Tim Irvin Recap

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I believe the Irvin name has had us putting on the orange and green shades for a bit now. Looks like he will genuinely come down to the wire.

I believe the Irvin name has had us putting on the orange and green shades for a bit now. Looks like he will genuinely come down to the wire.

Nope. He's just stretching it out.

Lol this porst proves exactly what U1984 was saying. Believe me this will come down to the wire between us and UF. T-Rob is selling him hard on the early playing time and they have a legit bond.

Advertisement

Nope. He's just stretching it out.

Lol this porst proves exactly what U1984 was saying. Believe me this will come down to the wire between us and UF. T-Rob is selling him hard on the early playing time and they have a legit bond.

I believe that. Still don't think he's going there. Doesn't he want to announce at his all-star game anyways?

Ironic that 2 key defensive backs in our backyard are, in my limited opinion, lukewarm towards the U. I wonder if they are waiting to see what happens with the D and/or with D'No this year. I wonder if the Cronkrite miscommunication is a factor in them waiting. I wonder if there is any issue with our staff and WC's staff, including Coach Irvin. Anyone with any real insight out there?

http://www.caneinsider.com/2014/08/13/irvin-canes-14804/

Westminster Christian 2015 SS Tim Irvin hasn’t narrowed his list of favorites publicly, but if you’ve been following his recruitment closely, it’s shaping up to be a Miami/Florida battle.
“I’m open right now. I thank God for this humbling opportunity and position I’m in.”
He visited the University of Florida recently and he recapped his time in Gainesville.
“I really liked my Florida trip. It felt like home. I bonded with the coaches and I toured the school. Florida has great facilities.”
Irvin pointed out that Gainesville has a different “feel” to it than Miami.
“The environment is a lot different than Miami. It’s nice. I think I can fit in most anywhere, but definitely I could see myself at UF.”
Irvin recently visited his famous Cane uncle, Michael Irvin. The Westminster Christian standout shared that he discussed his future and settled on a position to play moving forward.
“After talking we decided that defense is my best position, so I’m going to concentrate on strong safety and nickel corner. We felt like I was a better tackler than runner,” Irvin told CaneInsider. “I feel more comfortable on defense and I can use my aggressiveness on defense more.
“Miami was already recruiting me for defense and after I informed UF, the staff told me just to compete, work hard, and that everything else will fall into place.”
The Hurricanes have been actively recruiting Irvin for months, and he stated that he’s built a close relationship with the Miami staff.
“I have a great, close bond with head coach Al Golden and DB coach Paul Williams. They’re both great coaches. I feel that UM is starting to bring back that old swagger. I’m from here and Miami is the hometown school, so that’s a big plus.”
Very soon, Irvin plans to hammer out a list of schools that he’ll officially visit.
“I’ll sit down this week and figure all that out, which programs I’ll visit.”
Irvin knows when he’ll make his decision public.
“I’ll make my decis

Advertisement
Back