Tim Irvin

He is not a great player and is very small. The team that I coach, played them.....

136.gif

Advertisement
I know a lot of others are negging you for saying this, but instead of doing that id just like to ask what exactly you dont like about him. I know hes small, but beyond that what is it that makes you say he is not a great player?

From my observations I think he is a great prospect. He has amazing instincts and great explosion and he seems to be a very good athlete. I do think he uses his instincts and athleticism a little too much though and doesnt seem to have the best technique in a lot of things he does. Since it is a highlight tape you see all the great plays, but im sure he has gotten burned a few times because of playing so aggressive. Because of his style of play i think he definitely will take some bumps coming to the college game, but based off of the instincts and athleticism, i think with a little more coaching he could be a game changer at the college level

I could care less about "TALK"....I feel that there are good player but, definitely not on the level of some of the other prospects out there for 2015. They are not on a "Scarlett" level or anything like that....

lol you tried, 581. No substance in the response, let's move on.

I could care less about your opinion of substance. I'm just adding an opinion. If anybody's is different, that's fine.....

It's not my opinion that you didn't respond with substance, that is a fact. 581 tried having a discussion about the player (TBH, I was looking forward to it because I'm not a professional talent evaluator and that's why I'm here) and you just wanted to state your opinion. Like you said, that's fine. I state my opinion at times too, but your opinion isn't going to change and it isn't going to add to the thread.

He plays with a fire and aggressive physicality that essentially no one on our D has

Substance would be: "He's not a good player because he lacks ideal size, or has poor instincts, or isn't very fast" or something along those lines. Not "he's not on the level of other prospects." Well, why isn't he on the level of other prospects?

OR the fact that the kids has offers from Miami,LSU,Bama,Florida, FSU. yeah he's not a good player! anyways didn't he go to the same school as David Thompson? UM QB/ baseball player. So I think we have a foot at the door.

Advertisement
Substance would be: "He's not a good player because he lacks ideal size, or has poor instincts, or isn't very fast" or something along those lines. Not "he's not on the level of other prospects." Well, why isn't he on the level of other prospects?

I was somewhat disappointed by Irvin's size. He was not as quick and explosive as I perceived him to be. He gets a lot of hype because of his last name but, throughout the game, I saw him take plays off when he had to block. He only ran quick posts and when he went deep, he couldn't out run our DBS. I was expecting him to be at least 6-2, but he is far from that. Cronkite is small also. The TE was impressive. Very agile for his size and the use him like a receiver. He runs the fade and quick post a lot. To me, the TE sets the tone for the game. Not Irvin.

BTW, I have coached at programs with premier players and I played the game on different levels and coached great players so, my opinion is based on what it know as a student, coach and player of the game.

He is not a great player and is very small. The team that I coach, played them.....

136.gif

A great player would be Julio Jones. I saw him play as an 11th grader at Foley high school in Mobile, Alabama. It was a jamboree with maguill toolen, Hoover and Foley. He took over and dominated. Unstoppable and not just in open field. It didn't matter if a man was on him or not.....

Advertisement

136.gif

A great player would be Julio Jones. I saw him play as an 11th grader at Foley high school in Mobile, Alabama. It was a jamboree with maguill toolen, Hoover and Foley. He took over and dominated. Unstoppable and not just in open field. It didn't matter if a man was on him or not.....

Ok, 1st where do you coach at now? 2nd you just wasted everyones time, in you sorry evaluation! 3rd if you coached at "such high places" now I know why your no longer there, due to that Crazy as Opinion! (but i really want to know where you coach now and what STUDS your coaching) :nelsonhaha:

136.gif

Ok, 1st where do you coach at now? 2nd you just wasted everyones time, in you sorry evaluation! 3rd if you coached at "such high places" now I know why your no longer there, due to that Crazy as Opinion! (but i really want to know where you coach now and what STUDS your coaching) :nelsonhaha:

At Choctawhatchee high school, I coached DJ Hall with coach Moore, at Fort Walton Beach High I coached Glen Coffee, at Killian, I coached lamar....I played corner at Fort Valley State with Tyrone Poole, Nick Harper and Peppi Zellner. Lol because I feel that the kid is not dominant and his last name is Irvin.....you mad about that and my opinion is dumb? lol!

