Tim Irvin

Advertisement
Get a subscription...

172.gif

Miami has made it clear to Irvin he can be a key piece to their 2015 class.

“Miami just always tells me how I can be an impact in their 2015 class and how I can be a part of a special recruiting class that brings the old UM back,” Irvin said.

Irvin plays both wide receiver and defensive back for Westminster Christian. He says Miami has talked to him about playing either receiver or defensive back for them, depending on how their class shakes out.

“They like me as a defensive back and a player that can really help on special teams, but Coach Coley says he likes me in the slot too,” Irvin said. “It is nice to know that they respect my ability that much that they want me as a player on both sides of the ball.

Irvin’s teammate, running back Jordan Cronkrite, committed to Miami in late April. Cronkrite has made sure to do his best to sell the Hurricanes to Irvin.

“Jordan is recruiting me a lot,” Irvin said. “He talks to me every day about Miami and how I should join him. I wasn’t too surprised when he committed to them, so now I just have to take my time and make the best decision for me.”

Irvin also claims offers from West Virginia, Ohio State, LSU, Alabama, Arkansas, Florida State, and South Carolina among others. He plans to take his time with a decision and not make a commitment until the Army All-American Game.

“Right now I am open to every school,” Irvin said. “When schools come by and ask me who my top five is, I just tell them that I am open. I am taking it slow.”

Irvin plans to participate in summer camps at Miami, Ohio State, Florida State, and West Virginia this summer.

“That will be good to spend time with the coaches and see how they coach and interact with the players,” Irvin said. “I can see the schools up close too. Those trips will be good for me to learn.”

Last Saturday, Westminster Christian had their way with Goleman High School in a mid-spring scrimmage. Irvin was Westminster Christian’s playmaker on offense, coming up with a few 40-yard touchdown receptions.

“I feel like we came out and play hard and we executed. We were able to make some big plays on offense. I felt good out here with being able to make some big catches on offense and help my team score. I just look to keep improving. I want to be better with my tackling and just be more aggressive.”

Advertisement
Am I the only one that has lost confidence in Irvin and Johnson being Canes?

I should clarify I guess. Right now, just in my own head, it feels like there is a huge group of these guys that have the same mentality of most of our fanbase.

Show me.

Every year there has been guys that you know hinge on us winning big games, but this year that group seems to have grown exponentially.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Miami has made it clear to Irvin he can be a key piece to their 2015 class.

“Miami just always tells me how I can be an impact in their 2015 class and how I can be a part of a special recruiting class that brings the old UM back,” Irvin said.

Irvin plays both wide receiver and defensive back for Westminster Christian. He says Miami has talked to him about playing either receiver or defensive back for them, depending on how their class shakes out.

“They like me as a defensive back and a player that can really help on special teams, but Coach Coley says he likes me in the slot too,” Irvin said. “It is nice to know that they respect my ability that much that they want me as a player on both sides of the ball.

Irvin’s teammate, running back Jordan Cronkrite, committed to Miami in late April. Cronkrite has made sure to do his best to sell the Hurricanes to Irvin.

“Jordan is recruiting me a lot,” Irvin said. “He talks to me every day about Miami and how I should join him. I wasn’t too surprised when he committed to them, so now I just have to take my time and make the best decision for me.”

Irvin also claims offers from West Virginia, Ohio State, LSU, Alabama, Arkansas, Florida State, and South Carolina among others. He plans to take his time with a decision and not make a commitment until the Army All-American Game.

“Right now I am open to every school,” Irvin said. “When schools come by and ask me who my top five is, I just tell them that I am open. I am taking it slow.”

Irvin plans to participate in summer camps at Miami, Ohio State, Florida State, and West Virginia this summer.

“That will be good to spend time with the coaches and see how they coach and interact with the players,” Irvin said. “I can see the schools up close too. Those trips will be good for me to learn.”

Last Saturday, Westminster Christian had their way with Goleman High School in a mid-spring scrimmage. Irvin was Westminster Christian’s playmaker on offense, coming up with a few 40-yard touchdown receptions.

“I feel like we came out and play hard and we executed. We were able to make some big plays on offense. I felt good out here with being able to make some big catches on offense and help my team score. I just look to keep improving. I want to be better with my tackling and just be more aggressive.”

Thanks man.

I should clarify I guess. Right now, just in my own head, it feels like there is a huge group of these guys that have the same mentality of most of our fanbase.

Show me.

Every year there has been guys that you know hinge on us winning big games, but this year that group seems to have grown exponentially.

I don't know... I get the vibe that players like JC, Irvin and JJ are like Duke... Where you and I could have been HC with a 0-12 record and we still got Duke... I think they just want their moment but I see them all signing here..

Advertisement

Show me.

I don't know... I get the vibe that players like JC, Irvin and JJ are like Duke... Where you and I could have been HC with a 0-12 record and we still got Duke... I think they just want their moment but I see them all signing here..

fair enough and I was right there with you not too long ago. I'm trying to stay positive and Cronk is a great commit to have and I don't want to lose sight of that. Was really hoping JJ would have pulled the trigger by now but I completely respect how he has handled his recruitment so I guess I am just being a mope.

Advertisement

Show me.

its just you

Show me.

Based on what I've read, they're going through the process right, evaluating their options thoroughly, and will stick to a commitment once it's made.

But I worry about UF with Johnson and Alabama with Irvin.

Miami has a history with Westminster and have gotten about anyone they wanted but David Thompson was the first football prospect since Bill Henderson in the eighties that was UM quality. Baseball is a different question with Geno Demare, Bill Henderson, A-Rod and others having strong ties to the U. Looks like they are new kids on the block as a high-school football power. We need to be all over them. We recruited their coach Tim Irvin hard out of Miami High but he went to Michigan State.

Show me.

That is every year though too. I firmly believe that Rudolph, Cook, and Lane would not have gone to FSU if they lost 2 games.
But that is how it is. It's all about, "What can you do for me now."

Advertisement
Back