Time to fire 'the Nanny' (and AD)

I disagree with the whole premise of firing Manny. I think the administration has to invest in getting him the “made a tackle diamond earrings” and “got a stop on 3rd down bezeled watch” then give him another 3 years. If that doesn’t work, then invest in the “wasn’t yucking it up after a loss jeweled crown” with another 3 years. That should absolutely correct the poor culture, lack of discipline and overall lack of accountability

Advertisement
3rd, did you happen to see 'A Football Life' on Nick Saban last night?

They showed this one clip where Saban is talking to his team and he said something to the effect: ''Dont get to a point here in practice where you can do something right -- do it to a point where you can never do it wrong."

That the type of standard and attention to detail that is vital

It goes to show you what a coaching mismatch it was a couple of weeks ago

I really think one of the problems that Manny has is that he wants to be liked by the players. Its why he sticks with these upperclassmen who have shown what they are the past few seasons. And he doesnt want to be the jerk that the really great coaches have to be at times

Another thing Im told is that guys who come from big-time programs to UM are actually a bit dismayed by how we approach things overall. They are used to a more stringent way of preparing. That's why this loss today isn't that surprising to me, and why Im not devastated, because I want a change to happen quickly
Yes, saw it. There’s a standard to achieve perfection, with Diaz it’s a guy at fantasy camp wanting friends. This was never going to work but the quicker Blake and him are gone the quicker we find out if there’s an opportunity to reset

They showed this one clip where Saban is talking to his team and he said something to the effect: ''Dont get to a point here in practice where you can do something right -- do it to a point where you can never do it wrong."

I really think one of the problems that Manny has is that he wants to be liked by the players. Its why he sticks with these upperclassmen who have shown what they are the past few seasons. And he doesnt want to be the jerk that the really great coaches have to be at times

Another thing Im told is that guys who come from big-time programs to UM are actually a bit dismayed by how we approach things overall. They are used to a more stringent way of preparing. That's why this loss today isn't that surprising to me, and why Im not devastated, because I want a change to happen quickly
If I still had hope in Diaz and was on edge for the turning point, I would've been devastated with today's result. I knew Diaz was a bad hire given the background around his hiring in the first place, and FIU solidified my gut feeling. This prevented Diaz from gaining any good will with the fanbase (and hopefully the BOT). Take the short term losses with the hopeful long term gain.

But we need Blake gone once Manny's gone.

If I still had hope in Diaz and was on edge for the turning point, I would've been devastated with today's result. I knew Diaz was a bad hire given the background around his hiring in the first place, and FIU solidified my gut feeling. This prevented Diaz from gaining any good will with the fanbase (and hopefully the BOT). Take the short term losses with the hopeful long term gain.

But we need Blake gone once Manny's gone.

one being gone without the other, negates the whole thing. Both have to be outta here..

Advertisement
- I dont ever want to hear Will Mallory be mentioned as a standout TE. He's an awful blocker, and now he's dropping easy passes. He's soft and one-dimensional as a player. Get Arroyo on the field more. Romello Brinson flashed, good to see. Elijah Roberts got his first substantial playing time as a Hurricane. I want to see the full blown youth movement starting next week

I wish he were one-dimensional. Unfortunately, it turns out he has zero dimensions. What does he do well? How does he help us win?

Arroyo has a ton of upside and is more of a threat than Mallory right now. Play him.

I remember in the FIU game manny tried to talk to Trevon hill and hill blew him off after hill messed up. Clearly doesn’t have the players respect, you don’t have to be a complete jackass to be a good coach but you have to be able to hold guys accountable and manny clearly doesn’t do that.

Advertisement

It's all related to the culture that really hasn't changed since like 2006. Winning and success is not important anymore it appears at UM. Diaz is more concerned about having his players like him than winning and holding players accountable. It's a joke and beyond pathetic what this program has become under James and Diaz. The BOT and AD has to change, or nothing else matters.

It's all related to the culture that really hasn't changed since like 2006. Winning and success is not important anymore it appears at UM. Diaz is more concerned about having his players like him than winning and holding players accountable. It's a joke and beyond pathetic what this program has become under James and Diaz. The BOT and AD has to change, or nothing else matters.

1983, are you watching this UNC-UVa game? Those are two offenses that will carve up 'the Nanny's' unit

Advertisement
A few things. But should we call this 'Mannyball' -- poor, undisciplined, uninspired play, where there is no accountability?

But after today, 'the Nanny' (yes I said what I said) can pack up his Turnover Chain, Touchdown Rings, slip-and-slids and get the **** outta here -- and hopefully take Blake James with him. This experiment was an unmitigated disaster. Time to cut our losses

Mack Brown knew

This is maddening to watch(yet us fools do it every week, lol).

Manny is all smoke, mirrors and turnover jewelry.

Some other things/observations:

- Miami needs to go full blown Air Raid, pass-to-eventually-run. Yes, there will be some limitations, but it's simply the way to go for this unit, which cant create a good push upfront in the run game. King may leave plays on the field, but at least Miami has half a chance with this style of play. Good to see Rambo have a nice day

- Back to King yeah, he might miss some reads, but geez, they put a lot on his shoulders. In essence he has to not only throw but also be the running game with scrambles. At a certain point, we're going to wear him out.

