Time to get Jarren Williams ready now...

Advertisement
I said sending QBs to the league.., NFL

Aaron Murray bounced around for a while but that’s it besides Stafford. Shockley was highly regarded but inconsistent David Green was above average

The point being is that I think it’s a stretch to call Richt a QB guru

You need to post this over in the Spurrier appreciation thread. That dude was great at developing NFL starting QBs, wasn't he?

Hey, we decided to take the year off this year. So there's that.
Zero percent chance we don't bring in a QB for 2019. I have a feeling they're putting out feelers right now to see if there are any good grad transfer QBs who might be interested. I'd take a Gardner Minchu (sp?) type wouldn't you?

Regarding Williams, correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't there reports he was sleeping in class or in meetings? I hope I am wrong. If he has not changed that attitude then he will not be considered to start this year. I will say in the few plays we saw him, he looked like a young Taj Boyd back there.

Advertisement
We had 13 days in-between games, Williams should have been getting real reps and not just scout team work. The time to see what he can do is approaching and if he doesn't look like the answer we better be looking for a grad transfer.
Zero percent chance we don't bring in a QB for 2019. I have a feeling they're putting out feelers right now to see if there are any good grad transfer QBs who might be interested. I'd take a Gardner Minchu (sp?) type wouldn't you?

I would as well, mainly making that comment tongue and cheek and highlighting the fact that we really only identified 1 QB to go after early in the process. I'm sure they're kicking the tires on Sam Howell, and any grad transfer with a pulse. Kelly Bryant and Jaelin Hurts will be on the market but are they a big enough upgrade in the passing game?

Regarding Williams, correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't there reports he was sleeping in class or in meetings? I hope I am wrong. If he has not changed that attitude then he will not be considered to start this year. I will say in the few plays we saw him, he looked like a young Taj Boyd back there.

Can't say I never fell asleep in a class before.

"ASAP" is the critical part of your post. Right now we're still in the hunt for the Coastal, which is why Rosier the right move. If we drop one more game then the season shifts from ACC title hopes into a rebuilding effort. THAT is when we start using Williams (and some others) IMO.
Why are you so convinced Malik gives us the better chance to win right now? Experience? The guy is incompetent, plain & simple. Knowing what to do goes out the window when you can't do it efficiently. I'm having a hard time believing Jarren won't give us a better shot to win. He may not know the entire playbook, but he can make the throws & is, from all accounts, a student of the game. A lot of eyes will be opened when he starts getting reps. I'm starting to see a potential "ace in the hole" scenario where Richt puts him in a game secret weapon style & Jarren runs with it.

Advertisement

If we are basing this on whose starts at QB then we are up shyts creek without a paddle.

Dumbest crap ever

LOL then you don't know how Richt operates.

I don't bro...I thought I did...I really did...a QB can be the best QB on the team but if he isn't some reclusive junior pastor then he can never start here. This makes me sad

Advertisement
Why are you so convinced Malik gives us the better chance to win right now? Experience? The guy is incompetent, plain & simple. Knowing what to do goes out the window when you can't do it efficiently. I'm having a hard time believing Jarren won't give us a better shot to win. He may not know the entire playbook, but he can make the throws & is, from all accounts, a student of the game. A lot of eyes will be opened when he starts getting reps. I'm starting to see a potential "ace in the hole" scenario where Richt puts him in a game secret weapon style & Jarren runs with it.

Tell the truth, you have several posts similar to this one where you claim that N'Kosi Perry is the answer, yes? (be honest, Im not gonna search your history). Now its Williams. If Williams has a bad game it will be whoever we get our next commitment from....

In the real world, we have 3 QB's on the roster who were at their 8th grade prom within the last 5 years and a 5th year senior who is a two sport athlete and has a ten win season under his belt in the system we're currently running. You've seen and heard what Perry's issues are right now. Weldon is suspended and Williams has never sniffed a real play in college football. Starting Williams on the road AT BC is beyond foolish IMO...and in the coaching staff's opinion as well.

Im not sure what else to say other than... Rosier has the most complete resume and is the least of the evils at QB right now. Again, Im talking about the BC game only.

Advertisement
Tell the truth, you have several posts similar to this one where you claim that N'Kosi Perry is the answer, yes? (be honest, Im not gonna search your history). Now its Williams. If Williams has a bad game it will be whoever we get our next commitment from....

In the real world, we have 3 QB's on the roster who were at their 8th grade prom within the last 5 years and a 5th year senior who is a two sport athlete and has a ten win season under his belt in the system we're currently running. You've seen and heard what Perry's issues are right now. Weldon is suspended and Williams has never sniffed a real play in college football. Starting Williams on the road AT BC is beyond foolish IMO...and in the coaching staff's opinion as well.

Im not sure what else to say other than... Rosier has the most complete resume and is the least of the evils at QB right now. Again, Im talking about the BC game only.
What kinda clown *** response is that? I never hyped Kosi. Been pushing for Jarren since the summer. My question wasn't specific to the BC game, & neither was your initial statement. Who the **** made you a mod?

Who wouldn't take a guy who will end up being the nation's leader in passing yards?

I'd gladly take a Joe Burrow or Brady White or Blake Barnett or a KJ Carta Samuels or idk, anyone with a pulse at this point.

I've seen it mentioned numerous times that Richt "may not have a choice" when it comes to fast-tracking Williams and getting him on the field, but I disagree with this notion. The biggest problem we face (from a macro standpoint) is that Richt DOES have the power to choose whatever and whomever he wants without being held accountable by the AD or BOT for his decisions. At Georgia they forced him to give up play-calling, but here, I just can't see Blake having the stones to do such a thing...and it's quite obvious by observing his borderline-comatose disposition (and the fact that that he went back to Malik) that he doesn't feel the pressure that most coaches in his position would be feeling by Year 3. He's simply too comfortable to do anything he doesn't want to do, so the only thing that will force his hand into playing Williams will be injuries IMO.

Advertisement
Back