TIFWIW Joe Brady

Advertisement
yep

we're spending more money than bama and who do they have? bill o brien, a successful NFL head coach (terrible gm) lmao. why can't we get a masterful person in the craft and not take a risk?

why are we not going for the best OC in the country or even bigger than that? idk. I'm happy with whoever we get honestly I just hope we do our due diligence and go for the absolute best option because money is there and nothing is off the table. we don't have to rely on "miami ties" at this point
Facts💯

agreed

the brady slurpers are trying to pretend that people (like me) are saying brady is bad. that's not the case

the truth is that we just don't know how good he is.

we're talking about spending $8m which is more than bama, clemson, and ohio state. They don't spend that kind of $$ on unknowns is my point. Brady could be great, but I wish we would go for a sure thing to establish dominance down here, not just hiring the "flashy name"
Valid points

Also the ones concerned about him (not you specifically) should be willing to acknowledge there’s more to him than one year at LSU and his Panthers job

There’s some good info about him in his time at PSU and New Orleans

But what you’re saying about the money and expectations is spot on for sure because you would hope there’s more concrete data to look at when talking big numbers

Agree! That's why Mario should keep ALL the recruiting dogs on our staff. I'm not against Brady, but some are getting their little panties in a wad thinking so. Just thought we'd do better going with someone more proven.

I don't think he's the ONLY quality option...but I do think you are SEVERELY underrating him. Us signing Mario caused a nationwide stir.....us following that up with signing Brady would probably make the CFB world implode. EVERYONE is watching to see where Brady ends up. That "everyone" very much includes every single quality offensive recruit in the country right now.

Advertisement
at the end of 2019 people here wanted to hire Brady as our HC.
now some say we can do better than him as OC
things sure did change in less than 2 years
these are not the same people that were saying that in 2019

whoever was saying that in 2019 was dumb, just my opinion though

Advertisement
The guy won the award for the best assistant coach in the nation. He is credited by the media, coaches and players for being the catalyst of the greatest passing attack of all time while transitioning them from an old fashioned offense into a no -huddle up tempo spread 'em out Juggernaut.

He has NFL experience AND is rumored to be a head coach sooner rather than later.

That is the kind of high risk I like.

Dice Vegas GIF by The Weeknd
I can live with that reasoning.

I don't think he's the ONLY quality option...but I do think you are SEVERELY underrating him. Us signing Mario caused a nationwide stir.....us following that up with signing Brady would probably make the CFB world implode. EVERYONE is watching to see where Brady ends up. That "everyone" very much includes every single quality offensive recruit in the country right now.
I don't think I'm underrating him at all because i never rated him. You're talking like he's the best option out there, so you may be overrating him a bit.
Do I think he will do well here? Yes
Do I think others with more experience could do as well or better? Yes
We both think he will succeed, we just have differing opinions on who should have been hired is all.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It's fascinating that even though Joe Brady got interviewed for a HC position by multiple NFL teams, there is a vocal group of UM fans that think he's not good enough or experienced enough to be UMs OC. Amazing, really.
Lots of people get interviewed for NFL jobs every year bruh. It doesn't mean any of them were close to hiring him. What's crazy is if anybody here thinks he could have run an NFL team. That's teh crazy **** lol

I don't think I'm underrating him at all because i never rated him. You're talking like he's the best option out there, so you may be overrating him a bit.
Do I think he will do well here? Yes
Do I think others with more experience could do as well or better? Yes
We both think he will succeed, we just have differing opinions on who should have been hired is all.
Yeah likewise I strongly disagree with many of your premises here except for the part where you speculate that I think he's the best realistic option out there...because I 100% believe he is. My next choices would be people like Mullen or Briles and there's a gap between Brady and those two in my eyes.

Yeah likewise I strongly disagree with many of your premises here except for the part where you speculate that I think he's the best realistic option out there...because I 100% believe he is. My next choices would be people like Mullen or Briles and there's a gap between Brady and those two in my eyes.
Yeah, I think there's a gap too, just the other way around, lol.

Advertisement
Back