Tirek Austin-Cave up to 233

I'm not understanding. You're saying he knew all the LB positions, but couldn't get on the field? If that's the case, then things worse than I thought?
Thats what he stated..you can take with a grain of salt. But then again...it was Manny.
The crazy part is he liked rotating full lb units throughout his time...

The fact he aint do it all that much last year leaves me wary about the lb talent there...(which i already was down on)

Also Wayman Steed really came on during the year. I liked his game and if he shows a tad bit of any improvement i think he would be hard to keep off the field.

Advertisement
Thats what he stated..you can take with a grain of salt. But then again...it was Manny.

The fact he aint do it all that much last year leaves me wary about the lb talent there...(which i already was down on)

Also Wayman Steed really came on during the year. I liked his game and if he shows a tad bit of any improvement i think he would be hard to keep off the field.
Steed played well. I just think some coaches like Manny have a set philosophy and won't deviate from it. The LB play was so bad st times I just would have played the best athletes because others were physically challenged and made plenty of mistakes to go with it.

For my money, I keep rotating players until I find someone who can make plays on a consistent basis. I'm not sending the same guys out there every week to make the same mistakes and be overmatched.

Advertisement
If Flagg is first team Steele and Strong are senile and in my prayers
603220A0-126A-4A52-9D9D-54E1AD570FF1.gif

Naw. My *** bruh. Anytime the Dline played assignment football flag was never a liability.

Everytime we did those dumb *** Dline stunts with safeties and backers blitzing from 10+ yards out forcing Flagg to be the edge defender in open space against elite speed he struggled.

Show me on film where he struggled and it didn't involve Mannys dumb *** scheme.

You not gonna sit here and act like Flagg didn't wreck **** within the tackle box like a MIDDLE LINEBACKER is supposed too.
This. Flagg.wasn’t the biggest issue on our Defense, last year. A decently smart DC will cater his defense to the talent on the field. Maximize your strengths and minimize your weaknesses with schemes. If u know your MLB slow as ****, don’t have him trying to contain the edge, or spying a running QB, cause in either situation….heen ever gonna get there. A decent scheme can help guys with limited physical ability make plays. Just cause **** worked with the players you had last year, don’t mean it’s gonna work with your current crop. I still ain’t figured out how or why the **** we would be blitzing ny99as from the West Endzone like 4-5 times a game.

Serious question, will this be the first year in a long time we finally run a good defense? None of that gimmicky crap. Meaning the Dline, LB, DBs will all have actual assignments.

On field, the best linebackers, regardless (irregardless) of playing time were:

1. TAC
2. Ragone
3. Chase Smith
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
55. The Gilbert
56. Jennings
/
60. Steed
/
/
/
77. Troutman *if he hasn't been brainwashed from tackling
/
/
89. Keontra
/
/
/
/
/
101. False Flagg
/
/
/
/
OFF. Huff, Brooks,

Advertisement
In short, he was doing nothing besides trying to create pressure. Bro, get to the QB, doesn't matter if you don't set the edge. Doesn't matter if you have zero gap integrity.

Bro, that play worked for them because you didn't get to the QB.

Manny's defense was a joke.

the UNC game of 2020, where they ran for 876 yards at the Hard Rock, was like that moment that Milli Vanilli got caught lip-syncing at that concert as that tape get glitching over and over.

Yeah, the Manny-Vanilli got fully exposed that day...

Yes you know its true..

Steed at least had some short area burst and quickness, something that is sorely lacking with our other 'backers that logged a lot of snaps

Perryman is limited in coverage which isn't really a speed issue per se as much as it's an agility/foot quickness issue. He is not agile or bendy etc -- he is great in a straight line running downhill. I think anyone who watched both of them knows that Perryman is much faster than Flagg and hits with more authority. I think if you just took the first 10 yards of the 40 from the both of them it wouldn't be very close at all. I don't think anyone needs to show film to understand that one guy is was quicker to the ball and hit with more authority when they got there.

Perryman had 6.5 TFL his sophomore season in a scheme where no one on the team was ever making plays behind the line. He would've routinely been putting up 14+ TFL seasons in Manny's scheme, which is completely geared towards TFL, the way that Shaq and Pinckney were. Flagg put up 7.0 last year.

it's also worth pointing out that Perryman was a second round pick. Shaq was a fourth round pick. I'm not a Flagg hater honestly but I dunno how you could watch those three guys play football, purely from an athleticism perspective, and think that Flagg could be taken anywhere near that high in the draft.

Add to that Perryman was a player ranked right outside the top 300 players in the nation at 306 & Flagg, despite playing at a Nat’l powerhouse school, was the 830th ranked player. Perryman is also a pro bowler, & while here, had a 68% solo tackle rate since his Freshman yr. Even if I was being generous by removing the PT Flagg received in his Fr yr, he has a 58% solo tackle rate.

I would be interested to know Flagg’s whiff rate, as I saw a lot of missed reads & tackles; but, in his defense, he had some really good moments this yr. With that being said, u can’t remotely compare the two. I would argue if Perryman played in a much more aggressive scheme vs the patty cake scheme he was in, he would’ve been 1st rounder as opposed to a 2nd rounder

In short, he was doing nothing besides trying to create pressure. Bro, get to the QB, doesn't matter if you don't set the edge. Doesn't matter if you have zero gap integrity.

Bro, that play worked for them because you didn't get to the QB.

Manny's defense was a joke.
Then why let your son play in it so long ?

Advertisement
Working behind Flagg at MIKE per his interview with Rivals.

Really hope the light comes on with the new coaches. I loved him out of high school but it hasn’t clicked yet in practice or games. Massive opportunity for him in spring.
Once he stops thinking he’ll be fine.

Zach Thomas : when I stop thinking by game will explode.

GOCANES

They have 1s and 2s already? I just can’t fathom the thought that Flagg is better than every other potential MLB. Especially TAC.
That's the problem - the other LBs are all potential (and if there's one thing CIS falls in love with, it's potential).

Advertisement
Nobody said anything about Perryman who is slow af but could tackle well yet yall all on Flagg top for it? Foh with that revisionist history.

NfL is full of a bunch of Flagg types.
Perryman can run circles around a sprinting Flagg. There is no comparison between the two.

All I had to see of Flagg was ole doughy *** Sam Howell beating plodding Flagg to the edge anytime he wanted to. F- terrible.

Working behind Flagg at MIKE per his interview with Rivals.

Really hope the light comes on with the new coaches. I loved him out of high school but it hasn’t clicked yet in practice or games. Massive opportunity for him in spring.
Given the last staff.it could very well have been on. Remember this is coming from the same guys who suppressed the youth movement.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back