TIFWIW Joe Brady

Would be an unreal hire. I know what he's done the NFL level and LSU title season but how is he has a recruiter? Did he bring in a lot of those LSU studs?
from what i gather hes not much of a recruiter.

Advertisement
Advertisement
i'm cool with it as long as we agree it's taking a risk

we're about to have a staff budget rumored to be bigger than bama clemson and ohio state

you don't hire first time coordinators for that kind of money. I get he was in the NFL but I was hoping when I heard 2 million that we were going to get an "elite" dude

brady can be "elite" but usually you don't pay this much to "hope" someone can be an excellent coordinator

This one is tricky. Clearly he had a major impact at LSU.

Debatable how much though cause of how much nfl talent they had. That offense was absolutely loaded. Carolina was a failure but his QB’s sucked and CMC can’t ever stay healthy.

I think there is definite risk and not the major slam dunk most say it is. I’ll wait and see how this plays out.

Advertisement
Those are apparently fighting words here
Idk why, like 2 months ago Joe Brady was on everyone NFL HC list for 2022. Darnold got hurt and started playing like ****, then McCaffrey got hurt and then Matt Rhule thought it would be smart to sign Cam Newton and force Joe Brady to start him within 1 week. Cam Newton arm is shot and couldn't run the offense. Matt Rhule used Brady as a scapegoat.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The guy won the award for the best assistant coach in the nation. He is credited by the media, coaches and players for being the catalyst of the greatest passing attack of all time while transitioning them from an old fashioned offense into a no -huddle up tempo spread 'em out Juggernaut.

He has NFL experience AND is rumored to be a head coach sooner rather than later.

That is the kind of high risk I like.

Dice Vegas GIF by The Weeknd

Last edited:
This one is tricky. Clearly he had a major impact at LSU.

Debatable how much though cause of how much nfl talent they had. That offense was absolutely loaded. Carolina was a failure but his QB’s sucked and CMC can’t ever stay healthy.

I think there is definite risk and not the major slam dunk most say it is. I’ll wait and see how this plays out.
yep my point exactly, not saying bad hire by any means and i'm excited about his ceiling but hopefully he sticks to elaborate play designs and not what he's done the last two years

I guess my main my point when you spill 1.5 - 2 million on a coordinator you typically get a former CFB/ NFL head coach is my only point. hopefully we aren't spending that kind of money on him and therefore we can go get an elite dc

Idk why, like 2 months ago Joe Brady was on everyone NFL HC list for 2022. Darnold got hurt and started playing like ****, then McCaffrey got hurt and then Matt Rhule thought it would be smart to sign Cam Newton and force Joe Brady to start him within 1 week. Cam Newton arm is shot and couldn't run the offense. Matt Rhule used Brady as a scapegoat.

Agreed man it’s not really worth discussing tbh

Advertisement
Back