Tired of making the same post

View as article
9 points in 4-5 redzone attempts is “ enough to win” Lmao. Did I get in a time machine and go back to the 50’s? I’m glad we’re paying this big money to a OC that ran up the scoreboard to 9 points. “ The defense let us down guys , if they’d held them to 8 points we would’ve won”.
We gave them 7 points.

Andy missed 2 FGs. I’ll even give him a pass on the long one bc of what happened before it. So right now it should have been 12-10. The play before - Parrish drop leads to 3 or 7 more. TVD misses Redding deep. TVD is late and doesn’t look the safety off on the Arroyo ball. Nobody blocks and that quick bubble gets blown up, when it should have went for 20+. We left 17 points out there bc of poor execution.

Again nobody said Gattis was amazing. But it’s a fact he did enough to win THAT particular game.

Advertisement
@PIPO When ppl like this that have 0 football IQ are all headed in one direction I tend to sprint the other way.

Lol.

3B738FA9-0F15-4545-BF2B-DA02A1641B04.jpeg

Uninspired. That’s the feeling I had leaving Kyle Field. It’s not the right thing to say as the owner of a fan website, but it’s the truth. It was a boring game with a familiar result. Let’s get the obvious out of the way: it's early, this is a building process, and it's way too early to make any sweeping observation about the Cristobal Era. But this was a major missed opportunity to build momentum in recruiting and within the fanbase. Some specific thoughts:

- We paid too much money for nine points. Gattis is accountable for the end result, no matter how fluky (first team since at least 2000 to have 27 first downs and zero touchdowns). Our pace was puzzling to me. Is there a distinct advantage to going no huddle when we move so slowly?

- The game was lost when we ran three times in the red zone and kicked a field goal down 17-3. You can’t say you have the best QB in the country and then show a complete lack of faith in him.

- The past few years, and this weekend in particular, really hammered a point home: WR has become a Top 3 important position in football. Look at the Dolphins on Sunday. Maybe someone who charted the game can correct me, but I can’t remember a single contested catch in 41 passes. “NFL open” does not exist in our passing game. We have body catchers, not snatchers. We should not miss guys like Rambo (undrafted), Harley (undrafted) and Restrepo as much as we do. This is Miami. The whiffs in the Transfer Portal really showed up on Saturday.

- Upon rewatch, I’m not as down on TVD. He played bad, but his degree of difficulty was off the charts. I thought back to my first time watching him at Paradise Camp. I expected a big, mechanical QB who would drive the ball but struggle to create. Instead, I saw an instinctive athlete who changed speeds and arm angles and thrived with a fast tempo. It feels like we are trying to put him back in that box with the slow-developing plays.

TVD is tough and will hang in until the last second to make the throw, but he should have more quick-hitting options to get in rhythm. It reminds me of Kaaya under Richt. There was a regression (and four losses) followed by schematic adjustment to get the ball out of his hands quicker. Those changes were in response to poor OL play, which isn’t really our problem. But they got results. I hope we see similar adjustments before the losses pile up.

- Some of our recruiting victories over the SEC showed up on Saturday. Jalen Rivers was moving people and is a huge reason for our improved running game. Leonard Taylor brings special interior rush ability, which is the best way to disrupt a passing game. James Williams missed a key tackle on the Achane TD, but otherwise was everywhere as a versatile weapon. We need more like those guys.

- The running backs ran hard and finished above their weight class. I was disappointed we didn’t have anything special cooked up for Jaylan Knighton in the passing game. He is our most explosive player and we need everything we can get.

- Happy for DJ Ivey. His game elevates when he tackles with physicality. The more he plays with a confident edge, the more he will finish at the catch point with length and timing.

- In general, this game looked very much like what we saw on Greentree. Struggles with downfield passing game, improved OL, strong DL, elevated DB play. For all the talk about Greentree All-Americans, the players generally play like they practice.

- Jacolby George needs to lock in. He’s clearly the most talented pure WR, but when Joe Rose asked Mario about him this AM the first thing Mario talked about was off-field reliability. This is a huge opportunity for George and he needs to seize it.

- Kamren Kinchens is playing faster every game. His football IQ is as good as it gets, and he is really starting to trust his instincts and pull the trigger.

- I like the way the pass rush is trending. We are 5th in the nation in sack percentage and a lot of people are contributing. That rush will lead to wins in ACC play.

- The most encouraging long-term sign is the OL. We looked strong against an SEC team and Mario is recruiting behemoths. If Miami becomes an OL program, it will raise our floor.

Overall, the improvements in physicality were apparent but we gave away a winnable game. Muffed punts, drops, penalties, missed kicks. Before the season, I expected a year like Mario’s first at Oregon or Richt’s first at Miami. That’s still the projection. This offense and pace will lead to a lot of close games where anything can happen. Time for the coaches to earn their money and make the necessary adjustments.

Running TVD made no sense did anyone answer why he called that in todays presser?

Just run Franklin 3 times if that’s what you want to do

Advertisement
We gave them 7 points.

