To all the folks who want to hire an experienced DC

Most of our "Experienced DC's" in the past 10-15 years have royally sucked. Yet they were experienced right??

Advertisement
Do y'all realize that Jeremy Pruitt and DJ Durkin had NEVER coordinated a college defense before 2013. Prior to that time, both had only been position coaches.

I make this point to prepare some of y'all IF Coach Richt decides not to hire a gray beard.

Just because a guy hasn't ever called the D doesn't mean he can't. If he comes from a great staff, he's likely to be able to get the job done.

I have no inside scoop, and we may get the experienced DC some of y'all are calling for. And if so, no complaints from me.

But Pruitt and Durkin demonstrate that hiring a young guy can be a home run!

It's not that we couldn't get lucky with an upstart... it's that, given where this program has been as of late, we can't afford to take a chance on an unproven DC.

Amazing how people are so completely clueless as to the state of this program. No reason to roll the dice.

Do y'all realize that Jeremy Pruitt and DJ Durkin had NEVER coordinated a college defense before 2013. Prior to that time, both had only been position coaches.

I make this point to prepare some of y'all IF Coach Richt decides not to hire a gray beard.

Just because a guy hasn't ever called the D doesn't mean he can't. If he comes from a great staff, he's likely to be able to get the job done.

I have no inside scoop, and we may get the experienced DC some of y'all are calling for. And if so, no complaints from me.

Right on point!!! I have brought that exact point and have gotten land blasted by our so called "Canes Fans". I have seen the exact same great results from many so called inexperienced DC's in their first year as DC's. Fyi, Michael Barrow, former Canes great, coach and current Seahawks LB's coach was in Orlando watching the High School Championship games during the same time Richt was there. Wonder why Michael would fly across country just to watch High School games in FLA? I've seen stranger things happen!

LOL at "land blasted". You can't make this comedy up.

hahahahahahaha ******* :topsy_turvy:

Advertisement

Right on point!!! I have brought that exact point and have gotten land blasted by our so called "Canes Fans". I have seen the exact same great results from many so called inexperienced DC's in their first year as DC's. Fyi, Michael Barrow, former Canes great, coach and current Seahawks LB's coach was in Orlando watching the High School Championship games during the same time Richt was there. Wonder why Michael would fly across country just to watch High School games in FLA? I've seen stranger things happen!

Michael didnt fly across country to watch high school games in FL. He was already across the country...u might have heard that Seattle played Baltimore IN Baltimore this weekend. It Richt is basically given full control to the DC then it needs to be someone with experience.

LOL at "land blasted". You can't make this comedy up.

It means "lambasted"... in a real estate/land kind of Way... just go with it.
If you aren't lambasting inanimate objects, I don't even know if this discussion can continue.

Michael didnt fly across country to watch high school games in FL. He was already across the country...u might have heard that Seattle played Baltimore IN Baltimore this weekend. It Richt is basically given full control to the DC then it needs to be someone with experience.

You realize that BWI to Orlando is a 2 hour flight. Not exactly a hop, a skip and a jump. I wouldn't be shocked if Micheal comes back as an AHC/LB coach. He also might want to come home.

I thought we were talking about the lamb basted in Ginger and honey I had two nights ago. **** good but I wasnted sure so I looked up the definition on urban dictionary...

"When a Large Robust Woman with the Head of a lion Has too many glasses of Vladimirs Vodka and has an orange juice moustache , Gets angry And chases you with a clinched fist while making weird face and Attempts to to pound you with her oversized club of a hand."

Advertisement
I would like an experienced Coordinator because if we are upping the total compensation for assistants, I don't want to be paying 800K-1m for someone to learn on the job.

Whatever Richt does, he cannot miss on that side of the ball...especially with that coordinator.

He has said he wants to turn over everything to that person without much oversight at all. Want a newbie basically running the most out of whack part of our squad?

Hire first timers anywhere BUT DC please.

UM

Since will be calling plays on offense, I am assuming that will take some responsibility off the OC and place less emphasis on that particular hire and potential salary. I would think this would give a little more leverage to pay the DC. If this is the case, I wouldn't mind seeing an experienced but also ambitious DC that could eventually move on to HC or the NFL as a DC, but only if there is a younger and gifted, but not necessarily experienced coach who has a lot of potential. Hopefully the DC will be someone who is able to not just coach players, but also raise up some good assistants that could takeover as DC.
This is to logical, you'll never get anyone behind that. (p.s. good post)

It helps when you have extreme amounts of talent which they did. A lot of times talent can help overcome many different issues. Bama and FSU were extremely talented. Not saying what you are saying is wrong but let's present all the facts.

Advertisement
I would like an experienced Coordinator because if we are upping the total compensation for assistants, I don't want to be paying 800K-1m for someone to learn on the job.

Why do you hate America? Give me inexperience or give me death!

I am a big hater...just like hating the idea of $15.00 per hour teenagers bagging my groceries.

I am a big hater...just like hating the idea of $15.00 per hour teenagers bagging my groceries.

dude they might hire you if you were not so angry.

I honestly can't believe that people are still bringing up Michael ******* Barrow for our defensive coordinator.

Its embarrassing. Stop.

Advertisement
Hire an experienced, proven DC with a track record of success.

Makes no sense to hire someone who's never done the job and *hope* they will figure it out.

Hasn't every good D.C. been a first time D.C.? I mean, you don't have to limit your point to just Pruitt

Yeah, but many first timers come in to replace a proven commodity heading for a new gig. In other words, don't wreck the f---ing Porshe.

Quite a different deal here as our defense has been a Pinto in a collision with a train.

UM

I'd rather have an experienced DC but I'm not completely against a first timer if he's from a good tree.

Coaching trees are a big deal IMO.

dude they might hire you if you were not so angry.

You sound bigoted towards angry people.

Advertisement
Back