Tim Reynolds got us winning 11 games and the Orange Bowl

NVA CANE

All-American
@ByTimReynolds: Got a piece of intel today ... I say 11 wins & Orange Bowl champs. RT @CarlBleich: how many games will the #Canes win this upcoming season?

Advertisement
We desperately need to get our D in line for us to win 10 games...much less 11. I dig the positive vibes but we need some D bad.

I think our defense will be a little bit better than what most think. Finally starting to get some experience & talent in the trenches. Just got to keep them healthy.

Advertisement
Injuries to Morris, Duke or Porter end the possibility of winning the division. Things happen to teams with depth issues. We are two recruiting classes away from being deep enough to survive the loss of key players. BUT, things are moving in the right direction.

I think this year's class, the incoming freshman will provide the depth starting next year.Then golden's classes will be srs, jrs, and sophs, so no excuses in my book.

Advertisement
No you're wrong there, he is factual with his reporting, when he writes he actually does his job as a journalist and basis it on facts and actual information he receives. If anyone takes the time he actually was money on his predictions the last two years. So here's hoping he is right based on information he actually gets, not like most of us here who base it off our John Madden coaching skills. Lol! I can tell you the sentiment in Greentree is anything less than 10 wins is a failure this year, so I can understand why Reynolds would predict that

No you're wrong there, he is factual with his reporting, when he writes he actually does his job as a journalist and basis it on facts and actual information he receives. If anyone takes the time he actually was money on his predictions the last two years. So here's hoping he is right based on information he actually gets, not like most of us here who base it off our John Madden coaching skills. Lol! I can tell you the sentiment in Greentree is anything less than 10 wins is a failure this year, so I can understand why Reynolds would predict that

I'm not sure exactly how "INTEL" can provide anyone with knowing what a team's record will be and what bowl they will win. Unless his intel comes from Marty McFly and Doc Brown from "Back to the Future".

Advertisement

I'm not sure exactly how "INTEL" can provide anyone with knowing what a team's record will be and what bowl they will win. Unless his intel comes from Marty McFly and Doc Brown from "Back to the Future".

almanaccovercopy.jpg

He is using facts to give an opinion. I appreciate Tim and what he does.

Advertisement
Here is the thing, IMO the ACC coastal can be won with a 6-2 record this year. I expect UNC to be 5-3 and VT to be 5-3/4-4, if you go 6-2 I think you take the coastal outright.

Our ACC schedule is pretty bad (@ FSU, GT, @ UNC, WF, VT, @ Duke, UVA and @ Pitt) overall. Two games appear to be difficult and those are FSU and UNC. FSU because it is the rival on the road, even though they got hit pretty bad by the draft. UNC because it is a road game on a Thursday night but there main weapon is long gone.

As for our overall OOC schedule (FAU, UF, Savanna State and @ USF), the hardest game is UF by far. In fact the other three games are jokes and in the state of Florida. UF we know was hit by the draft a lot of their starters on defense are gone. We have AN advantage because we play them at home and on an extra day of rest (plus I get married the weekend before).

If we go 6-2 and 3-1, that is 9 wins. 9 wins should be the minimum if Morris stays healthy. Here is how I see it:

Low Bar (35%): 9 wins and win the ACC Coastal Outright and some bowl win.

Medium Bar (40%): 10 wins and win the ACC Conference

High Bar (25%): 11 Wins, win the ACC Conference and win BCS Bowl Game

Last edited:
I see us a minimum 9 wins with 11 very approachable. The defense should make a jump just based on experience alone, if the talent meshes well we could be in for a special year.

I've come to the point where if we don't beat the Gators, it won't be a great season for me.

I hear you. This means we are going in the right direction.

Butttt.... We can't lose sight of the war despite winning the battle. The UF game is not relevant to winning the ACC and getting to a BCS bowl, which is the next step for the program.

Advertisement
Back