Timing of new Head Coach

How will it help with not losing commits? If we fire Diaz now the class immediately implodes and you have support staff trying to right the ship while also wondering if their leaving as well…

And whoever the new HC is won’t be coming into save the day until next year…. So?
Agree with UMFarArcher. We are fvcked no matter what thanks to Manny, and best we’ll be able to do is piece together a 2022 class. It is what it is at this point.

But we’ve got to get rid of Manny before it gets shamefully embarrassing. The kids have tuned him out and it’s only going to get worse.

&hitcan Manny and Blake tonight, put an interim HC in place, play the young guys, and begin an all out assault on finding a good HC and AD who know what the fvck they are doing and can step in Day 1 and get results.

Leaving Manny around to finish the season does us absolutely no favors at all. We will be a social media mockery for years and I don’t want to see that happen.

Advertisement
Once we are eliminated, after UNC, it’s time to make the move so these kids know a new staff is coming.

So you can START to find a good HC - and then HE has time to re-recruit those we really desire - or had hopes of obtaining.

To wait - with the certain knowledge that Manny is a goner - is to have potential UM recruits to look for greener pastures - not waiting for a new HC - no matter who he is.

Eliminate the 'unknown' factor.

Or - wait until the end of the season - scurry about among other universities looking for a new head coach - and sometimes the pickings are mighty scarce when you HAVE to make a decision.

Good decisions take time - bad decisions - like we've been doing since who-flung-the-chunk - is a really ****poor practice.
No current coach is acceoting a job prior to the bowl. Recruiting is done by then

No current coach is acceoting a job prior to the bowl. Recruiting is done by then

Is that right?

Deals are made all the time - and here's the part you won't believe - they're are not announced.

Ever hear of an agent? Even if a school has NO DIRECT TALKS with a coach - everything is handled by the middle man - the agent. So any coach can truthfully say he's not been speaking to anyone - and the whole time - the contract has been fully negotiated and understood.

Agents are not just negotiators - they're insulators.

Agree with UMFarArcher. We are fvcked no matter what thanks to Manny, and best we’ll be able to do is piece together a 2022 class. It is what it is at this point.

But we’ve got to get rid of Manny before it gets shamefully embarrassing. The kids have tuned him out and it’s only going to get worse.

&hitcan Manny and Blake tonight, put an interim HC in place, play the young guys, and begin an all out assault on finding a good HC and AD who know what the fvck they are doing and can step in Day 1 and get results.

Leaving Manny around to finish the season does us absolutely no favors at all. We will be a social media mockery for years and I don’t want to see that happen.

You fire this clown now and have a hire in place

Advertisement
First of all Miami won’t beat Carolina and Pitt and will be off to a horrific start. I want Diaz fired but if it’s true it’s an 8 Million dollar buyout how do we fire him then hire the coach we all want. Sad part is, with all the buyout money we have paid in firing all these coaches we could have named our coach. Diaz main issue besides the obvious is that he doesn’t change his scheme to fit the players. That’s what a coach does. Instead we see the same crap week after week

First of all Miami won’t beat Carolina and Pitt and will be off to a horrific start. I want Diaz fired but if it’s true it’s an 8 Million dollar buyout how do we fire him then hire the coach we all want. Sad part is, with all the buyout money we have paid in firing all these coaches we could have named our coach. Diaz main issue besides the obvious is that he doesn’t change his scheme to fit the players. That’s what a coach does. Instead we see the same crap week after week
and I firmly believe the kids know the scheme sucks and that the opposing team knows it too. It's a losing situation before it even starts.

I think it’s 99.9% sure that Manny is gone and we will have a new coach next year so how do we maintain our current commits and the players that are leans towards us like Stewart, Kelly, Wesley, etc.?

We won‘t have a new coach before December and with the early signing day being December 15th. It leaves us with very little time. Plus if we get Mario, he won’t be here till January after the playoffs since Oregon will most likely be one of the 4 teams.

Who are the players that would stay committed no matter what?
We need to stop worrying about players staying committed.

Whatever.

Get the right coach. Whatever else happens, happens.

Advertisement
We need to stop worrying about players staying committed.

Whatever.

Get the right coach. Whatever else happens, happens.
I think this is the bottom line and why i don’t agree 100% with Herbie and his words on ESPN. Larry Coker was a grandfather on a school trip. Randy Shannon was brutal. The Hester story sums it up. Golden was stubborn and kept the worst DC and didn’t fire him. Terrible. Richt was old but tried to do a lot off the field to help. Diaz never was a head coach and he’s ruined his stay here by taking over at DC and running a stupid scheme. All awful hires.

Had Schiano gotten the job after Butch it would have been different. Had Leach ( who i know is a mess ) gotten the Job instead of Shannon things could have been a little different and Trump would have bankrolled the program. Never mind the Leach Trump stuff, the point is, we have made the wrong hires. The most important hire this University will make will be the next hire. And it better not be done in 4 hours unless it’s Urban Meyer or Mario.

Advertisement
Back