Tim Reynolds got us winning 11 games and the Orange Bowl

Advertisement
Anything less than an appearance in the acccg would be uncivilized.

Intel = Duke, Bush, Howard, Dorsett, Waters, Morris, Perryman, Figs, Henderson, Linder, Feliciano, Hurns, Jenkins, Gunter, Coley, Grace, etc... []_[] get the picture. The intel states that this is one **** of a team, that can easily win 11 games!

Advertisement
@ByTimReynolds: Got a piece of intel today ... I say 11 wins & Orange Bowl champs. RT @CarlBleich: how many games will the #Canes win this upcoming season?

i think he is mocking many of the self-glorified, internet forum posters disguised as make-believe-journalists who constantly tweet inaccurate information based on "multiple sources"

Here is the thing, IMO the ACC coastal can be won with a 6-2 record this year. I expect UNC to be 5-3 and VT to be 5-3/4-4, if you go 6-2 I think you take the coastal outright.

Our ACC schedule is pretty bad (@ FSU, GT, @ UNC, WF, VT, @ Duke, UVA and @ Pitt) overall. Two games appear to be difficult and those are FSU and UNC. FSU because it is the rival on the road, even though they got hit pretty bad by the draft. UNC because it is a road game on a Thursday night but there main weapon is long gone.

As for our overall OOC schedule (FAU, UF, Savanna State and @ USF), the hardest game is UF by far. In fact the other three games are jokes and in the state of Florida. UF we know was hit by the draft a lot of their starters on defense are gone. We have AN advantage because we play them at home and on an extra day of rest (plus I get married the weekend before).

If we could 6-2 and 3-1, that is 9 wins. 9 wins should be the minimum if Morris stays healthy. Here is how I see it:

Low Bar (35%): 9 wins and win the ACC Coastal Outright and some bowl win.

Medium Bar (40%): 10 wins and win the ACC Conference

High Bar (25%): 11 Wins, win the ACC Conference and win BCS Bowl Game

Well-stated.

Injuries to Morris, Duke or Porter end the possibility of winning the division. Things happen to teams with depth issues. We are two recruiting classes away from being deep enough to survive the loss of key players. BUT, things are moving in the right direction.

Clemson loses Boyd.... A&M loses Manziel... OSU loses Miller...their seasons ****ed too

Advertisement
This is just more off-season kool aid chugging. Our realistic goal should be 8-9 wins, winning the coastal, not losing to a completely inferior team and just stay competitive. Anything more should be looked at as extra. This team has talent but it is unevenly distributed and on top of that we still have a tone of questions.

Will the OL finally play up to it's potential? Will Morris' decision making improve, and will he apply more touch to his short n intermediate throws. Does our defense create enough pressure so that we can get off the field? Does Porter stay healthy? Does Peirre take that next step? I could go on and on. This also doesn't factor in possible injuries at positions we are really thin at. Once people realize this then they won't be ripping their hair out come fall that we aren't a 10-11 win team.

10-2, 11-1, 12-0 is what we should be. 9 wins means we got upset somewhere.
In my mind we were a 9win team last year. UVA and UNC were upsets. Even FSU we played them tough we had a chance. But in my mind we won 9 games so doing the same this year would not be an improvement really.

UF and FSU are the only games that really concern me. Division games. 10-11 wins seems realistic. 12-0 is slim but is not impossible with our schedule. Porsters tripping about the defense. We won 9 games in 2012 with this defense. Most other schools would be 1-11 or non bowl eligible with our d. But this is the U dammitt! We do the impossible! Thats what makes us great! (Ed Reed)

So 2012 was not total disappointment to me because with that d we should have fared worse. But it don't work like that at this school

This is just more off-season kool aid chugging. Our realistic goal should be 8-9 wins, winning the coastal, not losing to a completely inferior team and just stay competitive. Anything more should be looked at as extra. This team has talent but it is unevenly distributed and on top of that we still have a tone of questions.

Will the OL finally play up to it's potential? Will Morris' decision making improve, and will he apply more touch to his short n intermediate throws. Does our defense create enough pressure so that we can get off the field? Does Porter stay healthy? Does Peirre take that next step? I could go on and on. This also doesn't factor in possible injuries at positions we are really thin at. Once people realize this then they won't be ripping their hair out come fall that we aren't a 10-11 win team.

