Tim Williams (Bama DE)

Advertisement
You mean that paragon of virtue Saban permits this to go on in doublewideville? Say it isn't so...where were the slobbering Birmingham news writers? Oh wait.....looking the other way.

Advertisement
my boy works at USF where Bama was practicing last week before the game, and he said he saw like four of them roll up to campus in a Rolls Royce, lol wonder how they can afford that...

The problem with a guy like this is he obviously has an addictive personality and lack of control. He failed tests and didn't care. People can say marijuana use is not a big deal, but excessive use and failed drug tests relate the same to someone who's an alcoholic or gambling addict. If they can't get it under control, it can spiral into more destructive lifestyles. Those are the types most NFL GMs and owners can't trust to pay millions.....Dion Jordan, Randy Gregory, Aldon Smith.

And regardless of your opinion and/or if you agree or not, marijuana is still not allowed in the NFL. So if you're employer says no, you have 2 options.....abide or find another career.

The problem with a guy like this is he obviously has an addictive personality and lack of control. He failed tests and didn't care. People can say marijuana use is not a big deal, but excessive use and failed drug tests relate the same to someone who's an alcoholic or gambling addict. If they can't get it under control, it can spiral into more destructive lifestyles. Those are the types most NFL GMs and owners can't trust to pay millions.....Dion Jordan, Randy Gregory, Aldon Smith.

And regardless of your opinion and/or if you agree or not, marijuana is still not allowed in the NFL. So if you're employer says no, you have 2 options.....abide or find another career.

Quality post. Good points.

Quality post. Good points.

Yes. Just the mention of Dion Jordan ****es me off. I remember we traded up for that bust

Advertisement
Advertisement
Saban has made it clear from the jump that the only thing that matters is winning.

I mean **** can Robinson and hootie jones get caught with a concealed weapon and weed and didn't miss a snap. I realize charges weren't pressed but imagine the press if that were to happen at Miami. There would be more calls to **** down the program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bama could have a problem if they let Williams slide despite having a policy mandating otherwise. If I recall, one of the NCAA issues Miami back in the Saap era was having a disciplinary policy for failed drug tests, yet letting Saap play. Times may have changed though.

But I doubt the Tide has any policy unless a player is arrested and charged with a crime.

Last edited:

Domestic battery, solicitation of prostitution, unpaid child support, unpaid taxes, bankruptcy......model human being. He may have ended up being a great player until his red flags overwhelmed his positives, but those types of character traits on display by failing 7 tests and not giving 2 ****s ultimately lead to his downfall.

I'm not saying Sapp is an upstanding citizen. In fact, he seems like a total piece of ****. However, he was one helluva football player, both college and pro. His failed drug tests in college caused a lot of NFL teams to miss out on a dominant player.

Advertisement

Domestic battery, solicitation of prostitution, unpaid child support, unpaid taxes, bankruptcy......model human being. He may have ended up being a great player until his red flags overwhelmed his positives, but those types of character traits on display by failing 7 tests and not giving 2 ****s ultimately lead to his downfall.

I'm not saying Sapp is an upstanding citizen. In fact, he seems like a total piece of ****. However, he was one helluva football player, both college and pro. His failed drug tests in college caused a lot of NFL teams to miss out on a dominant player.

Absolutely. HOFer. But is that the norm? Or is them failing miserably and/or getting suspended the norm? Different times, different testing, bigger money. It makes GMs and owners ultra conservative.

Thanks to the failed drug tests, he fell to Tampa...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back