#TNM

Redstate12

Junior

I always wondered why instead of tweeting photos of the campus or tweeting the weather, why not do a video selling the reasons why recruits should chose Miami. Bama did that video from a like on Sabans boat. We should do a similar video highlighting players on Jets skies during the winter months. Night life or something. Highlight the things only Miami can offer. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Advertisement

I always wondered why instead of tweeting photos of the campus or tweeting the weather, why not do a video selling the reasons why recruits should chose Miami. Bama did that video from a like on Sabans boat. We should do a similar video highlighting plays on Jets skies during the winter months. Just a thought.

The old staff never adapted to the changing times, but Manny knows what needs to be done and what needs to be changed. Manny is a marketing and Branding genius, about a month ago this football program was down, fans and probably as well as player/recruits had know hope, then he comes and completely rebrands the program. Goes after transfers, changes the ***** *** #makethecribgreat to #TNM, and his use of social media is really good.

Problem is there are things you can do and things that will have the NCAA up our asses in a second.

Because the stage is so much bigger in Miami, almost anything we do is going to draw scrutiny. Could we do a video with players on a yacht in Biscayne Bay? Probably. But the NCAA would be looking into impermissible benefits in a heartbeat.

The marketing needs to happen, and man if we could really highlight the Miami lifestyle, it would be amazing. But there's a very fine line for us that doesn't really apply to other programs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The old staff never adapted to the changing times, but Manny knows what needs to be done and what needs to be changed. Manny is a marketing and Branding genius, about a month ago this football program was down, fans and probably as well as player/recruits had know hope, then he comes and completely rebrands the program. Goes after transfers, changes the ***** *** #makethecribgreat to #TNM, and his use of social media is really good.
A marketing and branding GENIUS? I like him but I think calling him a genius is a bit premature.

Not really, he didn’t recruit well as a defensive coordinator. Maybe that changes as a head coach but it’s far too early to make that determination.
People keep saying that but no one can point to how much recruiting he was actually doing

Advertisement
Problem is there are things you can do and things that will have the NCAA up our asses in a second.

Because the stage is so much bigger in Miami, almost anything we do is going to draw scrutiny. Could we do a video with players on a yacht in Biscayne Bay? Probably. But the NCAA would be looking into impermissible benefits in a heartbeat.

The marketing needs to happen, and man if we could really highlight the Miami lifestyle, it would be amazing. But there's a very fine line for us that doesn't really apply to other programs.
I agree to a point....cause the 4 and 5 star talent that we are loosing ...GREW UP RIGHT HERE!!!!!!! SMH.

He was the defensive coordinator, how the defense recruits is a significant part of that job.
I get that. Just saying it seems to have become this urban legend. Pretty much everyone outside this board was lauding his recruiting ability when he was hired.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back