Tired of making the same post

View as article
Advertisement
Just sit back and wait. All of these same clowns will start singing a different tune when the offense inevitably continues to sputter. They will then act like they never had their prior opinions and will be calling for Gattis’s head. Some will probably make new accounts. This has happened for every failed coach we’ve had here since this board existed.
This

It’s really bizarre (but not surprising) how people are clamoring to find that one issue that caused us to lose that game

As if it’s not a collision of a whole bunch of ****

But then again, normal people already understand that and we are just pointlessly trying to talk sense into people that probably can’t get through a day on their own anyway

Because all Gattis needs to do is add a bit more spacing, not demand a "look-at-me" before every snap, and allow TVD and his WRs to work on their timing, and you would see immediate improvement (assuming no further drops).

All of those things allow TVD to get closer to his comfortable rhythm, while still retaining the basics of the personnel decisions, the playcalls, the blocking schemes, and the execution (notice, I left out "formations", which I believe are too tight sometimes when we line up, and went into the short side of the field too many times against aTm).

Advertisement
I don’t even get what you’re arguing , you’re all over the place. He‘s now not good or impressive because we were ranked so bad when he arrived ? So what our o had been a mess for years prior. He also sucks because Clemson and Bama shut him down? I‘ve got to stop with you lol, you’ve got to be trolling me with some of your takes over the last few months.

You are 100% correct.

There are several porsters on this thread (who have porsted a bunch) that simply do not understand football. Their arguments sound OK, they use vocabulary words, they cite the names of coaches, etc. But they have no idea what really happened, what really caused things to happen as they did, and how close we were to finishing drives IN SPITE OF some poor OC decisions and strategeries.

But those porster are loud. And persistent. And inaccurate. Like the fan in front of me who argued that we did the right thing at the end of the first half by taking a knee...

This is why I always have said, that once Butch rolled out the Blueprint on Evaluations, Recruiting, development, and most importantly, putting together a Top Notch Staff....UM should never look another way Period. Follow that example, and you'll be just fine. Butch knew his weaknesses...he'll tell you that himself. But what you do to offset them, is to hire Top notch people under you, even if you might have a different approach than them.

I think Clappy tried to follow it for a few years, but as we lost Butch staffers and replaced them with pale imitations, we really fell down.

I realize there were some issues, and I won't drop names, but I believe that we had some Coker coaches start to get lazy with recruiting during the "rise of 247/Scout", and we really started to rely on star-rankings instead of actual evals. Sad days...

I think Clappy tried to follow it for a few years, but as we lost Butch staffers and replaced them with pale imitations, we really fell down.

I realize there were some issues, and I won't drop names, but I believe that we had some Coker coaches start to get lazy with recruiting during the "rise of 247/Scout", and we really started to rely on star-rankings instead of actual evals. Sad days...
@Brooklyndee as if Coker was some recruiting savant or something. @TheOriginalCane name ONE quality FB player that signed with UM because of Coker??...You can't...but I can name a bunch we lost because of him. I will NEVER forgive him for firing Sarge and Kehoe to save his ***...and THEN hire replacements that weren't half as good.

Advertisement
Because all Gattis needs to do is add a bit more spacing, not demand a "look-at-me" before every snap, and allow TVD and his WRs to work on their timing, and you would see immediate improvement (assuming no further drops).

All of those things allow TVD to get closer to his comfortable rhythm, while still retaining the basics of the personnel decisions, the playcalls, the blocking schemes, and the execution (notice, I left out "formations", which I believe are too tight sometimes when we line up, and went into the short side of the field too many times against aTm).
thanks. I hope you’re right. I hope gattis adjusts.

It has been painfully obvious that TVD is uncomfortable in this system.

You hit on something on accident. Even though we've tried different backgrounds and philosophies, Miami guys and non-Miami guys, fiery guys and soft-spoken guys, the result is that they all fail. The one constant? South FLO-RIDA swag up and down the roster. But we will eventually run this staff out of town and bring in the next group to fail.
Lol wut

We need to bring in a big time analyst on the offensive side this offseason. On top of an all star cast of coaches, we have dudes like Ed Reed, Jason Taylor and even Ed O giving input (if not coaching directly wink wink) in an off field role for the defense.

It pains me to say it but bringing in a guy like Mullen as an analyst could really help with the passing game concepts. Not one of my favorite coaches but he could always scheme guys open.

Advertisement
From TVD today:

Van Dyke also was asked if he feels comfortable in the Josh Gattis offense, which so far appears much more run-heavy than what Rhett Lashlee ran. To that end, Miami netted 175 yards on the ground last weekend.

“I don’t think it’s a big adjustment (from Rhett Lashlee to Gattis), football is football,” Van Dyke said. “It comes down to a connection level with receivers, and it starts with me. Better throws for them to catch.”

Van Dyke also indicated that there could be some pieces of last year’s offense he did well that will be implemented.

“I mean, I think people thought last year that this type of offense would be better for me,” Van Dyke said. “It doesn’t matter up-tempo spread, handing to the guys. This year it’s the same case. We’ll implement things we did last year we really did well at. We’ll have a good mix of what coach Gattis likes to do and implement a little of what we did last year.”
This is the kind of response you want to hear from the leader on the field.

I love how he took accountability. People stumble sometimes but it’s how you bounce back that matters.

Rooting for him to figure things out with the receivers and hope Gattis is going to incorporate the things we know suit him better

@Coach Macho @Brooklyndee @SouthParkCane - A lot of the talk has been on Gattis the playcaller. I was wondering if any of you three have any thoughts on Gattis the WR coach from what you saw in spring, fall camp, and now the first three weeks. I think we all agree we need an infusion of speed and top end talent. That said, how is he as a teacher implementing what he wants these guys to do? He got a Vandy WR to All SEC, had the one year with Jeudy at Bama, and developed some guys at Michigan, but obviously we have not seen any of that translate here very early on.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This one killed me during the game. That, and the fan in front of me who argued that we did the right thing at the end of the first half by taking a knee...

:pgdead:
I dont think we took a knee. I think we just let atm run the clock out even tho we had all our timeouts left lol. it was most conservative bull**** corchy call ive seen. also scared as ****. you were content going down 7. you had plenty of time to drive the ball but nope. you were content with ATM just running the clock out.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but an RPO means it's either a handoff to the running back or a pass. No? Giving the QB the option to hand off, throw or run it himself is a different football term (I believe it's the triple option zone read).
Their are different variations of it. Lincoln Riley runs a pass run option. No rule against QB keeping it.

Advertisement
Back