Tight end

Advertisement
I'll honestly be shocked if we don't bring some in as the ones we do have should bolt at the first opportunity they get. It's a dead end position here right now and if you're a good one, it's a career killer.

Yup. The TE position went from a selling point to a moot point real quick.

Advertisement
I expect us to make tight end a huge priority in the portal we need a dude at the position badly. Makes sense why we went so hard after the Memphis guy. Arroyo doesn’t look himself skinner is on the way out cam is a jag and Riley isn’t ready yet
When given a chance, Riley has played well. I keep hearing how Riley isn't ready yet becuase he is a TF, but Mauigoa and Bain are TF and excelling. Dawson just doesn't use the TE.

It’s like Mario has no clue you can run out of 11 personnel and use space as a blocker. He must over power you and show you we’re more physical. Not everything has to be putting your face in the fan.

So Mario is calling plays? It’s Dawson calling plays. I have a hard time believing Mario is telling him what to do.

Arroyo has been hurt, skinner just isn’t playing for whatever reason so that leaves Cam and Riley. What more should Dawson/Mario do about getting the Te involved or are you saying just take them off the field completely?

So Mario is calling plays? It’s Dawson calling plays. I have a hard time believing Mario is telling him what to do.

Arroyo has been hurt, skinner just isn’t playing for whatever reason so that leaves Cam and Riley. What more should Dawson/Mario do about getting the Te involved or are you saying just take them off the field completely?
You have a hard time believing a head coach is telling his play caller what he wants the identity of his team to be ? Seriously? There’s literally an interview where a person mentioned Dawson having to sell Mario that his offense runs the ball , it’s not a typical air raid. I can’t remember the interviewer but they mentioned Dawson telling them this.

Just go watch Dawsons offenses at Houston, there’s not this much 12 personnel. Mario wants an identity That’s no secret.

You have a hard time believing a head coach is telling his play caller what he wants the identity of his team to be ? Is that a serious question? There’s literally an interview where a person mentioned Dawson having to sell Mario that his offense runs the ball , it’s not a typical air raid. I can’t remember the interviewer but they mentioned Dawson telling them this.

Just go watch Dawsons offenses at Houston, there’s not this much 12 personnel. Mario wants an identity That’s no secret.
I agree Mario wants to run but to the point of interfering with Dawson and aging keep running Cam out there? I think the TE room just isnt healthy/ready.

It’s clear Dawson doesn’t throw much to the Te but is that because arroyo has been out all year, skinner doesn’t even play so that leaves Cam and Riley or is it because TVD doesn’t look for the TE….or a combo of both scheme and lack of ready talent behind Cam at TE. I think it’s both.

Advertisement
You have a hard time believing a head coach is telling his play caller what he wants the identity of his team to be ? Seriously? There’s literally an interview where a person mentioned Dawson having to sell Mario that his offense runs the ball , it’s not a typical air raid. I can’t remember the interviewer but they mentioned Dawson telling them this.

Tightends would have a lot more catches if TVD just took the easy check down

Cam the best blocker ever. He can even hold on game winning TD’s and not get caught

IMG_5502.jpeg

Advertisement
Tightends would have a lot more catches if TVD just took the easy check down
Or maybe send them down the seams or posts when one is in the game that’s an actual te. X is the only pressure being put on the middle of the field. Which is criminal in todays football. You can’t check down all game to the Ol playing te. That’s the point. Our te’s are doing the same predictable garbage. Gattis had the te’s more involved lol and last I checked TVD was the qb. Go look at Mallory’s stats the previous two years. Explain that one for me please ?

Or maybe send them down the seams or posts when one is in the game that’s an actual te. X is the only pressure being put on the middle of the field. Which is criminal in todays football. You can’t check down all game to the Ol playing te. That’s the point. Our te’s are doing the same predictable garbage. Gattis had the te’s more involved lol and last I checked TVD was the qb. Go look at Mallory’s stats the previous two years. Explain that one for me please ?
I’d like to see Riley on a few routes they seem to be holding him back though

Advertisement
TEs are going the way of the dinosaurs in this offense. Tight End U no longer uses TEs, ******* ridiculous.

There is a difference between having the OC run an offense that the HC believes in and what 90% of the complainers on here believe .... that Mario is on the headset overruling Dawson and forcing run plays.

We have an excellent TE room that has been incredibly poorly utilized. Arroyo, Skinner, Williams are all great receiving TE and Cam is a great blocker. TE should be our strength and QB friendly to boot. We must incorporate TE NOW if we stand a chance bc FSU

Advertisement
Back