Andy missed 2 FGs. I’ll even give him a pass on the long one bc of what happened before it. So right now it should have been 12-10. The play before - Parrish drop leads to 3 or 7 more. TVD misses Redding deep. TVD is late and doesn’t look the safety off on the Arroyo ball. Nobody blocks and that quick bubble gets blown up, when it should have went for 20+. We left 17 points out there bc of poor execution.

Again nobody said Gattis was amazing. But it’s a fact he did enough to win THAT particular game.
Nobody cares about us ” giving them seven points”. That was in the first quarter dude. You know how much stuff happened after that? AM went super conservative after 17-3. If it’s 10-3 or 10-6 I doubt that happens. Nobody knows how that plays out , so you can’t use that as an excuse for scoring 9 points. No muff and Td changes how AM plays things. Jimbo closed up shop when they got up and wasn’t going to force jack. He knew we wasn’t scoring and wasn’t threatened by two scores. One of our drives will eat half the quarter lol.

”Didn’t execute “ is coach code for “ it’s the players not me“.

A dropped pass is a dropped pass.
A muffed punt is a muffed punt.

It doesn't absolve coaches from their shortcomings in any given scenario, but players are not simply the byproduct of coaching, they are responsible for their own performance on the field, too.

Absolving the players from their role in the outcome is something this community has done for seemingly 20 years. Its always the coaches and never the players and thats just nonsense. Its both and its ok to separate the two and have two separate discissions.

Gattis called a poor game, but it was sadly good enough to win, but lack of execution compounded any issues that Gattis presented. In your previous post, I know you're NOT saying Gattis should run Lashlee's offense, but that is the way your post came off...but lets be mindful that our group of WRs were not good in Lashlee's offense either. The WRs might just stink stink and its ok to point that out.

A dropped pass is a dropped pass.
A muffed punt is a muffed punt.

It doesn't absolve coaches from their shortcomings in any given scenario, but players are not simply the byproduct of coaching, they are responsible for their own performance on the field, too.

Absolving the players from their role in the outcome is something this community has done for seemingly 20 years. Its always the coaches and never the players and thats just nonsense. Its both and its ok to separate the two and have two separate discissions.

Gattis called a poor game, but it was sadly good enough to win, but lack of execution compounded any issues that Gattis presented. In your previous post, I know you're NOT saying Gattis should run Lashlee's offense, but that is the way your post came off...but lets be mindful that our group of WRs were not good in Lashlee's offense either. The WRs might just stink stink and its ok to point that out.
Agreed. It is a team game. Coaches and players all part of the team.

We can talk about scheme and what not, but I’ve never seen TVD torch a legit defense. In fact, he struggles against above average competition. FSU last year was a prime example. I am not sold on that kid, despite the hype. Overthrows deep balls, underthrows short passes. Stares down receivers, panics and rolls out instead of stepping up in the pocket. His best play last year was throwing up prayers for Rambo to make miracle catches. He may be the best we got, but we need to run the ball and hope he can learn accuracy and ball placement this year.
TVD makes amazing throws that blow your fcking mind, but he also makes throws that make you say "WHT THE FCKKK!"

It felt like last year was often times the tale of two halves were we'd start slow af and miss everything and then be on fire in the second and making throws. I think being in a rhythm is really important to him and he is too inconsistent, but if you can get him into a rhythm he is a good weapon.

Advertisement
I mean I wouldn’t bo so upset if gattis didn’t blatantly lie about adjusting his scheme to his players when he was hired lol
In a weird way I was happy when we went down 17-3

Because I was like ok we played not to lose (and in some ways I was ok with that TO A POINT as the ground and pound was successful) but now we have no choice

TVD many times has needed to get smacked a little to wake him up

But then nothing changed

That was extremely deflating

Yea, What was I thinking! Not one time doing the game did Gattis put the player in a position to succeed. Gattis has got to go! He scheme causes player drop balls. Man if Rhett lashlee would have stayed we wouldn't have these drop. My bad broham. Don't know what I was thinking.
Red Zone

It kind of feels different now because we have seen Miami in the last 10 years go in a hostile environment like that(107k plus come on now) and not muster anything and not move the ball offensively or get their sh*t pushed In defensively. That obviously didn’t happen so credit to everyone for that but we got to start winning these games and that was a very winnable game.

It just hurts more and make you mad after this game because you know the opportunities we squandered and literally gave away points

Last edited:
Advertisement
The other….positive side of this coin and perhaps might put things into perspective for those that think fans are “Hating Gatti”…….Look at the defense. This Miami defense does NOT have top end talent. The LB’s and DB’s are mostly jags….but look at how the D coaches have them prepared and playing. Is it national elite? No, but imo it’s overachieving given the raw talent limitations. This D needs a massive Portal fix….but they are doing a solid job so far and kept Miami in the game vs A&M. The O has more talent than the D has….but less results
The way people here differentiate between talent I find interesting. We got multiple DL guys in the portal who were all-conference at their positions in their previous P5 conferences but people act like it is nothing because they weren't 5 stars or because they don't make super flashy plays. Those guys do their jobs and they do their jobs well. If our WRs did their jobs (run routes correctly, catch the ball when it hits their hands, and block when they're supposed to) even if they aren't freak athlete 5 star 6'5 guys, we fcking win the game last night.

