Timing of new Head Coach

I have breaking news for you
I know that we are on our way there and I believe that it will happen. This is not quite an implosion just yet .. tnt has been strategically placed and is ready for demo but trigger has not been pulled just yet ..

Advertisement
I know that we are on our way there and I believe that it will happen. This is not quite an implosion just yet .. tnt has been strategically placed and is ready for demo but trigger has not been pulled just yet ..
I said after Msu “this wasn’t going off the rails“. Uva wasn’t either, Imo this is very close to going very badly , players will quit and then it’s a full on **** show. When I say everyone knows their likely fate , they do.

Last edited:
I’ve been pushing this point for 3 weeks now. There was already too much of a sample size to see this hire was a complete failure. Was his heart in the right place and was he a real fan of the program? Absolutely. Was he in way over his head and didn’t realize that the problem all along was him? Yup.
The time was perfect for the president to fire Blake and for the new ad to promote an interim and begin a coaching search. I guarantee you that Simpson would not be running this program the way many is now.

Coaches talk and word gets around about ADs. Any serious contender already knows the BS they would have to put up with Blake and his kennel of assistants.

But the fact that Manny wasn’t gone 3 weeks ago already speaks that the AD and his kennel are here to stay and will hire some assistant or g5 coach who has a Rolodex full of his boys to come to Miami in finally put a kill shot through the program.

My level of optimism that any significant change to fully take advantage of the talent already in and that WAS going to come is gone.

You can’t recover this brand with some Al Golden clone. The days of just putting on a canes polo and showing up to a school to get a kid are gone. The coach has to be relevant and respected and a proven winner for us to make a kid want to come. Matt Campbell against Kirby, Day, Saban, and Jimbo at img helotage or sta ain’t gonna cut it. It just isn’t so stop hoping we get some dude like that.
I’ve said it several times in the last few weeks it’ll take a visionary AD and a transformational HC to get us back to respectability. We won’t and can’t sneak up on anybody anymore like we did with Schnelly.

DE has turned into the disaster most of us expected before the season.

Can't recall a single sack that wasn't coverage related when a DE just beat a RT/LT and sacked the QB.

Only way we get pressure is blitzing which results in Steed covering a WR 35 yds downfield.
Wait...you mean moving the starting MLB to DE has not turned out the way dIAZ thought it would.
Lets Go Thumbs Up GIF by ESPN

Advertisement
I think it’s 99.9% sure that Manny is gone and we will have a new coach next year so how do we maintain our current commits and the players that are leans towards us like Stewart, Kelly, Wesley, etc.?

We won‘t have a new coach before December and with the early signing day being December 15th. It leaves us with very little time. Plus if we get Mario, he won’t be here till January after the playoffs since Oregon will most likely be one of the 4 teams.

Who are the players that would stay committed no matter what?
Really, what’s more important: resetting the program or 1 recruiting class?

What do you think plays to our favor?
Getting rid of the face of incompetence leading the team & present some hope to current & future recruits with a new coach/staff, or waiting on letting the year play out in its current state with no hope/vision for a successful future? Do you then fire the coach & begin a scrambled & rushed search with little time left before signing day?

I’ll hang up & listen.

Mario love Oregon so much but as soon as he has a losing season they gonna fire him in ny minute.
If he ever came here many in the so called fanbase will demand the same when he doesn't average 55 pts and 600 yds a game and win a natty.

Last edited:
Really, what’s more important: resetting the program or 1 recruiting class?

What do you think plays to our favor?
Getting rid of the face of incompetence leading the team & present some hope to current & future recruits with a new coach/staff, or waiting on letting the year play out in its current state with no hope/vision for a successful future? Do you then fire the coach & begin a scrambled & rushed search with little time left before signing day?

I’ll hang up & listen.
First of all, easy there champ. That's not even close to what I was saying in my post. My question was mainly, which of the current recruits are most likely to stay regardless of who is head coach and how it would be tough job for anyone to come in and put together a class in about 15 days. Of all of Manny's *****-ups, he was finally showing progress with the local 5 star recruits(LT and JW) and if he is fired, do we say good-bye to any chance with Stewart, Kelly, Wesley, etc. because of the timing aspect.

