Tim Burns

While I agree with you, what brought this up is dropping Burns at this late date, at a feeder school no less. It put a spotlight on who's controlling the defensive board and calling the shot who we green light versus who we let go. Manny's got his finger print all over the defensive side.

Just the news that Rumph was told not to pursue Kelee despite twice coming to UM on his own dime and chase other's who showed no interest and were already bought and paid for should tell us that.
Maybe just maybe Kelee is the magical transfer we will be getting over the off season? :love:

Advertisement
FYI- This is a thread about cb Tim Burns what does Patke and Banda have to do with this?

Rumph could never touch me......hes always in press bail or giving up to much cushion
Once again Rumph deserve the Heat he's is getting, however I've never seen you go HAM on Banda when he was literally gettin' his **** pushed in backwards on the recruiting trail when he 1st got here. Patke and Blake haven't signed 1 FUQIN soul since they've been.

The level of criticism against Rumph is unbalanced.

BTW Nesta is a Rumph recruit

Once again Rumph deserve the Heat he's is getting, however I've never seen you go HAM on Banda when he was literally gettin' his **** pushed in backwards on the recruiting trail when he 1st got here. Patke and Blake haven't signed 1 FUQIN soul since they've been.

The level of criticism against Rumph is unbalanced.

BTW Nesta is a Rumph recruit

Because Banda has never had to live off of the portal. Banda still has an actual room where a kid can get kicked out every game for targeting and its not an effect on us. Banda still landed guys and has guys in The league starting.

I went hard on Banda as well..i always said we have 2 db coaches that dont equal to 1. The reason i dont have to go as Ham on him is................He doesnt have fans Caping for him or making up excuses. Like you said he got his sh*t pushed backwards there would be NO ONE there making up an excuse..Rumph has missed from day 1 and i have ran through a bevy of excuses at this point we may have to have Rudy Guilani come tie this sh*t up in litigation as to why Rumph would miss on his own son.

*Banda aint gonna get the full wrath though as he continues to land high quality guys and still are putting them in the league to the point its now helped him in recruiting.He has something to show. Based off this years results we might wait for awhile for something to show in recruiting at cb...like look who i developed, you could be next.

*As far as Nesta goes i brought him up on this board first as a recruit when he was a snotty nose 10th grader playing offensive guard. Know all about his recruitment

Because Banda has never had to live off of the portal. Banda still has an actual room where a kid can get kicked out every game for targeting and its not an effect on us. Banda still landed guys and has guys in The league starting.

I went hard on Banda as well..i always said we have 2 db coaches that dont equal to 1. The reason i dont have to go as Ham on him is................He doesnt have fans Caping for him or making up excuses. Like you said he got his sh*t pushed backwards there would be NO ONE there making up an excuse..Rumph has missed from day 1 and i have ran through a bevy of excuses at this point we may have to have Rudy Guilani come tie this sh*t up in litigation as to why Rumph would miss on his own son.

*Banda aint gonna get the full wrath though as he continues to land high quality guys and still are putting them in the league to the point its now helped him in recruiting.He has something to show. Based off this years results we might wait for awhile for something to show in recruiting at cb...like look who i developed, you could be next.

*As far as Nesta goes i brought him up on this board first as a recruit when he was a snotty nose 10th grader playing offensive guard. Know all about his recruitment
Sigh most of those DB's Banda put into the league as 4th rds were Golden's players.

Golden recruit Jaquan Johnson as a jr was he was projected a low 1st rounder to a low 2nd rounder then the Bartender corched' him em up to the 5th rd

If your gonna give Rumph slack for missing out on the AH DBs then give the praise for Nesta

Advertisement
Sigh most of those DB's Banda put into the league as 4th rds were Golden's players.

Golden recruit Jaquan Johnson as a jr was he was projected a low 1st rounder to a low 2nd rounder then the Bartender corched' him em up to the 5th rd

If your gonna give Rumph slack for missing out on the AH DBs then give the praise for Nesta

Jaquan Johnson running a slower 40 time than me is what caused his draft grade. If your not big you better be able to run.

If you want to give credit for Nesta Silvera then have it....how is Nesta performing in his back pedal currently?. How many ints does he have?.
No matter how yall shift, excuse, deflect the fact still remains man.lol Because we have reach the point where it cant even be hidden.

Jaquan Johnson running a slower 40 time than me is what caused his draft grade. If your not big you better be able to run.

If you want to give credit for Nesta Silvera then have it....how is Nesta performing in his back pedal currently?. How many ints does he have?.
No matter how yall shift, excuse, deflect the fact still remains man.lol Because we have reach the point where it cant even be hidden.

I'm gonna start off by saying Rumph needs to be let go.

You can apply the Int' questions to the safeties and get the same results. Your quick to say who Banda put safeties in the league while leaving out they ended being low draft picks.

And as far as deflecting YOU literally made an excuse for Patke not recruiting anybody at Miami by saying "At least Patke unearthed a few players"

By your own admission we only have 2 recruiters on defense but Rumph gets all the blame

Jaquan Johnson was never going that high with his measurables. Look at any of the past NFL drafts and you won't see a single guy with those testing numbers going that high.

