Tight end

There is a difference between having the OC run an offense that the HC believes in and what 90% of the complainers on here believe .... that Mario is on the headset overruling Dawson and forcing run plays.
No, Dawson knows what Mario wants to be as an offense. There’s no need to tell him anything. Mario is far from a schematic guy but he wants an identity. Most ( not all) former OL think the same.

Advertisement
I agree Mario wants to run but to the point of interfering with Dawson and aging keep running Cam out there? I think the TE room just isnt healthy/ready.

It’s clear Dawson doesn’t throw much to the Te but is that because arroyo has been out all year, skinner doesn’t even play so that leaves Cam and Riley or is it because TVD doesn’t look for the TE….or a combo of both scheme and lack of ready talent behind Cam at TE. I think it’s both.

Can’t look for the TE if he’s blocking and not in the route tree like Cam is doing most plays…he’s a BLOCKING TE…..and that is what he does most of the time.

Or maybe send them down the seams or posts when one is in the game that’s an actual te. X is the only pressure being put on the middle of the field. Which is criminal in todays football. You can’t check down all game to the Ol playing te. That’s the point. Our te’s are doing the same predictable garbage. Gattis had the te’s more involved lol and last I checked TVD was the qb. Go look at Mallory’s stats the previous two years. Explain that one for me please ?

There’s a reason everyone that knows anything about offense says “ a TE is a QB’s best friend”…Maybe if TVD had that “ best friend “ he wouldn’t look so lost…just a suggestion.

Advertisement
There is a difference between having the OC run an offense that the HC believes in and what 90% of the complainers on here believe .... that Mario is on the headset overruling Dawson and forcing run plays.
Mario could hire Mike Leach (RIP) and you would still see these sets. How you guys don’t grasp that blows my mind. It’s part of the interview process and always will be until Mario gets out of his Caveman Persona.

It doesn’t matter the coordinator. Mario has the 24 hour interviews to engrave in his coordinators head what he wants and than the coordinators have to prove they can execute his vision.

Advertisement
Mario could hire Mike Leach (RIP) and you would still see these sets. How you guys don’t grasp that blows my mind. It’s part of the interview process and always will be until Mario gets out of his Caveman Persona.

It doesn’t matter the coordinator. Mario has the 24 hour interviews to engrave in his coordinators head what he wants and than the coordinators have to prove they can execute his vision.
Not sure how what you said has any relevance to what I typed.

Mario sets the tone but is NOT calling plays in the middle of a game and certainly isn't telling Dawson to run every 1st and 2nd down like the Q'Anon Bros think happens.

12 personnel and tighter formations is getting more and more common. It’s slowly transforming into last year. 84 being on the field in the slot so many plays is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever seen. Dudes a blocker that teams hardly respect. Either take him off the field and put a wr there or put Skinner or Williams there. It’s useless and stupid as ****. In-line I get.
Teams have absolutely zero respect for 84 in coverage. On the pick that was dropped near the end zone, the corner was supposed to pickup 84 and stayed on…I believe it was George because he knew 84 wasn’t getting it.

Complete waste sending 84 out on passes

Not sure how what you said has any relevance to what I typed.

Mario sets the tone but is NOT calling plays in the middle of a game and certainly isn't telling Dawson to run every 1st and 2nd down like the Q'Anon Bros think happens.
Quoted wrong post my bad

Incidentally, talk to people close to Oregon and you will find out he actually has done just this. Not saying every play, or even most plays. But he is (or at least was) more hands on than you might think, and definitely more than someone with his play calling resume should be, circumstantially.

I am certainly not plugged in at all with the Miami staff, but to imply it is an impossibility is false based on track record.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We have TEs

We have one of the best TE rooms in America. We do not utilize our TEs, which makes absolutely no sense

Arroyo, when healthy, can be a problem. Riley Williams, when targeted, can be a problem. Jaleel Skinner was recruited by everyone in America. He is, supposedly, in CMCs doghouse.

All 3 (Arroyo, Skinner, and Williams) sit behind Cam McCormick, a ninth year blocking TE.

I absolutely love what Cam brings. To me, he's the prefect TE2 in 12 personel. He shouldn't be lining up in the slot or targeted over any other TE, on our roster, in the passing game.

And, mind you, we don't actually use our TEs in the passing game.

I honestly, like a child, want to believe that CMC is what is holding our TEs back but, with each game that passes, I have a hard time believing this. I mean, he have a QB who definitely could use a reliable TE. And still, we see Cam trotting out there.

The running-game is the most consistent and reliable part of our offense.

No offense to TVD, but would Williams or Skinner change his eye-discipline and decision-making?

Tyler's interceptions aren't because no one else is open...

Advertisement

Nobody believes that I hope.

Still, he meets with both coordinators and sits in on position meetings as well. They also all meet collectively to game plan, see what they all see upcoming, etc.

That's when he would make suggestions that he expects to see implemented weekly. That's typical of any head coach. The real question is how he goes about letting them run their groups or sides of the football at that time. Expectations are know by and large come GameDay, but of course there's situations he's sure to chime in on live as the game progresses.

Dawson need to incorporate the TE into his offense-

We have had some of the best TE’s in the country in the past-

We’re known as TE U he would be an absolute fool not to utilize them-

Mario knows this-

I think Williams and Carver have bright futures here-

Arroyo keeps getting injured hopefully he can be of some value down the line.

Advertisement
Back