Time to commit... [to Mario]

I don't think MC is the alpha dog that some Canes fans want him to be. He's not really feared within the conference and plenty of coaches at "inferior" programs have eaten his lunch. He's just seen as am alpha amongst some on here because he was part of 2 national championship teams during the heyday and he constantly talks about "working hard", so in the minds of some, that makes him top dog. 9-9 at Miami, 3-7 in the ACC and 0-5 to ACC opponents at home is not very alpha dog like IMO.
that 0-5 in conference at home is a killer considering richt had 2 home losses in conf in 2 years.

Advertisement
Yup, very rarely am I at “fire the guy” before Year 3. Manny was an exception, I wanted him fired after FIU.

Still plenty of time in Year 2, but Saturday will be a pivotal turning point.
Imagine if instead of FIU, Manny lost to MTSU, hired and ran the Gattis offense in year 1 and in year 2 opted to run instead of kneeling against GT… would these same excuse making defenders in the MariBro Brigade be remotely as supportive of Manny???

Imagine if instead of FIU, Manny lost to MTSU, hired and ran the Gattis offense in year 1 and in year 2 opted to run instead of kneeling against GT… would these same excuse making defenders in the MariBro Brigade be remotely as supportive of Manny???
Sounds like you already know the answer.

It’s the favoritism and excuses around here that makes the realists even more angered. Cristobal will have the longest leash in Miami Hurricanes Coaching History. Honestly, one more ***** up and any other coach would be fired - between MTSU, Gattis, and the GT debacle.

that 0-5 in conference at home is a killer considering richt had 2 home losses in conf in 2 years.
Mike Elko turned Duke around year 1. Brent Veneables was a 1st time HC at OU last year who many posters on here thought would flame out in 3 years. He now has them undefeated and ranked in the top 10 year 2 and being mentioned as a potential national championship contender. Only on CIS do some posters think Mario needs his hand held and 5 years to "cHaNgE dA CuLcHa oF Da PrOgRaM." Mario is what his record says he is.

Advertisement
@Brooklyndee can tell you because he lived it. you dont change culture over night.
Y'all please stop bringing me into these threads. I know it's certainly not intentional. But I'm tired of continually having to rationalize **** with people who are irrational. Whose fault is it that you all constantly want to set your own expectations?!? It wouldn't matter if Bear Bryant rolled out of his grave to coach last season. With the things that happened last year you'd have to be a blatant ****** moron to expect much to go different. The man has said over and over were working, we're getting better, we're progressing. If you don't think we got better from last season to this one then yeah, again you're blatant ****** morons. Before the season started we said we still have depth issues we're going to need to go certain positions far more in depth. it's great we have a pretty good starting lineup on both sides of the ball. Certain holes obviously, however for the most part it's not glaring. The man is in his SECOND year of rebuilding a broken program. Whose fault is it that you all don't want to recognize how broken this **** hole of a program has been.
Or know enough about team sports to recognize this isn't an overnight process. Either get on the train or just get the **** off it. All this back and forth **** just makes us all look like soft shouldered pussys. Reality for anyone paying attention, we're not supposed to compete to win the conference this season. Were simply supposed to get better and grow as a team together. Whether thats 7,8,9,10 wins that's still substantial progress from last year. This university doesn't need approval from fans on a message board believe it or not. File ur petitions,fly your banners, whatever the **** y'all wanna do.Do it. Just stop acting like hoes and bickering so ****** much. It's tiresome to see a bunch of grown *** men so feminine outside of love and hip hop Miami... long term were just fine with or without y'all. Same stupid *** **** over and over was said with Butch. Than we spent 20 years begging to bring him back. **** outta here with that stupid ****.

I’m sick of this personally. I used to be a believer in this fairy tale excuse.

You know how you change culture? Winning and not looking like a buffoon on the sidelines with atrocious clock management and decision-making. Looks to be working just fine at just about every other school. Norvell, Venebles, DeBoer, Elko, Sarkisian, Leipold, Brohm, even bumf^ck Napier say hello.

Jedd Fisch took over an embarrassment of an Arizona team, went 1-11 first year, then 5-7 and now has lost single digit games to UW and USC with a backup true freshman QB, then stomped #19 Wazzu. Currently 4-3…less than three years and this is ARIZONA.

But only Mario needs half a decade to clean it up. Next year there are no excuses. Miami truly is a special circumstance.
preach GIF by Shalita Grant

I normally wouldn’t agree but I think people are mad because they thought we were back. We aren’t and we weren’t close to it. We all thought but this is reality
I expected to lose to UNC, even though we could've won that game. I think a good majority are mad given how we lost to GT, and the fact that this has always been Mario's Mo; plus, he lost the exact same style when he was at Oregon against Stanford which makes it more frustrating.

