Tim Williams (Bama DE)

Don't want him on the Phins simply because the NFL will suspend the ish out of you if you pop on drug tests. We're going through the same thing right now with Dion Jordan who's been a complete bust.

The nfl 4 game suspension for adderall is absurd. Tomi Lahren could never play in the nfl

Advertisement
Don't want him on the Phins simply because the NFL will suspend the ish out of you if you pop on drug tests. We're going through the same thing right now with Dion Jordan who's been a complete bust.

I hadn't read this thread and generally have an abhorrence to anything Bagma. I should have listened to smarter self. Running into any post that brings up Dion Jordan is a predicate for suicide or murder for us Phin fans.

The mere thought that we drafted anything from that vast expanse of refuse is infuriating. What would anything Miami want to do with Oregon. Well, unless you're Billy Gumption.

The thing is, this is a big reason why kids turn their back on us and go to places like Bama and FSU. We blame it on bags but a lot of times its not duffle bags we are talking about. What went down with Bruce never should have happened. He had already been punished for posing with the gun and then we go and suspend him over the same photo? I would have to get high over that **** too. Kids want a coach that has their back and we want choir boys. Until that changes we will continue to watch kids walk away from the 305 plain and simple no matter how much we are winning.

Advertisement
The thing is, this is a big reason why kids turn their back on us and go to places like Bama and FSU. We blame it on bags but a lot of times its not duffle bags we are talking about. What went down with Bruce never should have happened. He had already been punished for posing with the gun and then we go and suspend him over the same photo? I would have to get high over that **** too. Kids want a coach that has their back and we want choir boys. Until that changes we will continue to watch kids walk away from the 305 plain and simple no matter how much we are winning.

Those coaches don't "have their back". They just want to win and they don't care what happens to them after they're no longer useful. If someone "has your back", they should want you to be successful after you leave, not just care about what you can do for them. That means helping them to understand responsibility and accountability. These are the type of kids that go on to fail drug test after drug test until they're run out of the league, or beat and assualt women, or get DUI after DUI, because so many "adults" and coaches "had their back" when they did those things in high school and college. Those are also the type of kids that end up bankrupt, because they think someone that allows them to do whatever they **** they want "has their back", so they'll invest in bull**** business ideas or allow some high school drop out to be their financial advisor. The reality is those people are just out for themselves and these kids are their paycheck. Those coaches hold them back more than they have their back.

Those coaches don't "have their back". They just want to win and they don't care what happens to them after they're no longer useful. If someone "has your back", they should want you to be successful after you leave, not just care about what you can do for them. That means helping them to understand responsibility and accountability. These are the type of kids that go on to fail drug test after drug test until they're run out of the league, or beat and assualt women, or get DUI after DUI, because so many "adults" and coaches "had their back" when they did those things in high school and college. Those are also the type of kids that end up bankrupt, because they think someone that allows them to do whatever they **** they want "has their back", so they'll invest in bull**** business ideas or allow some high school drop out to be their financial advisor. The reality is those people are just out for themselves and these kids are their paycheck. Those coaches hold them back more than they have their back.

Well then let's add have their back when they ***** up. Do you remember the parents of a recruit literally stating that was why they wanted their kid playing for Jumbo? You are dealing with a mindset of just wanting to get to the league. Can't do it if they aren't on the field. They are not looking for a guidance counselor. Don't get me wrong, I completely agree with you but it comes down to them running with you or watching them run by you.

Well then let's add have their back when they ***** up. Do you remember the parents of a recruit literally stating that was why they wanted their kid playing for Jumbo? You are dealing with a mindset of just wanting to get to the league. Can't do it if they aren't on the field. They are not looking for a guidance counselor. Don't get me wrong, I completely agree with you but it comes down to them running with you or watching them run by you.

I do remember that, and that's horrible ******* parenting. When my kids make a mistake, I want them to learn from it and understand it's wrong. And even though I have their back more than anyone ever will, sometimes that means punishment. I get that there's a mindset of getting to the league, but if these kids don't understand accountability, they end up right back where they were. I know they're not looking for a guidance counselor, but that's exactly what many of them need. That's not the kid's fault, most of them are just surrounded by people that see a talented kid and want to get a piece. Unfortunately, those clingers are too often those people that kids need guidance from the most, parents, coaches, teachers, even guidance counselors. But the kids see those people as having their back because they don't hold them accountable.

I don't think we're necessarily disagreeing. Your pointing out the reality and I'm just talking about how ****ed up that reality is. We, as a society, should want our kids to play for someone that's going to make them better football players and better men. Richt's probably seen too many kids chasing that pay check, but then have no clue what to do once they have it, and it's gone as quickly as it came. Trying to make these kids better men isn't asking for choir boys, it's having their backs, and helping them be successful for the rest of their lives and continue "feeding the fam".

Advertisement
Back