Time to get Jarren Williams ready now...

Advertisement
I'll tell you this. If I was a big time QB, I see a chance to play early and often at UM. Now we just have to beat the bushes to find one of these guys.

I see a twenty something w no experience or record of developing QBs as QB coach and head elsewhere

I see a twenty something w no experience or record of developing QBs as QB coach and head elsewhere
Matt Stanford aside, it’s not like Richt has a long history of sending QBs to the league

James Coley would be nice right about now, plus he’s an excellent recruiter..... sigh at least I can dream

and ASAP....

Can't trust Nkosi with this job and Rosier is who he is...

"ASAP" is the critical part of your post. Right now we're still in the hunt for the Coastal, which is why Rosier the right move. If we drop one more game then the season shifts from ACC title hopes into a rebuilding effort. THAT is when we start using Williams (and some others) IMO.

Matt Stanford aside, it’s not like Richt has a long history of sending QBs to the league

James Coley would be nice right about now, plus he’s an excellent recruiter..... sigh at least I can dream
Umm..he had David green( very good). Matt stafford(elite). Dj shockley( very good colleg qb imo) .Aaron Murray. For a 12 year span that’s a good list(elite in colleg). He’s had a couple stop gap guys and highly regarded kids as prospects that didn’t pan out. But you can make the same argument for other “QB experts” at programs..and his best work..he made 12 a 2 star recruit serviceable

Advertisement
Umm..he had David green( very good). Matt stafford(elite). Dj shockley( very good colleg qb imo) .Aaron Murray. For a 12 year span that’s a good list(elite in colleg). He’s had a couple stop gap guys and highly regarded kids as prospects that didn’t pan out. But you can make the same argument for other “QB experts” at programs..and his best work..he made 12 a 2 star recruit serviceable

I said sending QBs to the league.., NFL

Aaron Murray bounced around for a while but that’s it besides Stafford. Shockley was highly regarded but inconsistent David Green was above average

The point being is that I think it’s a stretch to call Richt a QB guru

Stafford was going to the nfl with Nevin Shapiro as his QB coach, he has an elite NFL arm

Advertisement
I said sending QBs to the league.., NFL

Aaron Murray bounced around for a while but that’s it besides Stafford. Shockley was highly regarded but inconsistent David Green was above average

The point being is that I think it’s a stretch to call Richt a QB guru

Stafford was going to the nfl with Nevin Shapiro as his QB coach, he has an elite NFL arm
With that logic on stafford a kid like Kyle Wright should have been in the league also..we’ve plenty of golden arm HS QB prospects go to the wrong situation in college and never tap that potential. So u can’t say the coach gets no credit for a kids college development...and you can’t evaluate who is a QB guru mostly by who sends the most to the league. If A kid like Aaron Murray was 6”3 he’d had been a top 5 pick. Same with DJ..I’d consider a guy like Holgerson and leach QB gurus but the kids they develop don’t get/stick in the league because of faults that have nothing to do with the coaches but just this cookie cutter idea of what a QB has to like. HT,WT and arm strength. Lately we have seen that trend change with guys like drew brees and Russ debunking those theories..but even if your going off of nfl production,all those I listed MR has gotten shots to at least audition in the league based on what they did under him. So that let’s you know he can get kids ready mentally enough and technically enough to get a shot..

I'll tell you this. If I was a big time QB, I see a chance to play early and often at UM. Now we just have to beat the bushes to find one of these guys.

Know things are quite, but strongly believe there will be a new QB on campus after first of year.

Advertisement
Richt needs to play JW asap, agreed. I sense that Richt is giving this season one more chance and that's against BC. If Rosier cobbles a win together, I'm sure Richt thinks, well, we can ride it out with Rosier another week. I don't think he'll start JWill until we're mathematically out of the ACCCG picture.

The worst thing richt can do is to keep switching b/w Perry and Rosier the rest of the year. That would be a disaster.

Advertisement
Indeed, we better get Williams ready to hand the ball off on 1st and 2nd down for minimal gain and throw low % deep balls on 3rd and long.

We had 13 days in-between games, Williams should have been getting real reps and not just scout team work. The time to see what he can do is approaching and if he doesn't look like the answer we better be looking for a grad transfer.

Now the 3rd string QB.

When he doesn't do ****...yall will want someone else.
Yes, Weldon maybe... then when he doesn’t work out maybe we can try a walk on, if all else fails just grab a student from the stands. Desperate times, calls for desperate measures.. :noidea:

Advertisement
Back