Advertisement
I expected to lose to UNC, even though we could've won that game. I think a good majority are mad given how we lost to GT, and the fact that this has always been Mario's Mo; plus, he lost the exact same style when he was at Oregon against Stanford which makes it more frustrating.
I’m just watching this next class. I do see more a lot more good than bad. We get dog walked by unc in other regimes (still not an excuse) but when you have realistic expectations and understand it’s a rebuild you can sleep easy. I seen a lot more good. It reminds me when we beat the breaks off fsu I saw a lot of good from them schematically I remember the thread I think cribby was too. My memory is trash I’m old. I was like fsu roster was cheeks and behold they found a gun slinger. If we find that look out cause the scheme will get guys open. Doesn’t matter the stars in a qb as long as they find someone who sees it

You can still find an under rated qb because qbs are hard to evaluate and one can slip through. I don’t think anyone was beating down the door to get Travis.

I’m just watching this next class. I do see more a lot more good than bad. We get dog walked by unc in other regimes (still not an excuse) but when you have realistic expectations and understand it’s a rebuild you can sleep easy. I seen a lot more good. It reminds me when we beat the breaks off fsu I saw a lot of good from them schematically I remember the thread I think cribby was too. My memory is trash I’m old. I was like fsu roster was cheeks and behold they found a gun slinger. If we find that look out cause the scheme will get guys open. Doesn’t matter the stars in a qb as long as they find someone who sees it

You can still find an under rated qb because qbs are hard to evaluate and one can slip through. I don’t think anyone was beating down the door to get Travis.
I'm right with you. If Mario fails to pull in a Top 12 class - for whatever the reason is - then he's no better than any of our predecessors. He had his bump class, even with the 5-7 disaster of a season. Top 10 is totally within reach, heck we can easily go 8-4 to finish and I expect a Top 10 class if that's the case.

Mario Cristobal should eat up Top 10 classes here for lunch, especially with our commitment to NIL. Moreover, it should be the type of Top-10 class that doesn't have glaring weaknesses at multiple key positions. Despite the disaster that was the last two weeks, those goals are well within reach, holding onto the #13 class as it stands; however, I can't take anyone seriously that thinks the current state of DT, DB, and QB recruiting is acceptable.

Any talk about Mario as anything other than the coach who has improved our team drastically is definitely pre-mature.

Call out the faults and issues we see that we don't love...sure.

But we're in year 2 and look way better than Manny's last year and Mario's first year so far.

No need to panic...YET
I would remind you that in year two Manny went 8-3 and got fired for going 7-5 in year three..............Mario needs to get into gear fast!

Mike Elko turned Duke around year 1. Brent Veneables was a 1st time HC at OU last year who many posters on here thought would flame out in 3 years. He now has them undefeated and ranked in the top 10 year 2 and being mentioned as a potential national championship contender. Only on CIS do some posters think Mario needs his hand held and 5 years to "cHaNgE dA CuLcHa oF Da PrOgRaM." Mario is what his record says he is.
The dark side of the force is strong within you

Advertisement
I'm right with you. If Mario fails to pull in a Top 12 class - for whatever the reason is - then he's no better than any of our predecessors. He had his bump class, even with the 5-7 disaster of a season. Top 10 is totally within reach, heck we can easily go 8-4 to finish and I expect a Top 10 class if that's the case.

Mario Cristobal should eat up Top 10 classes here for lunch, especially with our commitment to NIL. Moreover, it should be the type of Top-10 class that doesn't have glaring weaknesses at multiple key positions. Despite the disaster that was the last two weeks, those goals are well within reach, holding onto the #13 class as it stands; however, I can't take anyone seriously that thinks the current state of DT, DB, and QB recruiting is acceptable.
DT is vital but I think they have a plan if they miss that we obviously don’t know about. And imo he’s doing a better job roster building than anyone by far since butch so I have hope based on that. And even if he doesn’t succeed he will set up the next guy. I want him to succeed cause another hire isn’t a guarantee they get it right. Of all the names ever on CIS most of the popular realistic options have failed more than hit.

I’m sick of this personally. I used to be a believer in this fairy tale excuse.

You know how you change culture? Winning and not looking like a buffoon on the sidelines with atrocious clock management and decision-making. Looks to be working just fine at just about every other school. Norvell, Venebles, DeBoer, Elko, Sarkisian, Leipold, Brohm, even bumf^ck Napier say hello.

