Tight end

Bpayne32

Freshman
I expect us to make tight end a huge priority in the portal we need a dude at the position badly. Makes sense why we went so hard after the Memphis guy. Arroyo doesn’t look himself skinner is on the way out cam is a jag and Riley isn’t ready yet

Advertisement
I expect us to make tight end a huge priority in the portal we need a dude at the position badly. Makes sense why we went so hard after the Memphis guy. Arroyo doesn’t look himself skinner is on the way out cam is a jag and Riley isn’t ready yet

Why? This offense doesn't prioritize the position.

Tight end is the least of the worries in the portal.

Cam isn't a jag, he's doing what we brought him here to do, block and he does a good job doing it. He's one of the best blocking TE's in the country.

Advertisement
So you mean to tell me no TE on the roster can go out there and run a route and catch?

#84 dam sure isn’t that good at it, and he’s been in college 10 years.

But you know what he is really good at? Blocking.

It doesn’t matter who you bring in at TE, if you can’t block, you aren’t playing in this offense.

He’s a 6 offensive lineman that opposing teams don’t even cover when he runs routes because he’s no threat after the catch
Dint disagree but then why dont we hit him all game long on these open 7–10yd routes?!?!?! Drives me crazy.

Advertisement
1. Our QB doesn't like to check down.

2. We haven't had a guy who can both block (priority) at a high level & be a consistent threat in the passing game; Arroyo hasn't been healthy, Williams is young, and Skinner looks like a redshirt.

We have yet to see what a TE's full role is within the offense based on the above.

12 personnel and tighter formations is getting more and more common. It’s slowly transforming into last year. 84 being on the field in the slot so many plays is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever seen. Dudes a blocker that teams hardly respect. Either take him off the field and put a wr there or put Skinner or Williams there. It’s useless and stupid as ****. In-line I get.

Advertisement
12 personnel and tighter formations is getting more and more common. It’s slowly transforming into last year. 84 being on the field in the slot so many plays is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever seen. Dudes a blocker that teams hardly respect. Either take him off the field and put a wr there or put Skinner or Williams there. It’s useless and stupid as ****. In-line I get.
Williams should be our starting TE.

We don't use the tight end in the passing game. Why spend meaningful resources on a position we don't extract the highest of values from?

It's similar to the Dolphins. They don't use tight ends for anything other than blockers and a surprise pass. So they spend their money elsewhere. As long as this is our system, we should do the same.

Advertisement
What about skinner ??

Truth be told if it’s not “X” nobody gets a lot of looks in this offense….guys running open every play and other than an odd pass to Young or George every now and then our all world QB spends the game trying to throw the ball to him whether he’s covered by 1,2 or 3 DBs no matter what.

We have TEs

We have one of the best TE rooms in America. We do not utilize our TEs, which makes absolutely no sense

Arroyo, when healthy, can be a problem. Riley Williams, when targeted, can be a problem. Jaleel Skinner was recruited by everyone in America. He is, supposedly, in CMCs doghouse.

All 3 (Arroyo, Skinner, and Williams) sit behind Cam McCormick, a ninth year blocking TE.

I absolutely love what Cam brings. To me, he's the prefect TE2 in 12 personel. He shouldn't be lining up in the slot or targeted over any other TE, on our roster, in the passing game.

And, mind you, we don't actually use our TEs in the passing game.

I honestly, like a child, want to believe that CMC is what is holding our TEs back but, with each game that passes, I have a hard time believing this. I mean, he have a QB who definitely could use a reliable TE. And still, we see Cam trotting out there.

The same formations the struggling QB struggled with last year......

Advertisement
Back