I'm gonna start off by saying Rumph needs to be let go.

You can apply the Int' questions to the safeties and get the same results. Your quick to say who Banda put safeties in the league while leaving out they ended being low draft picks.

And as far as deflecting YOU literally made an excuse for Patke not recruiting anybody at Miami by saying "At least Patke unearthed a few players"

By your own admission we only have 2 recruiters on defense but Rumph gets all the blame

Who told you Patke hasnt recruited anybody?. Ive literally told you whom...you chose to ignore it because it doesnt fit with your excuses. Last class and this class alone hes recruited better than Rumph...and to be quite honest his striker players are better coached up than Rumphs guys. lol

Mfer Gilbert Frierson is the guy they would look to to set up the defense. Dont wanna cap for Patke cause im indifferent on him...but you pulling sh*t frome verywhere at this point. The 2 Borregales kickers alone would have me buying Patke a beer. lol

Rumph has won 1 true war recruiting battle and lost 500. And that guy has already left us and is buying voo doo chips somewhere in backwater ALABAMA currently.

Advertisement
FYI- This is a thread about cb Tim Burns what does Patke and Banda have to do with this?

Rumph could never touch me......hes always in press bail or giving up to much cushion
spinning GIF

I think he is to blame because he doesnt even have a board or a contigent plan regardless of Tim Burns getting dropped. He didnt DROP Tim Burns but he also doesnt have his replacement or even the cache to bang the table for ANY guy he likes and he has been a coach here for 5 years.

Essentially other than to appease some alumni...what is his positioning here?.

100%. The bolded part is the the key that a lot of people don't realize.

Most college position coaches (offense or defense) don't have "final say" over who they recruit. Like Rumph, they recruit an area and/or position based on the team's board as decided by the HC and coordinators. The difference is most position coaches get in their HC's and coordinator's ear about certain recruits that they really like. They bang the table for the guys they have conviction about. A big part of the position coach's job is convincing the HC/coordinator to move "their guys" closer to the top of the board. The fact Rumph can't convince Manny/Baker to let him recruit who he wants is almost as terrible as the fact he struggles to convince the kids he is put on to sign here.

Advertisement
100%. The bolded part is the the key that a lot of people don't realize.

Most college position coaches (offense or defense) don't have "final say" over who they recruit. Like Rumph, they recruit an area and/or position based on the team's board as decided by the HC and coordinators. The difference is most position coaches get in their HC's and coordinator's ear about certain recruits that they really like. They bang the table for the guys they have conviction about. A big part of the position coach's job is convincing the HC/coordinator to move "their guys" closer to the top of the board. The fact Rumph can't convince Manny/Baker to let him recruit who he wants is almost as terrible as the fact he struggles to convince the kids he is put on to sign here.
MAN THANK YOU....

SOMEONE SEES IT THE WAY I SEE IT NOT JUST TO SH*T ON RUMPH.

A deep example of this is...Antonio Crazy *** Brown. A s.fla area recruiter and coach got him up to Central Michigan because he believed in his talent...finaggled a wayto get him up there as a walk on for a semester for free and banged the table for him as aplayer that got him on scholarship. That was after him washing out at fiu, and whatever random pre/juco he went to.

If you cant even sell your co workers on what you identify and like how can you even sell the school to kids with other options?.

We laugh at No D Frio on that video clip speaking on recruiting...he said some dumb *** sh*t but dude was banging the table for whatever garbage *** safety from Delaware he wanted. lol Shots out to Hurlie Brown for shutting that sh*t down as well.

Sure had nothing to do with Golden's on the field performance in the win / loss category, right?

Your post, for lack of a better word is absurd. People love to say stuff like that (incorrectly) and forget that coaches and players ain't no dummies.

They all play football or played football, the local coaches and players. They saw our product on the field and are just like NO, **** NO in fact. They know a sucker when they see one and our sorry *** coach in Golden (along with his staff) were suckers. His used car salesman rap, talking a good game doesn't hold up when he's ****ting the bed out there and trying to sell local staffs and their recruits. These people know the game, see real players and hustlers every day, and they saw right through that phony ****.

****, we got a lot of armchair QB's here and even their unathletic never playing a meaningful down of football asses saw right through it to.

That was what killed Golden in the trail locally. He probably didn't even try to sell it anymore because he knew it wouldn't work. They weren't buying anything he was selling. They knew he was out of his depth as a college football head coach.

Then you've got the attitude of all the locals. They'll sell out their boys, coaches, or whatever to play for a winner. We weren't winning. Our recruiting for top talent was dead before it ever began.
That’s true; but I could’ve sworn SFL coaches complained about Golden & staff not showing the love, no? Wasn’t Rumph one of those coaches who openly bashed Golden’s staff?

Advertisement
It is sad that certain posters feel COMPELLED to turn nearly every defense/recruiting/CBs thread into the Rumph Vortex.

Advertisement
Back