To the Mike Harley bashers

Advertisement
I called up Harley in posts this week.

Noticed Jeff Thomas wasn’t really celebrating with them and kind of sulking. JT could have been targeted more but it’s not cool because Harley has always been there supporting his success early in their careers. Njoku was working on JT’s mood hopefully it worked.

Read this board daily. First time I read about Atwell was tonight. Not a big issue.

I believe a conscious effort was made to feature Harley today to counteract the inevitable "Why didn't we recruit Tutu Atwell" crowd.
🤦‍♂️

Diaz: “Dan, we need to counteract the Atwell supporters. I didn’t recruit him. But I am going to protect Richt’s legacy. Winning is secondary today. Feed Harley the ball even if covered!“

Enos: “I have the same concern. I didn’t recruit Harley. But I have been worried about that recruit Atwell crowd. ***** the W. I will feed him the ball no matter what. I will instruct Williams to throw to Mike even if covered.”

That seems plausible. 🙄

Advertisement
I’ll admit it. I have been tough on him. Sometimes it seems like a good fart knocks him down. He has dropped a lot of catchable balls IMO. But I’ll tell ya what, he played a really solid game today and even last week. Good for him, I’ll take a slice of humble pie!

Advertisement
I know starzzz or a kid coming from a big high school program have got a lot of people fooled into thinking that they should be plug and play but that’s not reality.

A lot of kids need time in the system, and our wide receivers are benefiting from the OLine being able to keep our QB upright for more then two seconds.

Advertisement
Why can’t tutu and Harley both be good college football players.

Always liked Tutu but in real life it’s impossible to land every great athlete in south Florida just try to get those you really want.
Tutu was lowly recruited, I think Louisville was his biggest offer , and he mainly played QB in high school , I think anybody knew he would transition to a WR that well

Tutu was lowly recruited, I think Louisville was his biggest offer , and he mainly played QB in high school , I think anybody knew he would transition to a WR that well
I was going to post something very similar to this. Tutu did what was best for Northwestern High, and I think playing QB probably didn't showcase how he could be an asset to a college football program.
I'll always hope for the best for kids who are unselfish like this.
I've also been told that Tutu is a really decent guy off the field as well, although this is second hand information.
So I'm primarily glad that the Canes whooped that ***, but I also hope that Tutu balls out in every game except against the U.

Harley played well today and hopefully he can build off this. Haven't been a fan of his up to this point cause he plays out of control, drops to many balls, and an ant can tackle him.

Advertisement
I called up Harley in posts this week.

Noticed Jeff Thomas wasn’t really celebrating with them and kind of sulking. JT could have been targeted more but it’s not cool because Harley has always been there supporting his success early in their careers. Njoku was working on JT’s mood hopefully it worked.
Man stop the BS. JT was chilling the entire game

I've said before, that I feel Harley is closer to Thomas as our WR2 than anyone would give him credit for...this was back in August. Harley is a good wide receiver. Not perfect. Not a draft pick right now. But a nice little college wide receiver. KJ Osborn is still our WR1, but Mike Harley has become our WR2 over the past few weeks.

Marketshare numbers REC/YDS/TDs

Osborn's pretty nondescript game against Louisville dropped him to below a breakout season for the first time all year.

KJ Osborn - 18% / 17% / 21%
Jeff Thomas - 14% / 13% / 13%
Mike Harley - 16% / 17% / 13%
Dee Wiggins - 8% / 12% / 13%

*breakout candidate is when a receiver has over 20% of the marketshare of yards and TDs.

Man stop the BS. JT was chilling the entire game
U just proved my point. No one was just chillin on the sidelines yesterday. It’s cool to think it’s nothing to it tho, and I agree. Just think he needs to be the first to support Harley openly and often because Harley has been his ace and the first in his face whenever he has balled, that’s it.

Advertisement
Back