Time to give Williams a shot?

CANE4LIFE

Im a Political Refugee...
I think Morris clearly has a bigger gun than Williams, and probably a better feel for our scheme. He may have better upside, but the kid seems to be psyching himself out. The feel I keep getting with Williams is he could be another Ken Dorsey type guy. NOT that he will be Dorsey, but in that mold. Not physically gifted, but smart and resourceful on the field, and can just get it done.

It was like the Kenny Kelly/Dorsey debate from back then. KK had all the tools, but just couldnt put it together. Dorsey didnt have the expectations on his shoulders, he didnt have the cannon for an arm. Yet the kid was resourceful on the field and made smart decisions. He was the "calm" presence on the field which kept the offense focused and got them to execute.

My fear with Morris is he has all the tools, but mentally he cant put it together. I thought Morris did pretty well at BC, and last week he did ok, but for some bad decisions staying in the pocket too long. My fear is he is going to become another JH. Hes going to lock up mentally and psych himself out. Today was the first day we saw Fisch try to get Morris to open up more of a mid range vertical passing game, and I think its obvious why he stayed away from it in the first two games.

Maybe Im nuts. I just like the fact that Williams started most of a season as a Frosh. Kid has experience leading a team, and I just get a feel like maybe his experience could provide the kind of "cool head" we need on offense. This team is SO young, and is lacking in leadership in every aspect. It is absolutely CRITICAL that Morris either step up and take a major leadership role on offense, and if not, maybe Williams can do it.

I dont know, I just feel like something on offense is just lacking. I was also expecting to see more out of Morris by now. Im also tired and leery of the Greentree All Americans who tear it up in practice, and lock up when game day rolls around. There again, I remember the Kelly vs Dorsey thing. For all his talent and physical gifts, Kenny Kelly never developed the consistency on game day that we needed, whereas that skinny, scrawny kid from Cali wasnt necessarily blowing anyone away with this gun in practice, but on gameday, he just didnt get rattled, and made good decisions.

Advertisement
I think we just have to ride it out with Morris (unless he completely melts down).

Pray for Baby Jesus Olsen...

Advertisement
Morris' ability to take off and quickly chew up some yards on designed runs or scrambling is the reason I think he is it and we only get Williams in mop up, injury, or a Morris' self-confidence crisis...

IMO we're once again stuck with the worst QB in every game we play. His was no better than the kid from BCC today.
Will Miami ever have a decent QB again!!!!!

Advertisement
The back up is always better... lets quit... Williams isn't better than Morris... We saw the spring whne they ran the exact same offense as they do now and Williams left a lot to be desire... The only thing he has in common with Dorsey is the jersey number...

I don't think anyone is saying Williams is "better" but can he manage a game, not throw the crucial pick, hit the guy that's wide open, throw the ball away?
I really expected Morris tonnage the game better at this point in his career.
It's only one game, but IMO
he should not have struggled vs today's competition.

Advertisement
I was really high on Teddy but our fan base was so brutal toward Jacory,I don't bame the young man for for not coming here. He is a baller!!!

Advertisement
I was really high on Teddy but our fan base was so brutal toward Jacory,I don't bame the young man for for not coming here. He is a baller!!!

He'd actually do well with what Fisch wants to do, but I don't think he's in the top 5 QBs in the nation. If I had to start a program from scratch to play a season right now, he may not even be in the top 10.

We Let 2 of the top 5 QBs in the country get out of Miami

Who's the other?

Theodore Bridgewater

What's your list?

Geno
Barkley
Teddy
Landry
5a. Murray
5b. Boyd

He's solid, no doubt, and he'd do well with our scheme, but I think you're overrating him by a bit. There are a number of guys who'd look like Teddy does in his system.

Who's the other?

Theodore Bridgewater

What's your list?

Geno
Barkley
Teddy
Landry
5a. Murray
5b. Boyd

He's solid, no doubt, and he'd do well with our scheme, but I think you're overrating him by a bit. There are a number of guys who'd look like Teddy does in his system.

I just don't see to many guys that are better than him, plus he's doing this without any STUDS around him. All the other guys on that list have big time NFL talent around them.

Advertisement
Back