the last Atl game everyone keeps bringing up where we let an uncovered OFFENSIVE LINEMAN catch a 40 yrd pass and walk into the endzone on the first possession of the game, then Jones fumbles on his first carry to put us in a 10-0 hole. We came back behind big throws from Winston and take the lead but proceed to give it up behind the defense and 3 missed fgs.

Last edited:
Advertisement

3 INTs were WR's fault that game. Justin Watson stumbled on a wide open TD throw. OJ Howard stumbled on a wide open inside fade. A FG was blocked. On 3rd and 1 the street free agent WR whiffed on a block against Vernon Hargreaves the lazy gayturd who hates tackling. Then on 4th and 3 Brate dropped the aforementioned pass.

Winston had 1 bad INT where he misread coverage and 1 missed deep ball to a wide open Perriman. Otherwise he was good. How many QBs make the TD throw to Watson before the half? Is Tom Brady gonna fake out defenders and scramble for a 3rd and 13 conversion? That's the surplus value Winston brings.

Football is a team game. Many will never understand.

Didnt know before but im beginning to realise that Bucs fans are delusional to UF Go Gata fan level. Good god these dudes are killing me.

There's a huge overlap in that group. Lots of Gaytor Bucs fans, and lots of SemenHole Bucs fans.

Look, you are missing the point of why I cited the 1-score games.

It is not to "blame" Winston per se. Sure, the kicker should have hit more FGs.

But it is to point out HOW IMPORTANT the picks were to the ultimate outcomes of those games. I agree, mistakes are MAGNIFIED when others make mistakes too.

Bottom line, every team makes some mistakes. Occasionally, kickers miss. I get it. But when you COMBINE THAT with the number of INTs Winston had, after he has been doing the same **** thing for multiple seasons, you can't just try to nitpick "blame" in certain games anymore.

I can flip this right back on you too. If Winston doesn't throw so many picks, maybe there is a bit more of a margin for error.

Maybe this isn't the most 100% "fair" assessment, because sure, some of the other Bucs players contribute. But we're talking about a guy who has been a turnover machine for FIVE YEARS. It is a serious problem, it puts added pressure on the rest of the team, the problem is not getting any better, and he should have been a better leader and a bigger winner.

Instead, he's spending his time fighting lawsuits, coming up with retarded "psych-up" moments (like "eating Ws"), and experiencing impulse control issues along with overconfidence that allow him to make the same turnover mistakes over and over and over again.

Plus, other players are lining up to play with Brady. Not so for Winston.

Good riddance.

Who has tried to sign him? Good lord, Chase Daniels got a contract. 100 year old Phillip Rivers got a contract. Meanwhile, the former #1 overall draft choice is available.

EDIT: Broncos just waived Flacco, so maybe there is now a suitor...

Last edited:
3 INTs were WR's fault that game. Justin Watson stumbled on a wide open TD throw. OJ Howard stumbled on a wide open inside fade. A FG was blocked. On 3rd and 1 the street free agent WR whiffed on a block against Vernon Hargreaves the lazy gayturd who hates tackling. Then on 4th and 3 Brate dropped the aforementioned pass.

Winston had 1 bad INT where he misread coverage and 1 missed deep ball to a wide open Perriman. Otherwise he was good. How many QBs make the TD throw to Watson before the half? Is Tom Brady gonna fake out defenders and scramble for a 3rd and 13 conversion? That's the surplus value Winston brings.

Football is a team game. Many will never understand.

Can’t believe blaming the great WR corps of the Buccs

Advertisement
Can’t believe blaming the great WR corps of the Buccs

this sh*t is like a twilight zone.

We have the best wr core in the nfl....

next post..our wr ate some nashville hot chicken wings the night b4 and hands were still a bit greasy coming out of his break on a comeback route which led to a pick 6. Wasnt Jameis fault it was Leroy Selmons bbq.

two post down...