I was somewhat disappointed by Irvin's size. He was not as quick and explosive as I perceived him to be. He gets a lot of hype because of his last name but, throughout the game, I saw him take plays off when he had to block. He only ran quick posts and when he went deep, he couldn't out run our DBS. I was expecting him to be at least 6-2, but he is far from that. Cronkite is small also. The TE was impressive. Very agile for his size and the use him like a receiver. He runs the fade and quick post a lot. To me, the TE sets the tone for the game. Not Irvin.

Not sure what game you are speaking about, but I am sure you would know not to base an entire opinion on one game. Maybe he was nicked up, maybe it just wasn't his day.

I've seen him countless times over the years, and what I can tell you is Tim is simply a special player. A guy you knew right away would one day get paid to play this game.

It's interesting because I would actually point to many of the skills you were disappointed by as many of his best. He has elite feet and elite burst, and no matter the size the kid flat out lays the wood. He is special with the ball in his hands, but his unique instincts at safety were evident even as a freshmen.

I don't think Irvin gets any "hype" because of his last name. He gets the hype because he is a pop warner legend down here. Jaquan, Tim, Ermon, Brady, etc all played together and won championships together. On those teams Tim was the man. Within that community he garners an unbelievable amount of respect.

He is not tall, but he plays much bigger than his size. I also wouldn't expect him to grow any more in height. I don't think it matters, and apparently neither do any of the schools around the country who all would love to have him.

I personally hope like **** he ends up a Cane. The best trait he's developed over the past few years is his work ethic. This is a kid who once significantly struggled in the classroom but will now end up an EE and is garnering interest from the more academically astute football programs around the country.

UM is definitely in the running, and if Golden can lock down Tim and Jaquan, watch out next year.

Advertisement

Not sure what game you are speaking about, but I am sure you would know not to base an entire opinion on one game. Maybe he was nicked up, maybe it just wasn't his day.

I've seen him countless times over the years, and what I can tell you is Tim is simply a special player. A guy you knew right away would one day get paid to play this game.

It's interesting because I would actually point to many of the skills you were disappointed by as many of his best. He has elite feet and elite burst, and no matter the size the kid flat out lays the wood. He is special with the ball in his hands, but his unique instincts at safety were evident even as a freshmen.

I don't think Irvin gets any "hype" because of his last name. He gets the hype because he is a pop warner legend down here. Jaquan, Tim, Ermon, Brady, etc all played together and won championships together. On those teams Tim was the man. Within that community he garners an unbelievable amount of respect.

He is not tall, but he plays much bigger than his size. I also wouldn't expect him to grow any more in height. I don't think it matters, and apparently neither do any of the schools around the country who all would love to have him.

I personally hope like **** he ends up a Cane. The best trait he's developed over the past few years is his work ethic. This is a kid who once significantly struggled in the classroom but will now end up an EE and is garnering interest from the more academically astute football programs around the country.

UM is definitely in the running, and if Golden can lock down Tim and Jaquan, watch out next year.

I except your opinion.

136.gif

At Choctawhatchee high school, I coached DJ Hall with coach Moore, at Fort Walton Beach High I coached Glen Coffee, at Killian, I coached lamar....I played corner at Fort Valley State with Tyrone Poole, Nick Harper and Peppi Zellner. Lol because I feel that the kid is not dominant and his last name is Irvin.....you mad about that and my opinion is dumb? lol!

Lulz @ the name dropping. Why am I not surprised you did that.

If Alabama, LSU, Miami, FSU, and UF among other schools feel he's good enough for them to offer a scholly, then more than likely Irvin is a good football player. Kid is a baller and contributes all over the field.

Thanks for porsting.

Advertisement

If Alabama, LSU, Miami, FSU, and UF among other schools feel he's good enough for them to offer a scholly, then more than likely Irvin is a good football player. Kid is a baller and contributes all over the field.

Thanks for porsting.

To be fair, he was asked to name drop.

Thanks for porsting.

LMAO

Advertisement
Back