Tim Burns

Well don't rumph have a Twitter account or something.. go on their and ask him these questions or ask him to resign already šŸ˜…šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Advertisement
Baker calls the defence. Diaz clearly wants to be a CEO HC, but he's hired a **** and has to step in to man the pumps on occasion.

its so funny that people cant decide what they want on here. manny actually gives his coordinators autonomy for the most part (moreso than our past coaches) yet they call for him to take the D over. when he does step in, they criticize him for it.

Some of our best cover guys the last 5 years have been undersized....we literally need bodies right now. Iā€™ve seen this crootin story before. Drop this kid, go after ā€œbiggerā€ fish, strike out. Then we circle back around and kid says no thanks and goes elsewhere (70% of the time they become solid contributors). Meanwhile we have no corners...

Advertisement
I think he is to blame because he doesnt even have a board or a contigent plan regardless of Tim Burns getting dropped. He didnt DROP Tim Burns but he also doesnt have his replacement or even the cache to bang the table for ANY guy he likes and he has been a coach here for 5 years.

Essentially other than to appease some alumni...what is his positioning here?.
Well maybe you know more about his board than I do. I can't really speak on that. (or ague with it)

But I really like Rumph as a person, so I want to refrain from answering your question. lol

I've hated the way we recruited at CB for yearrrrs.
I've seen us pass on way too many "sticky" undersized guys. I've said forever, we should ALWAYS take the best cover guy from South Florida regardless of size. If you wanna cherry pick CB's to fill other spots, that's fine, but ONE spot should always be reserved for the peskiest CB in South Florida. If a kid can cover the elite WR's down here on a weekly basis, for 3/4 years, then he can fvckin' play in the ACC. I don't care how "small" he is.

We don't need NFL ready CB's. We don't play in the SEC. The only imposing WR's we see are at Clemson and occasionally FSU.

We looking for Tarvarus McFaddens while ignoring the Jaden Davises of the world.

EVERY COACH wants 6'1" 195lb CB's who can run, jump and have quick feet. But guess what? THOSE GUYS ARE RARE AND THEY'RE USUALLY 4/5 STAR PLAYERS!!! If you find a CB that's 6'1" and still ranked low, that should be somewhat of a red flag. He's probably fvckin' slow footed. (or severely under the radar) (but most likely slow)
So I don't know WTF Miami is reaching for.

We're not in the position to snag highly-ranked, physically-ideal CB's. So we have 2 options.
1) recruit kids with the size we want - but they'll likely be slow or lack quick feet (basically Blades and Ivey)
2) be more lenient on size and get the OTHER attributes CB's need like quickness (i.e. a 5'10" kid with great feet and natural coverage ability)

Then once you start winning big you can be more picky.

I've seen us pass on way too many "sticky" undersized guys. I've said forever, we should ALWAYS take the best cover guy from South Florida regardless of size. If you wanna cherry pick CB's to fill other spots, that's fine, but ONE spot should always be reserved for the peskiest CB in South Florida. If a kid can cover the elite WR's down here on a weekly basis, for 3/4 years, then he can fvckin' play in the ACC. I don't care how "small" he is.

We don't need NFL ready CB's. We don't play in the SEC. The only imposing WR's we see are at Clemson and occasionally FSU.

We looking for Tarvarus McFaddens while ignoring the Jaden Davises of the world.

EVERY COACH wants 6'1" 195lb CB's who can run, jump and have quick feet. But guess what? THOSE GUYS ARE RARE AND THEY'RE USUALLY 4/5 STAR PLAYERS!!! If you find a CB that's 6'1" and still ranked low, that should be somewhat of a red flag. He's probably fvckin' slow footed. (or severely under the radar) (but most likely slow)

We're not in the position to snag highly-ranked, physically-ideal CB's. So we have 2 options.
1) recruit kids with the size we want - but they'll likely be slow or lack quick feet (basically Blades and Ivey)
2) be more lenient on size and get the OTHER attributes CB's need like quickness (i.e. a 5'10" kid with great feet and natural coverage ability)

Absolute TRUTH.

I swear, the insight from people like Macho, Lance and LCE far exceed what I think some of our coaches are capable of.