Jedd Fisch took over an embarrassment of an Arizona team, went 1-11 first year, then 5-7 and now has lost single digit games to UW and USC with a backup true freshman QB, then stomped #19 Wazzu. Currently 4-3…less than three years and this is ARIZONA.

But only Mario needs half a decade to clean it up. Next year there are no excuses. Miami truly is a special circumstance.

It still is an excuse in year 2 IMO probably half of the coaches you listed have worse records in year 1 and 2 than Mario. I believe Norvell, Sark, Leipold all had worse first 2 years. Napier is TBD but I assume the second half of their season things get wonky, Brohm in his first year who knows but he was a career 500 guy at purdue, Venables walked into a MUCH better program to sell, legit CFB team and he went under .500 and this year aside from Texas has beat no one. Year 3 is typically the make or break year where that excuse runs out IMO.

Advertisement
Just to make you realize how slowly Mario is moving forward. He is TWO games over .500 after 140 games as head coach. Manny Diaz is SIX games over .500 after 36 games. One is now a coordinator.

I've seen some really dumbass **** said on these boards over the years....****, I was even specifically called out to 'go to ******* ****' in the infamous DBC video...but this one....this one...just, wow. No one can possibly be this ******* stupid, can they? Well, except for maybe the OP, who for some inexplicable reason, seemed to think that Manny was making progress and just needed more time.

Come to think of it, a lot of the nonsense going on around the world suddenly makes a lot more sense if these are the kinds of mental midgets populating the planet.

It still is an excuse in year 2 IMO probably half of the coaches you listed have worse records in year 1 and 2 than Mario. I believe Norvell, Sark, Leipold all had worse first 2 years. Napier is TBD but I assume the second half of their season things get wonky, Brohm in his first year who knows but he was a career 500 guy at purdue, Venables walked into a MUCH better program to sell, legit CFB team and he went under .500 and this year aside from Texas has beat no one. Year 3 is typically the make or break year where that excuse runs out IMO.
Fair enough, I’ll elaborate.

When highlighting schools like Kansas, it’s not the record you need to look at. It’s the improvement they’ve undergone comparable to the talent they have.

Take the GT kneel/fumble out of the equation for a split second. We were 20+ point favorites and were barely in a position to squeak our a win. Last week, UNC committed nearly 150 yards of penalties, and yet rag-dolled us around in the 2H in a game that honestly, they could have won by 20. They dominated us in the 2H.

When it comes to conference play (SO FAR), Mario has completely **** the bed and looks minimally better than some of our predecessors.

Leipold took Kansas from 2-10, to 6-7 (big jump), to now 5-2 and probably winning 7-8 games (another jump). Mario has brought in 40+ new players, Kansas assuredly has worse talent than us.

Sarkisian: 5-7, 8-5 (4 losses by 1 score), probably staring at a 10-2 or maybe 11-1 regular season.

DeBoer: Immediate success. 11-2, currently 6-0.

Heupel: 7-6, 11-2, currently 5-1.

Napier: 6-7, currently 5-2 (2H of the season TBD, but remember they’re the youngest team in college football…he’s parading the youth movement. We’re not).

Venebles: 5-7, currently 6-0.

GJ Kinne (Texas State): first year, 5-2. Texas State had gone 3-9, 2-10, 4-8, and 4-8 before he got there.

You can even throw Deion (gross) into this category…I’m sure I missed some others. Talent and culture are no longer an excuse in this day and age of NIL and transfer portal acquisitions. We signed a top 10 portal class, right? A top 10 recruiting class, right? New coaches, right?

Play like it.

The desire for instant gratification is something that the millennials have clearly leaked into the rest of society. I've been watching **** football in Coral Gables for the last 20 years (and F that 2017 MIRAGE - it wasn't real). What's another 2 or 3 at this point, IF we have a realistic shot at returning to relevance. How does that happen? Stacking recruiting classes. Yes game day coaching is critical and Mario et al severely **** the bed the last couple weeks. That can be fixed with a little bit of humility. Stacking recruiting classes is significantly more difficult and I'm not sure anyone in the country is clearly better at it than Mario.

I've seen some really dumbass **** said on these boards over the years....****, I was even specifically called out to 'go to ******* ****' in the infamous DBC video...but this one....this one...just, wow. No one can possibly be this ******* stupid, can they? Well, except for maybe the OP, who for some inexplicable reason, seemed to think that Manny was making progress and just needed more time.

Come to think of it, a lot of the nonsense going on around the world suddenly makes a lot more sense if these are the kinds of mental midgets populating the planet.
* mental small people

Advertisement
Back