Time to fire 'the Nanny' (and AD)

Advertisement
that's the thing, whoever takes this job over(and if it's a real competent coach), he will literally have to start from the foundation up in terms of how we tackle, block, play with leverage/pad level all that stuff because of the way we currently practice, all those things are lost on our players

The things Ive heard are alarming, and it shows up in games

It wouldn't surprise me to see a bunch of our guys actually transfer out because it would be too tough for them
A competent head coach could turn all
that around in a very, very short amount of time.

A competent head coach could turn all
that around in a very, very short amount of time.

I dont disagree, but I think Miami's problems go far beyond that.

But if you talk to people that really know football and can break down technique and schemes, they'll tell you how poorly coached and prepared we are.

This is what I'd label a systemic breakdown

I dont disagree, but I think Miami's problems go far beyond that.

But if you talk to people that really know football and can break down technique and schemes, they'll tell you how poorly coached and prepared we are.

This is what I'd label a systemic breakdown
Totally agree. And yes, you need a competent head coach AND a competent AD.

This was a solid post, can't argue with anything. I think Diaz is the worst hire UM has made since Butch left. He is worse than Golden, Shannon, Coker, and Richt.
Diaz lost my support today. I always try to be optimistic and was really hoping he could right the ship because I really feel like he loves Miami and the University and you can’t deny he is intelligent. Plus he would have been our Bobby Bowden because I don’t think he would have bolted for the NFL because this is his dream job. But I just can’t do it anymore. I can’t stay positive with this team. The undisciplined mistakes and missed tackles really pushed me over the edge. I realize there’s a lot more then that but those brought me to the edge of the cliff and I am not sure I won’t jump. I just hope we can keep signing good classes with a new coaching staff because we really do have talented underclassmen. With that said I would rather have Diaz over Golden and Shannon and Coker to some extent. 10 year ago Richt probably would have done really good here he just should have rode off into the sunset instead of coaching here.

Advertisement
Miami was always at its best when it had first round talent not gimmicks. We always were super talented when we were good. That whole trickery **** ain't getting first rounders here. I don't want to be UCF I want to be Miami

Diaz lost my support today. I always try to be optimistic and was really hoping he could right the ship because I really feel like he loves Miami and the University and you can’t deny he is intelligent. Plus he would have been our Bobby Bowden because I don’t think he would have bolted for the NFL because this is his dream job. But I just can’t do it anymore. I can’t stay positive with this team. The undisciplined mistakes and missed tackles really pushed me over the edge. I realize there’s a lot more then that but those brought me to the edge of the cliff and I am not sure I won’t jump. I just hope we can keep signing good classes with a new coaching staff because we really do have talented underclassmen. With that said I would rather have Diaz over Golden and Shannon and Coker to some extent. 10 year ago Richt probably would have done really good here he just should have rode off into the sunset instead of coaching here.
He’s a nole. What makes you think he’s intelligent? Diass is the worst corch in Canes history and it’s not close.

He’s a nole. What makes you think he’s intelligent? Diass is the worst corch in Canes history and it’s not close.

who, just throwing a name out here, what do you think about Lane Kiffin or Joe Brady?

Advertisement
who, just throwing a name out here, what do you think about Lane Kiffin or Joe Brady?
1)Mario - Most qualified and realistic option.
2)Lane - Joey Freshwater in Coral Gables will be must watch. I got the Tide on upset watch in 2 weeks time as the Lane Train looks to keep on rolling.

Joe Brady - I don’t think he’s a college guy. I heard he doesn’t like to recruit, he’ll stay in the league.

1)Mario - Most qualified and realistic option.
2)Lane - Joey Freshwater in Coral Gables will be must watch. I got the Tide on upset watch in 2 weeks time as the Lane Train looks to keep on rolling.

Joe Brady - I don’t think he’s a college guy. I heard he doesn’t like to recruit, he’ll stay in the league.

Yeah, Im with you. This Ol Miss team will give Bama ****. Perfect style of play, they're bold, Lane aint' scared and Corral has turned into a top flight college QB

But going back to UM, we also need competent and bold leadership from the AD

Diaz needs to go & we need to start recruiting high IQ players. Our players are the dumbest I’ve ever seen & have been for years.

Although I agree the accountability issue does t help. Players do dumb **** and stay in the game and no one ever gets chewed out. It should be drilled into these guys heads no to do some of the **** they do. There’s many ways to do it

Diaz should no doubt be fired. With all the guys returning, according to most people a top 10 qb, new coaches on defense. On top of that he took over a defense he said was unacceptable but they still can’t stop the run
He took over the defense that he said was unacceptable and it became worse. Not only that, but according to him, the team only recently started to miss tackles and by recently he means, when he took over.

Advertisement
Yeah, Im with you. This Ol Miss team will give Bama ****. Perfect style of play, their bold, Lane aint' scared and Corral has turned into a top flight college QB

Mario and Lane - both alphas and you can bet we won’t see this “nanny” BS.

Hopefully soon enough. We suck in football, basketball, and baseball. There is no way Blake survives. The ticket salesman has punched his ticket back to Maine.

Yeah, Im with you. This Ol Miss team will give Bama ****. Perfect style of play, they're bold, Lane aint' scared and Corral has turned into a top flight college QB

Also, thoughts on Flagg’s boxing segment? Lol

Everyone is titled to their own opinions and I respect yours. As much as I hate the Noles I am unsure how that effects his intelligence level 🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️

Advertisement
3rd, did you happen to see 'A Football Life' on Nick Saban last night?

They showed this one clip where Saban is talking to his team and he said something to the effect: ''Dont get to a point here in practice where you can do something right -- do it to a point where you can never do it wrong."

That the type of standard and attention to detail that is vital

It goes to show you what a coaching mismatch it was a couple of weeks ago

I really think one of the problems that Manny has is that he wants to be liked by the players. Its why he sticks with these upperclassmen who have shown what they are the past few seasons. And he doesnt want to be the jerk that the really great coaches have to be at times

Another thing Im told is that guys who come from big-time programs to UM are actually a bit dismayed by how we approach things overall. They are used to a more stringent way of preparing. That's why this loss today isn't that surprising to me, and why Im not devastated, because I want a change to happen quickly
I don’t thin Saban cancels practice to take his guys to Top Golf.

Miami is going to be in a dogfight with a lot of these ACC teams, it's no guarantee that we will even win 6 games this year. Maybe I am overreacting, but our team is not very good plus our coaching is horrendous.
1983, are you watching this UNC-UVa game? Those are two offenses that will carve up 'the Nanny's' unit

Advertisement
Back