That's not even hyperbolic.

Yup couldnā€™t state it any other way. Stop going after size and go after ability. Take the guys that can stay on a Wode outs hip rather than a dude who looks good getting iff the bus

Advertisement

This is why Manny takes the blame. They are winning in other areas in recruiting but losing in other areas year after year. Two of those areas are LB and CB so that falls on Manny

I wanted us to go after Taiwan Mullen. He was open to the idea of staying home too. Underrated. Went to IU played well as a freshman. But we passed and I get to watch him get occasional weekly awards up there. He'll get drafted and he could have contributed as a nickel corner as a freshman down here.

Personally I think the game will pivot back to CBs who are 5'9" / 5'10" and can flip their hips and run with WRs.

Partly because you just need so many CBs on a roster these days and those 6'1"+ guys that can cover are a rare breed. QBs just throw to the wide open guy in the Spread offence - it's what the system has allowed them to do.

With a roster of smaller man coverage guys you're obviously at a disadvantage when it comes to jump ball scenarios, but they're always around the ball. That leads to turnovers and hesitation (which hopefully results in sacks) - when the QB holds onto the ball because his WR on the drag isn't wide open like usual.

It's how I'd build by CB room if I was the DC at Miami - 5+ smaller guys who are great in man coverage and willing tacklers and HOPE that a 6'+ freak athlete wants to play for you to cancel out their monster WR.

Personally I think the game will pivot back to CBs who are 5'9" / 5'10" and can flip their hips and run with WRs.

Partly because you just need so many CBs on a roster these days and those 6'1"+ guys that can cover are a rare breed. QBs just throw to the wide open guy in the Spread offence - it's what the system has allowed them to do.

With a roster of smaller man coverage guys you're obviously at a disadvantage when it comes to jump ball scenarios, but they're always around the ball. That leads to turnovers and hesitation (which hopefully results in sacks) - when the QB holds onto the ball because his WR on the drag isn't wide open like usual.

It's how I'd build by CB room if I was the DC at Miami - 5+ smaller guys who are great in man coverage and willing tacklers and HOPE that a 6'+ freak athlete wants to play for you to cancel out their monster WR.

Word and those 5+ smaller South Fl guys would usually be dogs with speed and I'd rather those types vs your DJ Ivey's

Advertisement
Well maybe you know more about his board than I do. I can't really speak on that. (or ague with it)

But I really like Rumph as a person, so I want to refrain from answering your question. lol
He's the super nice guy that buys the hot girl in the club drinks all night only to watch her leave with an ******* that closes at the end of the night.

Advertisement
I think he is to blame because he doesnt even have a board or a contigent plan regardless of Tim Burns getting dropped. He didnt DROP Tim Burns but he also doesnt have his replacement or even the cache to bang the table for ANY guy he likes and he has been a coach here for 5 years.

Essentially other than to appease some alumni...what is his positioning here?.

Show us on the doll where Rumph touched you

FYI - Patke, Rumph and Banda can jump off a cliff

Baker calls the defence. Diaz clearly wants to be a CEO HC, but he's hired a **** and has to step in to man the pumps on occasion.
While I agree with you, what brought this up is dropping Burns at this late date, at a feeder school no less. It put a spotlight on who's controlling the defensive board and calling the shot who we green light versus who we let go. Manny's got his finger print all over the defensive side.

Just the news that Rumph was told not to pursue Kelee despite twice coming to UM on his own dime and chase other's who showed no interest and were already bought and paid for should tell us that.

While I agree with you, what brought this up is dropping Burns at this late date, at a feeder school no less. It put a spotlight on who's controlling the defensive board and calling the shot who we green light versus who we let go. Manny's got his finger print all over the defensive side.

Just the news that Rumph was told not to pursue Kelee despite twice coming to UM on his own dime and chase other's who showed no interest and were already bought and paid for should tell us that.
So we would go hard for Flowe but not Kelee after he was showing us love and reaching out to us?

Naw i dont know anything about their board. But its pretty clear as you see its now expanding.

Rumph is cool peoples though foreal.

Advertisement
Back