In the big picture, it doesn't matter one class. I'm just asking the question. I thought i was on a Miami recruiting board, I must have been mistaken.

Advertisement
And u know this how?
He was here and left and for the umpteenth time no top coach (aside from Butch) will take this job and just watch all the top talent get bought off in broad daylight by rogue programs while himself being under the microscope and walking on egg shells fearing the death penalty for next to nothing.

He was here and left and for the umpteenth time no top coach (aside from Butch) will take this job and just watch all the top talent get bought off in broad daylight by rogue programs while himself being under the microscope and walking on egg shells fearing the death penalty for next to nothing.
Ok

With the early signing period it is a guarantee we have a really bad class. It’s just the nature of it
Portal really helps a lot
If done right can lead a quick turnaround
As long as we get the right guy who can recruit
It’s better to get the right coach regardless of time
But in my opinion getting rid of manny the sooner the better Bc he’s just ruining the brand every time we play under him

Last edited:
I said after Msu “this wasn’t going off the rails“. Uva wasn’t either, Imo this is very close to go very badly , players will quit and then it’s a full on **** show. When I say everyone knows their likely fate , they do.

Yep. 100%

Advertisement
Bad news and tough decisions don't get better with time, they get worse.

2022 class will be negatively impacted either way.

If Miami had competent leaders (they don't), Blake and Diaz would be gone and the the AD new hire process, at the very least, would have started.

Bad news and tough decisions don't get better with time, they get worse.

2022 class will be negatively impacted either way.

If Miami had competent leaders (they don't), Blake and Diaz would be gone and the the AD new hire process, at the very least, would have started.

but if frenk is making that hire at AD, what does it matter?

but if frenk is making that hire at AD, what does it matter?
Frenk is not making the hire, BoT is.

Now, he might be their mouthpiece, but he isn't the go/no go decision authority.

IF he is, dear goodness tutty fruity in heaven is the University of Miami's transformation into the University of Coral Gables complete.

Advertisement
Frenk is not making the hire, BoT is.

Now, he might be their mouthpiece, but he isn't the go/no go decision authority.

IF he is, dear goodness tutty fruity in heaven is the University of Miami's transformation into the University of Coral Gables complete.
even worse if its the BOT lol. like they've steered us well.

I think medical folks call the process "debridement."

The sooner you cut out the dead stuff - the faster you can start to heal.

To delay is to lose commits, further erode the program, and alienate even more fans to the point they start to fly banners. Break out the torches and pitch forks.

Send pizza's. And Moving Vans.

Then it gets worser.

I think medical folks call the process "debridement."

The sooner you cut out the dead stuff - the faster you can start to heal.

To delay is to lose commits, further erode the program, and alienate even more fans to the point they start to fly banners. Break out the torches and pitch forks.

Send pizza's. And Moving Vans.

Then it gets worser.
How will it help with not losing commits? If we fire Diaz now the class immediately implodes and you have support staff trying to right the ship while also wondering if their leaving as well…

And whoever the new HC is won’t be coming into save the day until next year…. So?

How will it help with not losing commits? If we fire Diaz now the class immediately implodes and you have support staff trying to right the ship while also wondering if their leaving as well…

And whoever the new HC is won’t be coming into save the day until next year…. So?

So you can START to find a good HC - and then HE has time to re-recruit those we really desire - or had hopes of obtaining.

To wait - with the certain knowledge that Manny is a goner - is to have potential UM recruits to look for greener pastures - not waiting for a new HC - no matter who he is.

Eliminate the 'unknown' factor.

Or - wait until the end of the season - scurry about among other universities looking for a new head coach - and sometimes the pickings are mighty scarce when you HAVE to make a decision.

Good decisions take time - bad decisions - like we've been doing since who-flung-the-chunk - is a really ****poor practice.

Advertisement
Back