I will admit now that I will rip my hair out if we win 8-9 games. Just on the premise that I know we could do better. We can be a great team this year. We have talent.
It's like watching your kid lose a fight knowing he could have done better. Thats how I feel about the U. The better team doesn't always win and everyone knows that.
That's what they call upsets. 8-9 wins means we got upset. That's just how i feel. Ohio State, Notre Dame and more schools went from 7 wins to 12-0 or 11-1 what will stop Miami from doing the same?

Someone answer that question.

Excellent post.

the defensive line is beyond critical to our defensive success next year, particularly given our young secondary, and the likelihood that one of our starters at linebacker will be a true freshman. Regrettably, there is not much data from last year to suggest that we will have a stout defensive line that can apply pressure.

While i admire his determination and guts, we are in big trouble if Green is once again a starter, bc it means we will need to rely on lb blitzes in order to apply QB pressure. Blitzes can be very effective in spots, but it's a glaring problem if you have to rely on blitzes to get to the QB.

Regarding the interior, we are all hoping Pierre and Porter can stay healthy and get it done. But that hope is not based on a substantiated body of work. Worse still, you really want to have at least a 3-man rotation of productive DTs, and we don't have a proven third contributor. So even if we are lucky and Porter plays the whole season, are Robinson and the other back-ups enough to provide a sustained push in the middle? I hope so, but i can't say i'm confident about it.

Advertisement

I will admit now that I will rip my hair out if we win 8-9 games. Just on the premise that I know we could do better. We can be a great team this year. We have talent.
It's like watching your kid lose a fight knowing he could have done better. Thats how I feel about the U. The better team doesn't always win and everyone knows that.
That's what they call upsets. 8-9 wins means we got upset. That's just how i feel. Ohio State, Notre Dame and more schools went from 7 wins to 12-0 or 11-1 what will stop Miami from doing the same?

I love Golden and believe that he will do great things here so this is not a knock on him, but Brian Kelly and especially Urban(I know we all hate him) are elite coaches that walked into much much better situations. They have way more resources and they didn't not have one of the biggest recruiting scandals, according to the media, hanging over their heads. Yeah OSU got sanctions but they really didn't get anything close to what we have been goin through. In reality I could write a book on the reasons why they did so well.

Now on to your point of if we only win 9 then we were upset somewhere. Well I'll tell you right off the bat we will not be favored(all things being equal) against FSU, UF or UNC. On top of that even though I think we have more talent than VT but that is always a toss up. I think this team has a lot of potential but we as fans always overrated our players, it's just our nature. I would like to think that Bush will step his game up and become an All ACC kid, but that isn't a shoe in with his shoulder problems. DP should be an All American by on some fans eyes, and so forth and so forth.

Last edited:

I love Golden and believe that he will do great things here so this is not a knock on him, but Brian Kelly and especially Urban(I know we all hate him) are elite coaches that walked into much much better situations. They have way more resources and they didn't not have one of the biggest recruiting scandals, according to the media, hanging over their heads. Yeah OSU got sanctions but they really didn't get anything close to what we have been goin through. In reality I could write a book on the reasons why they did so well.

Now on to your point of if we only win 9 then we were upset somewhere. Well I'll tell you right off the bat we will not be favored(all things being equal) against FSU, UF or UNC. On top of that even though I think we have more talent than VT but that is always a toss up. I think this team has a lot of potential but we as fans always overrated our players, it's just our nature. I would like to think that Bush will step his game up and become an All ACC kid, but that isn't a shoe in with his shoulder problems. DP should be an All American by on some fans eyes, and so forth and so forth.

I agree. You always come correct in your post. I think VT is usually a threat but with Logan Thomas im not certain.
The funny thing is that since 2003 the team in the ACCG from the coastal has been either VT or GT.
With that history I believe VT and GT are the biggest coastal threats. While I have big hopes I am no fool.
I know you have to win your division to get to the Conference Championship you have to win that to get to the NC. But it starts in the division.
Division games are usually the toughest no matter what level because you meet each other every year. You are familiar with each other.

Either way I am very excited to see improvement. I agree that I overrate players as a fan.
The biggest thing a look forward to is seeing someone step up. It happens every year to every team someone that no one expects to contribute.
Who will it be 2013?
Go Canes

Advertisement
The biggest thing with VT is that they just always play us tough. Last year was crazy because it was the first time their team played below their talent when they are so used to playing above it. Remember they whooped our *** the year we set the record with most 1st round picks. That being said if we don't win the coastal then we have a major problem. In terms of who steps up, well I'm looking for improvement of some kinda all across the board, because that is what a good staff does. In terms of just one player, then I think Chickillo emerges as the All Conference talent he could be(not all American though).

Advertisement
Back