Time to give Williams a shot?

I forgot about Geno,did we even recruit him? I really thought we had Ivan M,the wide out from Miami!!

Advertisement
Lets not kid ourselves about Dorsey. Dorsey was throwing to

Reggie Wayne
Santana Moss
Andre Johnson
Roscoe Parrish
Jeremy Shockley
Beard

Dorsey was also handing the ball off to

Frank Gore
Clinton Portis
James Jackson
Willis Mcgahee.

Reggie Wayne
Santana Moss
Andre Johnson
Roscoe Parrish
Jeremy Shockley
Beard

Frank Gore
Clinton Portis
James Jackson
Willis Mcgahee.

so was Kenny Kelly.
What's your point?

I don't think anyone is saying Williams is "better" but can he manage a game, not throw the crucial pick, hit the guy that's wide open, throw the ball away?
I really expected Morris tonnage the game better at this point in his career.
It's only one game, but IMO
he should not have struggled vs today's competition.

I agree with Al Golden saying we dont need anyone to manage a game. Why would you want someone who could only manage a game?

Morris has yet to throw a int that was his fault. He is also a lot better QB than williams.

Advertisement
I don't think anyone is saying Williams is "better" but can he manage a game, not throw the crucial pick, hit the guy that's wide open, throw the ball away?

I agree with Al Golden saying we dont need anyone to manage a game. Why would you want someone who could only manage a game?

Morris has yet to throw a int that was his fault. He is also a lot better QB than williams.
He threw some ugly passes today and was ineffective last week.

Getting beat down by 50 pts will do that to you

That can be said for last week but there was no excuse for how poorly Morris threw the ball today.

That can be said for last week but there was no excuse for how poorly Morris threw the ball today.

Only one game and we got the win

Advertisement
I normally abhor the 2 QB system but at this point I wouldn't mind seeing Fisch script a few plays that play to Williams' strength (touch passes) and also encourage Morris to use his legs more.

I wouldn't go with Williams just yet.

Honestly, Morris took a bad hit against KSU and he looks fried every since. I think Morris could be playing a lot better isn't taking advantage of his legs enough. He had a bunch of opportunities against Bethune and KSU to run and he just checked down and made a sloppy throw instead. I wished the kid could have gotten some confidence back against Bethune but that didn't happen.

The kid needs to play more to his strengths. Also, could some of our WR help Morris out and make some catches. How many drops do we have this season?

Getting beat down by 50 pts will do that to you ...
That can be said for last week but there was no excuse for how poorly Morris threw the ball today ...

Unless he suffered a concussion last week on the swing pass where his head was nearly separated from his body and he had lingering effects this week. Not expecting him to look like Aaron Rodgers, but he didn't look like himself either.

Last edited:
There's no excuse for how Morris looked today against BCC. None. At. All.

Today's score should have been the score by half time and then we'd have all gotten to watch Williams in the 2nd half

Advertisement
Advertisement
Williams falls in the same category as Morris has the last few yrs if the backup isnt good enuff to beat out the starter then y do we think that throwing them in the fire will improve anything. Jacory was a shellshocked knucklehead who ade,poor decisions but Morris still couldnt beat him out. I dnt c y Williams is any different.

Reggie Wayne
Santana Moss
Andre Johnson
Roscoe Parrish
Jeremy Shockley
Beard

Frank Gore
Clinton Portis
James Jackson
Willis Mcgahee.

The guy who is considered the best QB of all-time had Jerry Rice as his WR LOL Not very many do it with lesser talent around them. Brady is one I can think of but his best year statistically was when he had Moss. Luck at Stanford but even he had some solid RBs (Gerhart was good) and good TEs. Peyton Manning had 2 of the top WRs in league catching passes from him and he got to had off the Edge and Addai does that make him any less great? Tebow at UF, Leinart at USC had elite talent around them.

I agree. Morris looked odd today. Body language was awful suggesting a real lack of confidence. He was throwing like a pitcher who thinks too much about his motion and was sailing balls. Strange.

I hope we don't fall in the trap of comparing every tall, lanky, white, weak-armed qb to Dorsey as if we're missing something. You get the feeling that if this kid we're 6' and black he'd probably be judged only on what we've seen which based on everything I can gather is quite bad. I have no interest in seeing somebody who's far worse than Morris.

Advertisement
Back