@Toledo 9/15 Noon kickoff

Do you think we could get Al Golden to come tailgate with us since he was instrumental in putting this home and home series together

Advertisement
Phil Steele has Toledo with the #4 WR unit in the entire country. They have 3 NFL WRs, as we found out last year, which is absurd for a MAC team.

They'll be breaking in a new QB and mostly new OL though, so we should have no excuse if we cant shut them down.
Kevin Beard is their WR coach, so their best position is coached by a former Miami player and coach. Anyways just drove through Toledo on my way home from visiting's the wife's family and what a depressing ugly *** place. I hope we never make another one of these dumbass home and homes with craphole places.

The only thing I hate worse than the 12 o’clock kick against Toledo is the notion of the Mercy Game against Savannah State again. We’ll beat Toledo, handily, but the game is up there so the NFL Scouts can look at their receivers and Richards. That’s the only reason why this game will be televised.

Savannah State, otoh, ****es me off because of the memory of Golden Showers leaving Morris in the game against them at home, long after we had breached the 60 point mark, only to have Morris suffer an ankle ligament injury that would hobble him for the remainder of the season. Kaaya took over the following season.

These games are injury fests.

Kevin Beard is their WR coach, so their best position is coached by a former Miami player and coach. Anyways just drove through Toledo on my way home from visiting's the wife's family and what a depressing ugly *** place. I hope we never make another one of these dumbass home and homes with craphole places.
The highway you drive thru is the butt hole of Toledo. I haven't seen lots of parts to this city... Downtown is getting revitalized and our campus is actually architecturally pleasing. We (UT campus) were top 100 prettiest landscaped places in the country a couple years ago.

Advertisement
The highway you drive thru is the butt hole of Toledo. I haven't seen lots of parts to this city... Downtown is getting revitalized and our campus is actually architecturally pleasing. We (UT campus) were top 100 prettiest landscaped places in the country a couple years ago.

I hear that about my crank all the time.

I drove through there two weeks ago on my way to Detroit and all I could think in my head was...why the **** is Miami traveling to play an away game up here.

I drove through there two weeks ago on my way to Detroit and all I could think in my head was...why the **** is Miami traveling to play an away game up here.
Yeah, on I-75 it looks like crap. Industrial Central Toledo outside of downtown... Yuck. I'm sure Miami has ghetto parts as well. Street Infrastructure in every northern city looks like garbage. The rest of 475 that goes west of Toledo is fine. The difference in the south (Urban, railroad, rust belt) and West side of Chicago (suburban, business) on interstate 80/90 is similar to Toledo on a grander scale.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yeah, on I-75 it looks like crap. Industrial Central Toledo outside of downtown... Yuck. I'm sure Miami has ghetto parts as well. Street Infrastructure in every northern city looks like garbage. The rest of 475 that goes west of Toledo is nice. The difference in the south (Urban, railroad, rust belt) and West side of Chicago (suburban, business) on interstate 80/90 is similar to Toledo on a grander scale.
Our drive was to.michigan and we went 475 and then up to Ann arbor it wasn't a nice place at all.

Tf are u talking about? It's 4 exits and mostly trees ? Those exits are very normal and not ugly whatsoever.

We took 75 to 475 to 23N where 475 basically just ends to Ann Arbor, it looked like a basic *** midwest city, it wasn't some nice beautiful place.

Advertisement
We took 75 to 475 to 23N where 475 basically just ends to Ann Arbor, it looked like a basic *** midwest city, it wasn't some nice beautiful place.
No one is saying it is? But it's not a **** hole driving thru that area. Like I said it's mostly trees and 4 basic suburban exits. The campus (not visible by any interstate) is just south East of Ottawa Hills (wealthy) and was rated a top 100 beautifully landscaped place in the country. Plus I didn't create/say that, a magazine or some publication did. I'm just relaying the message.

Some of Toledo is ****. Some of every major city in the MidWest is. Some of every city in America is??? I can pull up ****** parts of Miami on Google images too.

No one is saying it is? But it's not a **** hole driving thru that area. Like I said it's mostly trees and 4 basic suburban exits. The campus (not visible by any interstate) is just south East of Ottawa Hills (wealthy) and was rated a top 100 beautifully landscaped place in the country. Plus I didn't create/say that, a magazine or some publication did. I'm just relaying the message.

Some of Toledo is ****. Some of every major city in the MidWest is. Some of every city in America is??? I can pull up ****** parts of Miami on Google images too.

Downtown looked like it was still covered in coal ash/dust, the part you are talking about looked like a suburb trying to be decent but it was just vinyl sided houses on 1/4 acre lots, the roads sucked(475 wasnt bad 75 sucked), and you are talking about landscape? who cares its dead 70% of the year when its covered in snow and ice. Toledo isn't some touristy place, or growing metropolis, the best part of Toledo is it's close to Michigan and I could finally get out of driving through 100's of miles of corn.
And you are exactly saying it is nice since you said its top 100 landscaped, and the 475 part is nice. Maybe by Midwest and Ohio standards that is nice, but to me someone who was born in South Florida and has lived all over, nothing about Toledo seemed nice or beautiful from the 4-5 times I have driven through it. I am sure Ottawa Hills is comparatively nice to the rest of Toledo and Bowling Green and that area, but compared to what most people on here are used and view as nice, Toledo just isn't.

Advertisement
Downtown looked like it was still covered in coal ash/dust, the part you are talking about looked like a suburb trying to be decent but it was just vinyl sided houses on 1/4 acre lots, the roads sucked(475 wasnt bad 75 sucked), and you are talking about landscape? who cares its dead 70% of the year when its covered in snow and ice. Toledo isn't some touristy place, or growing metropolis, the best part of Toledo is it's close to Michigan and I could finally get out of driving through 100's of miles of corn.
And you are exactly saying it is nice since you said its top 100 landscaped, and the 475 part is nice. Maybe by Midwest and Ohio standards that is nice, but to me someone who was born in South Florida and has lived all over, nothing about Toledo seemed nice or beautiful from the 4-5 times I have driven through it. I am sure Ottawa Hills is comparatively nice to the rest of Toledo and Bowling Green and that area, but compared to what most people on here are used and view as nice, Toledo just isn't.
The campus is pretty. That has nothing to do with bad roads on 75.

BTW driving into Michigan is like going from a gold paved road back to the 1700's. Michigan has HORRIBLE roads.

I might be able to swing this, depending if I will be in Toledo the week before or after for work.

@UofToledofans what are the best hotels to stay at close to the stadium?
The Renaissance downtown is my favorite hotel in Toledo and it's about 4 miles away. There are some on Secor Rd. about a mile and a half from campus (Hampton Inn and Suites. Holiday inn and suites.) The Raddison is on our health campus which is south of main campus. The direct area there is nice but the south side has some sketchyness to it. I believe that's where the visiting team stays so you may see the players and staff there if you're lucky.

Advertisement
Back