@Toledo 9/15 Noon kickoff

Cane6

GreenTree All-Star
Any other board members going to the Toledo game? Any Ohio people that can share tips on the tailgate scene?

Advertisement
Rocket Hall is where the students and some of the alumni tailgate. Its the typical party tailgate. The lot itself isn't very big though so if you plan on tailgating you will have to get there sometime in the morning I'm guessing.

I personally like the law school's parking lot for tailgating. That's where me and my family will likely be. It's not really the rowdy scene other than the law students themselves (and a few professors), but there is plenty of room to spread out and throw the football around if you want.

The third option is to just got get drunk at Social (restaurant/bar owned by Bruce Gradkowski located on campus) and then walk to the game. Food is great too.

Advertisement
Rocket Hall is where the students and some of the alumni tailgate. Its the typical party tailgate. The lot itself isn't very big though so if you plan on tailgating you will have to get there sometime in the morning I'm guessing.

I personally like the law school's parking lot for tailgating. That's where me and my family will likely be. It's not really the rowdy scene other than the law students themselves (and a few professors), but there is plenty of room to spread out and throw the football around if you want.

The third option is to just got get drunk at Social (restaurant/bar owned by Bruce Gradkowski located on campus) and then walk to the game. Food is great too.
Social just closed down. A new bar owned by Mancy's is going in on Bankroft street on the north side of campus, but I don't know when that is planned to be finished. My favorite bar is "Jed's on Campus" on Dorr street. The food is dang good for your buck and the crowd is younger. Tony Packo's is the GoTo for your 1st and only trip to Toledo. Downtown has plenty of bars for a night out after the game.

Rocket Hall is the student lot so if you want to see a lot of drunk people yelling profanities that's where you'd want to be. It's technically split though so further away in the lot visitors park (off secor road). Lot 10 directly north of campus is the main season ticket holder and hardcore fan lot. You'll see RV'S, tall flags and the Jambulance there, bu
it's not somewhere Miami fans will easily be able to get a pass. Your best bet is parking near engineering on the East Side of Campus or somewhere by the Law building. Memorial field house has a lot and parking garage that is the last main lot to fill up on game day. The garage near Savage Arena is tough to get in and out of.

Green-Good
Yellow- Options, but not easy to get in or out of, with lesser tailgating scenes.
Red- You probably won't be able to get spots here, as you need specific passes.

Attachments

• Map.jpg
    Map.jpg
    515 KB · Views: 41
Advertisement
Social just closed down. A new bar owned by Mancy's is going in on Bankroft street on the north side of campus, but I don't know when that is planned to be finished. My favorite bar is "Jed's on Campus" on Dorr street. The food is dang good for your buck and the crowd is younger. Tony Packo's is the GoTo for your 1st and only trip to Toledo. Downtown has plenty of bars for a night out after the game.

Rocket Hall is the student lot so if you want to see a lot of drunk people yelling profanities that's where you'd want to be. It's technically split though so further away in the lot visitors park (off secor road). Lot 10 directly north of campus is the main season ticket holder and hardcore fan lot. You'll see RV'S, tall flags and the Jambulance there, bu
it's not somewhere Miami fans will easily be able to get a pass. Your best bet is parking near engineering on the East Side of Campus or somewhere by the Law building. Memorial field house has a lot and parking garage that is the last main lot to fill up on game day. The garage near Savage Arena is tough to get in and out of.

That sucks about Social. I spent a lot of time there and back when it was Gradkowski's. Agree to disagree on Jed's food though. I always hated it. Great place to get hammered though. I'm excited to be back on Campus in September! Although I'm sure I'll get a lot of weird looks being decked out in Canes' Gear.

That sucks about Social. I spent a lot of time there and back when it was Gradkowski's. Agree to disagree on Jed's food though. I always hated it. Great place to get hammered though. I'm excited to be back on Campus in September! Although I'm sure I'll get a lot of weird looks being decked out in Canes' Gear.
Come say hello, one of my best friends is a die hard Canes and Dolphins fan that will likely be wearing a "U" shirt. UT had him pacing most of the game last season.

Advertisement
Thanks for the feedback guys. Will be there and will keep an eye out here if we can set up a designated meet up spot for tailgating.

Advertisement
You know you're back when you're making road trips to Toledo

I don't get it... This series was scheduled in 2011, and Miami pushed back playing at Toledo in 2015 to this year?

Usually only the weaker P5 teams come to G5 stadiums... The logic could be "we'll play anyone, anywhere, anytime," but that's not how football really works. Ohio State, Michigan, and Alabama aren't going to G5ers...
Teams that have traveled to Toledo since 2000... Pitt, Iowa State, Kansas, Purdue, Colorado, Arizona, Mizzou (ex Toledo coach for 10 years), Iowa State again, and now Miami. That's not really bragging company.

I don't get it... This series was scheduled in 2011, and Miami pushed back playing at Toledo in 2015 to this year?

Usually only the weaker P5 teams come to G5 stadiums... The logic could be "we'll play anyone, anywhere, anytime," but that's not how football really works. Ohio State, Michigan, and Alabama aren't going to G5ers...
Teams that have traveled to Toledo since 2000... Pitt, Iowa State, Kansas, Purdue, Colorado, Arizona, Mizzou (ex Toledo coach for 10 years), Iowa State again, and now Miami. That's not really bragging company.

Jesus wept....whoosh!

Hey buddy, you ever hear of Bill Engvall? Well here's your sign.
sarcasm-yes-sheldon-he-has-a-sarcasm-sign-3584350.png

Yer special, ain't ye?

Advertisement
Back