Doing your job is important in football and its how you get guys who have less talent to beat guys with more talent.

I see people constantly knocking the fact that none of the DL guys we got is an Aaron Donald Von Miller type, but the guys we got make winning football plays. Time to give them some respect.

Advertisement
My opinion is.. and he’d never admit it… if you don’t convert 4th and goal it’s over and the defense probably deflates and A&M marches the field and scores again and it’s 24-6.

Looks a lot better if it’s 17-9 and you fight until the end and MAYBE have a chance to tie… which we did have the chance.

We seemed to play the whole game to compete and not to win. Just how it felt and looked. Maybe it’s not reality and it just happened that way.
I think it speaks volume of what Mario thinks of the roster. He knew that it would snowball into a blow as it always had in the past 15 years. ****, I was stunned it didnt get out of hand after 8-4 scored to make it 17-3

Uninspired. That’s the feeling I had leaving Kyle Field. It’s not the right thing to say as the owner of a fan website, but it’s the truth. It was a boring game with a familiar result. Let’s get the obvious out of the way: it's early, this is a building process, and it's way too early to make any sweeping observation about the Cristobal Era. But this was a major missed opportunity to build momentum in recruiting and within the fanbase. Some specific thoughts:

- We paid too much money for nine points. Gattis is accountable for the end result, no matter how fluky (first team since at least 2000 to have 27 first downs and zero touchdowns). Our pace was puzzling to me. Is there a distinct advantage to going no huddle when we move so slowly?

- The game was lost when we ran three times in the red zone and kicked a field goal down 17-3. You can’t say you have the best QB in the country and then show a complete lack of faith in him.

- The past few years, and this weekend in particular, really hammered a point home: WR has become a Top 3 important position in football. Look at the Dolphins on Sunday. Maybe someone who charted the game can correct me, but I can’t remember a single contested catch in 41 passes. “NFL open” does not exist in our passing game. We have body catchers, not snatchers. We should not miss guys like Rambo (undrafted), Harley (undrafted) and Restrepo as much as we do. This is Miami. The whiffs in the Transfer Portal really showed up on Saturday.

- Upon rewatch, I’m not as down on TVD. He played bad, but his degree of difficulty was off the charts. I thought back to my first time watching him at Paradise Camp. I expected a big, mechanical QB who would drive the ball but struggle to create. Instead, I saw an instinctive athlete who changed speeds and arm angles and thrived with a fast tempo. It feels like we are trying to put him back in that box with the slow-developing plays.

TVD is tough and will hang in until the last second to make the throw, but he should have more quick-hitting options to get in rhythm. It reminds me of Kaaya under Richt. There was a regression (and four losses) followed by schematic adjustment to get the ball out of his hands quicker. Those changes were in response to poor OL play, which isn’t really our problem. But they got results. I hope we see similar adjustments before the losses pile up.

- Some of our recruiting victories over the SEC showed up on Saturday. Jalen Rivers was moving people and is a huge reason for our improved running game. Leonard Taylor brings special interior rush ability, which is the best way to disrupt a passing game. James Williams missed a key tackle on the Achane TD, but otherwise was everywhere as a versatile weapon. We need more like those guys.

- The running backs ran hard and finished above their weight class. I was disappointed we didn’t have anything special cooked up for Jaylan Knighton in the passing game. He is our most explosive player and we need everything we can get.

- Happy for DJ Ivey. His game elevates when he tackles with physicality. The more he plays with a confident edge, the more he will finish at the catch point with length and timing.

- In general, this game looked very much like what we saw on Greentree. Struggles with downfield passing game, improved OL, strong DL, elevated DB play. For all the talk about Greentree All-Americans, the players generally play like they practice.

- Jacolby George needs to lock in. He’s clearly the most talented pure WR, but when Joe Rose asked Mario about him this AM the first thing Mario talked about was off-field reliability. This is a huge opportunity for George and he needs to seize it.

- Kamren Kinchens is playing faster every game. His football IQ is as good as it gets, and he is really starting to trust his instincts and pull the trigger.

- I like the way the pass rush is trending. We are 5th in the nation in sack percentage and a lot of people are contributing. That rush will lead to wins in ACC play.

- The most encouraging long-term sign is the OL. We looked strong against an SEC team and Mario is recruiting behemoths. If Miami becomes an OL program, it will raise our floor.

Overall, the improvements in physicality were apparent but we gave away a winnable game. Muffed punts, drops, penalties, missed kicks. Before the season, I expected a year like Mario’s first at Oregon or Richt’s first at Miami. That’s still the projection. This offense and pace will lead to a lot of close games where anything can happen. Time for the coaches to earn their money and make the necessary adjustments.
You must've seen a different game than me if James was a strength that game. He missed ALOT more than 1 tackle on archane and he was out of position most of the night just like tyrique & couch... James did have a nice play or two underneath. But to me he shows more and more why we keep cheating him up in the box. I even overheard a&m fans near our box over and over asking why isn't he front 7. But that's for another thread.

Advertisement
Back