Time for Manny to be an absolute pirate!!!

Advertisement
A pirate you say...

Screen Shot 2019-11-13 at 9.23.56 AM.png

Idea 💡... just win and I don’t give a fvck about bowls or rankings. I want to have momentum for recruiting and for next season. This one is a wrap. Just ******* WIN!!!!! 🙌 I’m here for national Championships! Bring us number 6
Beating someone in the Orange Bowl would be bigger than beating someone lesser in El Paso. That's the kind of momentum you want going into the last signing day.

Beating someone in the Orange Bowl would be bigger than beating someone lesser in El Paso. That's the kind of momentum you want going into the last signing day.
You are 100% correct. I’ll take the easier bowl opponent. I don’t have confidence that we’d automatically beat a Wisconsin 🤷‍♂️

Advertisement
Its time to resurrect that classic cane attitude. Judging by the top 25 that was just released we can definitely end the season ranked. We just need to absolutely destroy FIU and Duke. Manny needs to pull no punches. Miami needs to treat FIU like Bethune 63-0 and Duke like Louisville like a 52 to 14 score.
Stop trying to make Manny in some sort of gangster. He is a nole -- so shoplifter not gangster. Tell, why does a kid with rich daddy who is UM alum, go to Tally for school? Did he have to get away from "the hood" to save his life? Were his grades and scores just not there? What is the back story? For me he is a nole and the only good nole is one dying in the mouth of a gator while killing it with a spear. I will give him the TOC but I believe that was mostly one of our actual Canes that gave it that bling.

You are 100% correct. I’ll take the easier bowl opponent. I don’t have confidence that we’d automatically beat a Wisconsin 🤷‍♂️
Something else to consider. When are the bowl announcements made? That could have an impact on the first signing day in December.

Stop trying to make Manny in some sort of gangster. He is a nole -- so shoplifter not gangster. Tell, why does a kid with rich daddy who is UM alum, go to Tally for school? Did he have to get away from "the hood" to save his life? Were his grades and scores just not there? What is the back story? For me he is a nole and the only good nole is one dying in the mouth of a gator while killing it with a spear. I will give him the TOC but I believe that was mostly one of our actual Canes that gave it that bling.

He has a rich daddy?

Also, I know plenty of people that went to other schools because of money or test scores.

Advertisement
...and that would put us in the orange bowl vs florida or auburn

Why the **** does anybody think the Orange Bowl would be willing to have a Florida Miami rematch?

They only did that in 2003 because they had no other options about who to pick.

Something else to consider. When are the bowl announcements made? That could have an impact on the first signing day in December.
I don’t know one kid that would choose us because we’re playing in a bigger bowl, outside of the playoffs. FWIW

Awesome!!!! thanks for the input, your a wealth of knowledge.

Advertisement
Idea 💡... just win and I don’t give a fvck about bowls or rankings. I want to have momentum for recruiting and for next season. This one is a wrap. Just ******* WIN!!!!! 🙌 I’m here for national Championships! Bring us number 6
You get momentum for next season by smashing a couple mediocre teams and then playing on new years in a prime time matchup against a top 10 team. No momentum gained from squeaking by Duke and playing Indiana in a bowl no one watches.

Why the **** does anybody think the Orange Bowl would be willing to have a Florida Miami rematch?

They only did that in 2003 because they had no other options about who to pick.
You do know the goal is to sell tickets and get viewers, right?

Advertisement
You get momentum for next season by smashing a couple mediocre teams and then playing on new years in a prime time matchup against a top 10 team. No momentum gained from squeaking by Duke and playing Indiana in a bowl no one watches.
I’ll be sure to remember the official rules of momentum. Your rules only apply if we WIN the game. Lol 9>8 🤔😉 I’ll take the layup, after the **** show of a season we’ve had. Ty

You do know the goal is to sell tickets and get viewers, right?

He’s comparing the Peach Bowl to the Orange Bowl. The Peach Bowl where both teams have to travel further, the Orange Bowl where you’re guaranteed a much larger crowd because of less travel. No comparison. There’s also a great story, a great build up, based upon the first game of the season.

Of course this is all assuming we win out, and both teams are in a position where they could be offered to the Orange bowl. A lot of stuff can happen - it takes a bunch of pieces falling in the right place for this to even be a possibility.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back