But his NIL business can't be good right now. There is a downside to all this stuff -- an expectation to play well.

- Cam Harris is lucky he didnt play for Don Soldinger with all that hesitating he does before hitting the hole. Quadtrine Harris once said the only advice Solly ever gave him, and what he harped on was : 'Hey bro, just go straight, run hard, and get your 4 yards. OK? Just run straight, and get the four." That was the basis of his coaching when it came to that. Harris needs to just stick his foot in the ground and get north-south and put his head down. He's not nearly elusive enough, or has the feet, to run the way he tries to

- I dont ever want to hear Will Mallory be mentioned as a standout TE. He's an awful blocker, and now he's dropping easy passes. He's soft and one-dimensional as a player. Get Arroyo on the field more. Romello Brinson flashed, good to see. Elijah Roberts got his first substantial playing time as a Hurricane. I want to see the full blown youth movement starting next week

- Ever notice how on our bubble screen game our WR's get pushed back, while on the flip side, our defenses gets killed on similar plays because opposing WR's are so feisty and they fight hard. Again, that's coaching and mentality in play. (of course, we actually had Gurvan Hall literally run away from a ball carrier into a blocker, but that's another story)

- Still not. or ever, doing a good job defensively in terms of gap/lane integrity and control, leveraging plays back inside to fellow defenders and then overall poor tackling to top it off. In short, Mannyball

- Small things that are big. Ive noticed early in the game as MSU ran RPO and waggles, that are defenders didn't really try to even get their hands up and disrupt throws, if not tip them, as they come towards the QB We finally did that at the end of the 3rd with Chantz Williams batting down a pass. Again, UM is not good at the little things consistently enough.

- Anyways, none of this is surprising. I just wonder if our administration(and I know some will get upset by this) even cares about the football program to make a substantive change.

Hope everyone has a great rest of their weekend.

Manny ain’t going nowhere. He is doing what the school wants him to do- keep kids off the police blotter and win 7-9 games a year. Keep cashing those ACC checks, baby! Fck’g LAFF🙄

Advertisement
A few things. But should we call this 'Mannyball' -- poor, undisciplined, uninspired play, where there is no accountability?

But after today, 'the Nanny' (yes I said what I said) can pack up his Turnover Chain, Touchdown Rings, slip-and-slids and get the **** outta here -- and hopefully take Blake James with him. This experiment was an unmitigated disaster. Time to cut our losses

Mack Brown knew

This is maddening to watch(yet us fools do it every week, lol).

Manny is all smoke, mirrors and turnover jewelry.

Some other things/observations:

- Miami needs to go full blown Air Raid, pass-to-eventually-run. Yes, there will be some limitations, but it's simply the way to go for this unit, which cant create a good push upfront in the run game. King may leave plays on the field, but at least Miami has half a chance with this style of play. Good to see Rambo have a nice day

- Back to King yeah, he might miss some reads, but geez, they put a lot on his shoulders. In essence he has to not only throw but also be the running game with scrambles. At a certain point, we're going to wear him out.

But his NIL business can't be good right now. There is a downside to all this stuff -- an expectation to play well.

- Cam Harris is lucky he didnt play for Don Soldinger with all that hesitating he does before hitting the hole. Quadtrine Harris once said the only advice Solly ever gave him, and what he harped on was : 'Hey bro, just go straight, run hard, and get your 4 yards. OK? Just run straight, and get the four." That was the basis of his coaching when it came to that. Harris needs to just stick his foot in the ground and get north-south and put his head down. He's not nearly elusive enough, or has the feet, to run the way he tries to

- Ever notice how on our bubble screen game our WR's get pushed back, while on the flip side, our defenses gets killed on similar plays because opposing WR's are so feisty and they fight hard. Again, that's coaching and mentality in play. (of course, we actually had Gurvan Hall literally run away from a ball carrier into a blocker, but that's another story)

- Still not. or ever, doing a good job defensively in terms of gap/lane integrity and control, leveraging plays back inside to fellow defenders and then overall poor tackling to top it off. In short, Mannyball

- Small things that are big. Ive noticed early in the game as MSU ran RPO and waggles, that are defenders didn't really try to even get their hands up and disrupt throws, if not tip them, as they come towards the QB We finally did that at the end of the 3rd with Chantz Williams batting down a pass. Again, UM is not good at the little things consistently enough.

- Anyways, none of this is surprising. I just wonder if our administration(and I know some will get upset by this) even cares about the football program to make a substantive change.

Hope everyone has a great rest of their weekend.
Great post.

Sadly, it seems like only the tip of the iceberg.

Feel like the next HFC will need to completely gut the program before even starting to rebuild the culture and the foundation

Diaz needs to go & we need to start recruiting high IQ players. Our players are the dumbest I’ve ever seen & have been for years.
I think they are coached to do the wrong thing..

Hard to be football savvy when your coaches are clueless wrt scheme and fundamentals...

1632022349777.jpeg

Advertisement
Back