Tim Irvin 247 update

Advertisement
Advertisement

Last year was a fluke; Florida has two consecutive top 10 recruiting classes, they will go 8-4 or 7-5 SEC East is weak this year.

Eh, don't think so.

Meyer is gone. Timmy Teabag is gone and never coming back.
For a short period of time UF was relevant. It's not like they have a long history of success.
They never won an SEC championship until Spurrier got there.

They bring in this kid Driskell and try to make him Teabag, but instead get a poor version of Terry Dean.

Even the most die hard gator fan has to admit that Muschamp is not a good fit, except maybe for a Marine Corp boot camp.

I already know the gator response, "Well, Miami hasn't even won the ACC yet."

True, but 5 National championships is a viable counter to any criticism.

"What have you done for me lately?"

Well, we haven't done much, I'll admit.

But I'd bet 100 dollars against any gator fan, and give you 10-1 odds that Miami wins the ACC before UF wins the SEC.

Saying Miami will win the ACC before Florida wins the SEC is a ridiculous arguement because the ACC only has 2 great football teams(Clemson and FSU BOTH IN the same division) and the SEC has 4 great teams & the rest are really good. "I'll bet 100 dollars" thing is useless.

If Miami was in the SEC last year what do you think their record would be?

And for the record, once Jameis leaves for the NFL, Miami will have their talented players back and then it's gonna level the playing field. FSU won't be dominant for much longer.

We shouldn't have to negative recruit against UF. The whole world saw them lose to Georgia Southern last year. They can blame it on injuries, sun in their eyes, players holding each other, whatever it may be. But the fact of the matter is, they still lost to Georgia Southern last year. Georgia Southern.

Advertisement
Have Irvin Jr. and Tim mentioned anything about wanting to play together? I haven't heard that angle being played up at all.

Miami needs to win one before we open our mouths especially with Alfred coaching not to lose.

wake me up when they sign w UF...

For those asking for Travaris Robinson as a possible future defensive coordinator, mark him off your list. Miami will never reach out to him and even if they did, he will not take it into consideration.

If Miami was in the SEC last year what do you think their record would be?

No tellin dude. Once you're in the SEC, the recruiting game and flexibility that becomes apparent would have us in an entirely different position. Nevin Shapiro never happens.

Advertisement
For those asking for Travaris Robinson as a possible future defensive coordinator, mark him off your list. Miami will never reach out to him and even if they did, he will not take it into consideration.

Can you throw a reason my way. Not that i donr believe you, just wanna know

We shouldn't have to negative recruit against UF. The whole world saw them lose to Georgia Southern last year. They can blame it on injuries, sun in their eyes, players holding each other, whatever it may be. But the fact of the matter is, they still lost to Georgia Southern last year. Georgia Southern.

I don't think we negative recruit against anybody.

I run a recruiting firm, specializing in recruiting for tech companies in the Silicon Valley.
In my field of recruiting, you never negative recruit. If you are poaching a candidate from a company, or trying to steer a candidate towards your opportunity and away from another, you always sell what you have to offer.
The moment you start bad mouthing another company is the moment you lose.
People just react negatively towards it. Even if they agree with you, the fact that you are bad mouthing someone else, subliminally or overtly makes the candidate mistrust you.

Now, I'm sure in football recruiting negative recruiting works in some cases.
Let's face it, you are not trying to take some MIT computer wizard away from Google, but any recruit with half a brain will recognize the desperation that negative recruiting represents, and be put off by it.

Advertisement

I run a recruiting firm, specializing in recruiting for tech companies in the Silicon Valley.
In my field of recruiting, you never negative recruit. If you are poaching a candidate from a company, or trying to steer a candidate towards your opportunity and away from another, you always sell what you have to offer.
The moment you start bad mouthing another company is the moment you lose.
People just react negatively towards it. Even if they agree with you, the fact that you are bad mouthing someone else, subliminally or overtly makes the candidate mistrust you.

Now, I'm sure in football recruiting negative recruiting works in some cases.
Let's face it, you are not trying to take some MIT computer wizard away from Google, but any recruit with half a brain will recognize the desperation that negative recruiting represents, and be put off by it.
I think there is a world of difference in recruiting white collar professionals and high school athletes. Like it or not, negative recruiting can have a positive effect on teenagers.

He'd take the DC gig here in less than a second if we offered it. Position coaches don't turn down DC gigs at a major D1 programs.

We have been saying fsu wont be dominate much longer over us since ponder left guess what ****** ej manuel beat us too and its not like they arent still recruiting the best...Our talent level is rising but overall depth and talent they are still piling on.

Lol we don't negative recruit against anyone.
because Miami is sooooo different. Lol
And these are 16-18 yr old kids, negative recruiting tactives works.

Advertisement
Back