Godwin is one of the best wrs in the game bar none...no one can cover him

Followed up by

Well Godwin tripped himself up over a rough patch of grass as Jameis was leading him...if that didnt happen it was a for sure 40 yard play.

giphy.gif

Look, you are missing the point of why I cited the 1-score games.

It is not to "blame" Winston per se. Sure, the kicker should have hit more FGs.

But it is to point out HOW IMPORTANT the picks were to the ultimate outcomes of those games. I agree, mistakes are MAGNIFIED when others make mistakes too.

Bottom line, every team makes some mistakes. Occasionally, kickers miss. I get it. But when you COMBINE THAT with the number of INTs Winston had, after he has been doing the same **** thing for multiple seasons, you can't just try to nitpick "blame" in certain games anymore.

I can flip this right back on you too. If Winston doesn't throw so many picks, maybe there is a bit more of a margin for error.

Maybe this isn't the most 100% "fair" assessment, because sure, some of the other Bucs players contribute. But we're talking about a guy who has been a turnover machine for FIVE YEARS. It is a serious problem, it puts added pressure on the rest of the team, the problem is not getting any better, and he should have been a better leader and a bigger winner.

Instead, he's spending his time fighting lawsuits, coming up with retarded "psych-up" moments (like "eating Ws"), and experiencing impulse control issues along with overconfidence that allow him to make the same turnover mistakes over and over and over again.

Good riddance.

Who has tried to sign him? Good lord, Chase Daniels got a contract. 100 year old Phillip Rivers got a contract. Meanwhile, the former #1 overall draft choice is available.

You are also missing my point. It's not as simple as saying "Winston threw 30 ints, Winston sucks."

Are we nitpicking or looking at the entire picture and adding context? Nitpicking is citing those 6 games without saying how many 0 int games within those 6.

Yes Winston has had his issues off the field but heaven forbids he gives up drinking and hasn't had any issues since.

When Highseas analyzes Hurricane games, this board listens to what he has to say. When he is telling y'all what's going on with the Bucs, he is called delusional. Winston is a nole and on his way out. What reason would we have to cap for him?

Lol at you citing Philip Rivers who signed for 1 yr, and Chase Daniels whi signed to be a backup.

You are also missing my point. It's not as simple as saying "Winston threw 30 ints, Winston sucks."

Are we nitpicking or looking at the entire picture and adding context? Nitpicking is citing those 6 games without saying how many 0 int games within those 6.

Yes Winston has had his issues off the field but heaven forbids he gives up drinking and hasn't had any issues since.

When Highseas analyzes Hurricane games, this board listens to what he has to say. When he is telling y'all what's going on with the Bucs, he is called delusional. Winston is a nole and on his way out. What reason would we have to cap for him?

Lol at you citing Philip Rivers who signed for 1 yr, and Chase Daniels whi signed to be a backup.

30 INTs mean you suck sorry, how fumbles lost added to that total?

Go look at every Top QB and look at their turnovers, and clearly none of them had the great WRs of the Buccs!!!!!

Advertisement
The question is since we seem to have a lot of Bucs fans...Tom Brady is 42 years old, he has at most 1-2 more years..if that...what is the strategy beyond those 1-2 years?

The question is since we seem to have a lot of Bucs fans...Tom Brady is 42 years old, he has at most 1-2 more years..if that...what is the strategy beyond those 1-2 years?
That's what I'm afraid of especially if we start bringing in more players just for Tom. We have a 1-2 yr window then after that, What? We might have to gut the team again.

30 INTs mean you suck sorry, how fumbles lost added to that total?

Go look at every Top QB and look at their turnovers, and clearly none of them had the great WRs of the Buccs!!!!!
How many of those qbs threw for 5000 yrds? Back to back 500 yrd games? You know its something in the middle of sucking and being a top tier qb right? Who said he was a top QB? More strawman and exaggeration.

Advertisement
Back