Tim Burns

Advertisement
You realize bad relations & burned bridges with South Florida schools is what kept Golden in recruiting purgatory for years?? To the point where he went upstate for our recruits and we had Richt do 4 years of reversing any mess and amount of damage down here, and we still haven’t patched up fully in local recruiting scene. Now is not the time to burn bridges with a feeder powerhouse school like MNW.

Sure had nothing to do with Golden's on the field performance in the win / loss category, right?

Your post, for lack of a better word is absurd. People love to say stuff like that (incorrectly) and forget that coaches and players ain't no dummies.

They all play football or played football, the local coaches and players. They saw our product on the field and are just like NO, **** NO in fact. They know a sucker when they see one and our sorry *** coach in Golden (along with his staff) were suckers. His used car salesman rap, talking a good game doesn't hold up when he's ****ting the bed out there and trying to sell local staffs and their recruits. These people know the game, see real players and hustlers every day, and they saw right through that phony ****.

****, we got a lot of armchair QB's here and even their unathletic never playing a meaningful down of football asses saw right through it to.

That was what killed Golden in the trail locally. He probably didn't even try to sell it anymore because he knew it wouldn't work. They weren't buying anything he was selling. They knew he was out of his depth as a college football head coach.

Then you've got the attitude of all the locals. They'll sell out their boys, coaches, or whatever to play for a winner. We weren't winning. Our recruiting for top talent was dead before it ever began.

Sure had nothing to do with Golden's on the field performance in the win / loss category, right?

Your post, for lack of a better word is absurd. People love to say stuff like that (incorrectly) and forget that coaches and players ain't no dummies.

They all play football or played football, the local coaches and players. They saw our product on the field and are just like NO, **** NO in fact. They know a sucker when we see one and our sorry *** coach in Golden (along with his staff) were suckers. His used car salesman rap, talking a good game doesn't hold up when he's ****ting the bed out there and trying to sell local staffs and their recruits. These people see the Gamez real players and hustlers every day, they saw right through that phony ****.

****, we got a lot of armchair QB's here and even their unathletic never playing a meaningful down of football asses saw right through it to.

That was what killed Golden in the trail locally. He probably didn't even try to sell it anymore because he knew it wouldn't work.

Then you've got the attitude of all the locals. They'll sell out their boys, coaches, or whatever to play for a winner. We weren't winning. Our recruiting for top talent was dead before it ever began.
I think you're giving a little too much credit to these athletic individuals who've seen the Gamez real players and hustlers.

Unless they willfully get hoodwinked by Head Coaches each and every year of course.

Advertisement
There has to be more to this story. Not to defend this staff because they have lots of shortcomings, I don’t think they drop a kid for no reason, especially their slimmest position.

Eh, not with D’Onofrio calling his defense. Stephen Morris was plenty good enough, especially with that OL. You’re also forgetting that what we have with CB recruiting now, we had with the defensive line back then.
Agreed. But if you recall Morris’s tore up his ankle and forgot how to scramble. King would have won shootouts just like he did last Friday... also we were LOADED on offense

You realize bad relations & burned bridges with South Florida schools is what kept Golden in recruiting purgatory for years?? To the point where he went upstate for our recruits and we had Richt do 4 years of reversing any mess and amount of damage down here, and we still haven’t patched up fully in local recruiting scene. Now is not the time to burn bridges with a feeder powerhouse school like MNW.
We got great talent from New Jersey and Alabama and still were pulling kids from south Florida and north Florida

Advertisement
His mom apparently eluded to something in a facebook group though.
I think she said that she hopes Burns gets to play against Miami and make them pay. Something along those lines, I could be wrong.

So even though Burns said he wasn't dropped, mama dukes seems to think he was done wrong by the staff.

And x100 on your final statement. These dudes act like heartbroken little b!tches over these kids.

Coach, I know there is a lot of back-and-forth about what Miami might have done, is there any possibility of--

a) Miami had issues with academics and recommended a prep school/JuCo route?
b) Miami told the kid that they wanted him to change positions?

I've been trying to figure out the ways in which Miami coaches could have "done him wrong" while not pulling the scholarship offer.

Maybe we are all putting too much thought into this...

The only issue I have with Manny pulling his scholly is the kid been committed for over a year. The staff knew his skill set and he’s a SF dawg playing against top competition. If the staff isn’t getting a top 4/5 star kid to replace Burns then I don’t see how this makes sense.

Certain mopes will ALWAYS blame Rumph.

If Rumph personally recruited and signed 2 5-star cornerbacks tomorrow, certain people would complain about "why didn't he do this in prior years".
Rumph is frustrating but it’s Manny who has the final say so on who he can recruit and who he can’t.

Advertisement
Rumph is frustrating but it’s Manny who has the final say so on who he can recruit and who he can’t.

I agree. I just think it's comical (and pathetic) for people to slag Rumph 24-7.

Again, even if Rumph wasn't 100% sold on Burns, there is no way in **** that Manny didn't also sign off on this move.

Our staff recruiting bigger fish...
fish bass GIF
Stolt, Coach

Advertisement
Why yall blaming Rumph?

Rumph doesn't decide who we drop.

I think he is to blame because he doesnt even have a board or a contigent plan regardless of Tim Burns getting dropped. He didnt DROP Tim Burns but he also doesnt have his replacement or even the cache to bang the table for ANY guy he likes and he has been a coach here for 5 years.

Essentially other than to appease some alumni...what is his positioning here?.

Certain mopes will ALWAYS blame Rumph.

If Rumph personally recruited and signed 2 5-star cornerbacks tomorrow, certain people would complain about "why didn't he do this in prior years".

Bottom line is he failed miserably at his job! From high ranked to low ranked CB prospects ran fast and far away from him.

Advertisement
Back