#TNM

Advertisement
Problem is there are things you can do and things that will have the NCAA up our asses in a second.

Because the stage is so much bigger in Miami, almost anything we do is going to draw scrutiny. Could we do a video with players on a yacht in Biscayne Bay? Probably. But the NCAA would be looking into impermissible benefits in a heartbeat.

The marketing needs to happen, and man if we could really highlight the Miami lifestyle, it would be amazing. But there's a very fine line for us that doesn't really apply to other programs.

Yeah, I was wondering what the rules would be as far as hanging out on a boat owned by a coach. Would that need to be counted against the total hours you can do team activities in a week? Like 2 hours on a boat means 2 fewer hours practice that week? I'm thinking it would or else you'd have to show that every student got an invite to your impossibly large boat. I guess it makes sense, saban would be taking kids on helo rides every day and serving them steak at his house.

Yea... the kids we’ve been losing are pretty clear on the fact that Miami has jet skis.

Can't quite see it, but there's a jetski right back here...

maxresdefault.jpg

That’s 8 different times he walks in to the classroom. So does that mean 3 more portal transfers on the way?

Advertisement
Yeah, I was wondering what the rules would be as far as hanging out on a boat owned by a coach. Would that need to be counted against the total hours you can do team activities in a week? Like 2 hours on a boat means 2 fewer hours practice that week? I'm thinking it would or else you'd have to show that every student got an invite to your impossibly large boat. I guess it makes sense, saban would be taking kids on helo rides every day and serving them steak at his house.

My recollection is that NCAA rules effectively state players cannot receive benefits that would not be available to normal students. Which we all know is total BS, because I can guarantee regular Clemson students don't get to use that waterslide.

But what if we rented a yacht FOR a recruiting video? No idea how all that works, but it would be more difficult for us than most other schools out there.

Miami seriously needs to invest in one of those yachts as part of the recruiting budget to take recruits and their family’s on for sure. You see all the time other schools take their recruits on four wheeler trips in the woods or what have you. Use your advantage and let them see Miami on a yacht
I bet they'd get a great deal on Nevins old yacht at the FBI confiscation auction.
I wish someone would shank that little hoe

Advertisement
My recollection is that NCAA rules effectively state players cannot receive benefits that would not be available to normal students. Which we all know is total BS, because I can guarantee regular Clemson students don't get to use that waterslide.

But what if we rented a yacht FOR a recruiting video? No idea how all that works, but it would be more difficult for us than most other schools out there.

The benefit being available to all students seems to be the key, and I have no idea how all the sht schools put into athletic facilities works with that rule. I guess it's cool if music students want to have a quick game of flag football in the IPF right? And when I send my kids there, they can each get a locker in the locker room just like I had. Man, I still have all my jerseys and championship rings too.

1) Grammar and reading comprehension are not the same thing.
2) Hey, you should try learning grammar too.
3) Oh no... dweeb? What is the a 1980's high school comedy? No one will ever be insulted by being told they're intelligent.
) No buddy, I'm a Miami ALUM. Who the f#$^ are you?

Keep talking like an ignorant moron who never read a book in his entire life and acting like you're cool. You're not.
Tf you want, a gold jacket? I bet you sat there and commended yourself for that comeback. I cannot respect a man as a man who counts out their points. You sound like my ex gf smh, "first of all, second of all, third of all." Oh btw I'm just a fan, a local, didn't go to the school, im just apart of the fanbase that fills the stadium seats that the student body can't fill because the school isn't big enough. Like I said its Jet skiing, it's cheap, stfu with the "fine line" **** and enjoy TNM.

Sheeeeeit, we got busted by the NCAA in the late 70s/early 80s for taking recruits on Biscayne Bay cruises on a rental boat.

By comparison, renting a yacht will get us the death penalty. The NCAA still hates us from the Nevin battle.

Advertisement
I appreciate the sentiment, but with regard to the weather, beaches, etc., no offense but kids could care less about that stuff anymore. For all the grief we give the younger generation these days, one thing I applaud about them is the emphasis they place on winning. They aren't choosing a school based on how many sunny days or rain they average each year, they're basing their decision on how many ships' they can win, how they can best be developed/groomed for the NFL, how current and up to date the facilities are....these are the things that matter to them. So far I'd give Manny an "A" for the things he's done in one short month, but if we go out and lose five games next year it will all be for naught. Bama and Clemson do a better job than other schools at selling one singular hot commodity - winning. As soon as we can start selling that as well then we will know we've made it.

Why would being on someone’s boat be impermissible?
It’s a matter of cost. If i llend a player my geo metro no problem. But if I lend a player my Ferrari Emmett has an ******.
I know that a Geo Metro is still impermissible but nobody cares

It's always funny when people try to argue that the NCAA doesn't care about "small dollar" violations.

One of the violations that the NCAA recently cited a school for was a situation where a female volleyball player used a school hose (and school water) to wash her car.

Extra benefit not available to other students.

F the NCAA, but they don't overlook the small-dollar stuff.

Sheeeeeit, we got busted by the NCAA in the late 70s/early 80s for taking recruits on Biscayne Bay cruises on a rental boat.

By comparison, renting a yacht will get us the death penalty. The NCAA still hates us from the Nevin battle.

You say "Nevin battle," but I think what you mean is "everything that happened in the 80's."

Advertisement
Tf you want, a gold jacket? I bet you sat there and commended yourself for that comeback. I cannot respect a man as a man who counts out their points. You sound like my ex gf smh, "first of all, second of all, third of all." Oh btw I'm just a fan, a local, didn't go to the school, im just apart of the fanbase that fills the stadium seats that the student body can't fill because the school isn't big enough. Like I said its Jet skiing, it's cheap, stfu with the "fine line" **** and enjoy TNM.

I can't respect a man as a man who cannot formulate a coherent statement and writes like they didn't make it past the sixth grade.

But hey, don't try. You sound "hard," dog.

The brilliance of The New Miami just struck me. Every coach focused on if Miami is BACK. Manny said F@ck that this is NEW MIAMI. Brilliant! Recruits are not helping to bring us back but to create the NEW MIAMI. Manny in his bag.

If nothing else he's been the polar opposite of every HC so far.....and all the rest sucked.

Problem is there are things you can do and things that will have the NCAA up our asses in a second.

Because the stage is so much bigger in Miami, almost anything we do is going to draw scrutiny. Could we do a video with players on a yacht in Biscayne Bay? Probably. But the NCAA would be looking into impermissible benefits in a heartbeat.

The marketing needs to happen, and man if we could really highlight the Miami lifestyle, it would be amazing. But there's a very fine line for us that doesn't really apply to other programs.
Coach's boat, than we good

Coach's boat, than we good

What if the athletic department rents it out for a celebration for the players?

Do we KNOW that's impremissible?

What if The Collection lets players take pics sitting in a Bugatti? This is ALL stuff we should be emphasizing about going to Miami, but I think the NCAA would be straight up our a$$, regardless of the rules.

Advertisement
Back