Time to fire 'the Nanny' (and AD)

Advertisement
Tackling, leverage, and assignment football have nothing to do with talent.
Those things are bad I agree but we are getting raided for too talent. One or two 5 stars a class ain't making a difference. Everything's bad right now

Tackling, leverage, and assignment football have nothing to do with talent.
People are so stuck on talent they can’t see talent is useless if you lack discipline and coaching. Michigan State was a roster full of duct tape, transfers and 3 stars. Yet they mashed our **** in. Coaching is huge.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The funny part is that if Manny got fired he’d be LUCKY to land a P5 DC job. I believe outsiders would view him as a group of 5 DC and he’d be lucky to get a gig like that.

I should repeat; the Athletic Director should be the first to go. He's had multiple coaches fail on his watch, and became permanently attached to Diaz when he bought him out from Temple for $4 million. Under his watch football, baseball, and basketball programs have suffered and becomes shells of their former glory.

...If Diaz is shown the door, Blake James needs to go out first to warm up the car so that both of them can leave town and never come back.

And the BOT needs to hire an aggressive, no-nonsense Athletic Director that knows about football.

It's like building a house. You can't start out building walls or the ceiling. You need a good foundation otherwise the whole house falls down. The Athletic Director is that foundation; not just for football but for ALL athletics.

Advertisement
Diaz should no doubt be fired. With all the guys returning, according to most people a top 10 qb, new coaches on defense. On top of that he took over a defense he said was unacceptable but they still can’t stop the run
Blake James should have already been fired. His head must roll immediately.

Blake James is less than worthless as an AD. Look at his hires in all sports

Diaz when we hit the upcoming four game losing streak (but he should probably go after we lose our next game)

Advertisement
A few things. But should we call this 'Mannyball' -- poor, undisciplined, uninspired play, where there is no accountability?

But after today, 'the Nanny' (yes I said what I said) can pack up his Turnover Chain, Touchdown Rings, slip-and-slids and get the **** outta here -- and hopefully take Blake James with him. This experiment was an unmitigated disaster. Time to cut our losses

Mack Brown knew

This is maddening to watch(yet us fools do it every week, lol).

Manny is all smoke, mirrors and turnover jewelry.

Some other things/observations:

- Miami needs to go full blown Air Raid, pass-to-eventually-run. Yes, there will be some limitations, but it's simply the way to go for this unit, which cant create a good push upfront in the run game. King may leave plays on the field, but at least Miami has half a chance with this style of play. Good to see Rambo have a nice day

- Back to King yeah, he might miss some reads, but geez, they put a lot on his shoulders. In essence he has to not only throw but also be the running game with scrambles. At a certain point, we're going to wear him out.

But his NIL business can't be good right now. There is a downside to all this stuff -- an expectation to play well.

- Cam Harris is lucky he didnt play for Don Soldinger with all that hesitating he does before hitting the hole. Quadtrine Harris once said the only advice Solly ever gave him, and what he harped on was : 'Hey bro, just go straight, run hard, and get your 4 yards. OK? Just run straight, and get the four." That was the basis of his coaching when it came to that. Harris needs to just stick his foot in the ground and get north-south and put his head down. He's not nearly elusive enough, or has the feet, to run the way he tries to

- I dont ever want to hear Will Mallory be mentioned as a standout TE. He's an awful blocker, and now he's dropping easy passes. He's soft and one-dimensional as a player. Get Arroyo on the field more. Romello Brinson flashed, good to see. Elijah Roberts got his first substantial playing time as a Hurricane. I want to see the full blown youth movement starting next week

- Ever notice how on our bubble screen game our WR's get pushed back, while on the flip side, our defenses gets killed on similar plays because opposing WR's are so feisty and they fight hard. Again, that's coaching and mentality in play. (of course, we actually had Gurvan Hall literally run away from a ball carrier into a blocker, but that's another story)

- Still not. or ever, doing a good job defensively in terms of gap/lane integrity and control, leveraging plays back inside to fellow defenders and then overall poor tackling to top it off. In short, Mannyball

- Small things that are big. Ive noticed early in the game as MSU ran RPO and waggles, that are defenders didn't really try to even get their hands up and disrupt throws, if not tip them, as they come towards the QB We finally did that at the end of the 3rd with Chantz Williams batting down a pass. Again, UM is not good at the little things consistently enough.

- Anyways, none of this is surprising. I just wonder if our administration(and I know some will get upset by this) even cares about the football program to make a substantive change.

Hope everyone has a great rest of their weekend.
Excellent points! It's always the little things that bring you down. Lack of attention to detail.

If Blake is fired and a competent AD is brought in the rest will take care of itself.

Cut of the head of the snake.

Advertisement
Those things are bad I agree but we are getting raided for too talent. One or two 5 stars a class ain't making a difference. Everything's bad right now
It’s currently highlighted bc we have very poor coaching.

If our players were actually coached up we’d see the talents shine. I’d trade coaching staffs with 10 other teams in the ACC

It’s currently highlighted bc we have very poor coaching.

If our players were actually coached up we’d see the talents shine. I’d trade coaching staffs with 10 other teams in the ACC
I'll trade the staff for anyone. All our last four staffs didn't fit what UM does. UM recruits monsters that's how we win...those guys didn't and most fans saw that. There x and O's weren't good either. Every hire had x and O and recruiting issues.

Advertisement
Back