Tiers of DE's this cycle

Canesfan1899

All-American
Premium
For those who are more in the know and more knowledgeable than I am, how would you tier the DE prospects this cycle in south florida?

I realize we are going to get some very talented DE's just curious to see where they all stack up against one another.

Advertisement
For those who are more in the know and more knowledgeable than I am, how would you tier the DE prospects this cycle in south florida?

I realize we are going to get some very talented DE's just curious to see where they all stack up against one another.
As far as south florida goes I'd rank them..
Tier 1A-Shemar Stewart, Marvin Jones
Tier 1B-Kenyatta Jackson, Nyjalik Kelly
Tier 3-Dante Anderson, Francois Nolton

Where would a kid like Eugenio stack up, seems like he's a possibility?

Where would a kid like Eugenio stack up, seems like he's a possibility?
I personally like him more than Anderson and Nolton but I think they're actually rated higer..I think Anderson and Nolton are probably better off as 3-4 olb's whereas Eugenio can be a true end..he is not on the same level as the tier 1 kids though.

Advertisement
I would put Kelly in Tier1A. He's at the tip top of our board. Jackson can get there with some improvement on the field, his tools are special.

I would add Richard Thomas and Jamaal Johnson to the next tier. Shorter than ideal but very good football players. Mason Thomas is a bit of a tweener but has huge upside due to his twitch and size.

I would put Kelly in Tier1A. He's at the tip top of our board. Jackson can get there with some improvement on the field, his tools are special.

I would add Richard Thomas and Jamaal Johnson to the next tier. Shorter than ideal but very good football players. Mason Thomas is a bit of a tweener but has huge upside due to his twitch and size.
I really hope Kelly turns out to be that good cause it definitely sounds like we have a better chance with him than Shemar and Marvin but Shemar Stewart is the prototype DE..I read that Thomas is being recruited by pretty much everyone as a DT..I completely forgot about Thomas though.

Advertisement
Kelly is a better athlete with a bigger frame than Jones, Jr. and is a better prospect, IMHO. Kelly has a track background and crazy bend for a kid that size. Kelly has also been in tougher environments than Jones in youth football and HS.

How far is Kelly away from Stewart as a prospect?

Isn't Thomas also committed to FSU? Do you see him sticking there?

Advertisement
Stewart- Tier 1
Jackson, Kelly, Jones Tier- 1B
Nolten, J.Brown, M.Eugenio, J.Johnson- Tier 2
Anderson, M.Thomas, R.Thomas (DT)- Tier 3

Kelly is a better athlete with a bigger frame than Jones, Jr. and is a better prospect, IMHO. Kelly has a track background and crazy bend for a kid that size. Kelly has also been in tougher environments than Jones in youth football and HS.
I would agree that Kelly seems to have the bigger frame but what have you seen that made you think he is currently bigger or a better athlete then Jones? Jones looks like the twitchiest of all them on tape and he is 6-4, 245..I think Kelly ends up a high 4 star and is a great prospect but I think we're hyping him up a little extra knowing he's likely to be a Cane..just my opinion though..

Advertisement
Kelly and Stewart-tier A
Eugenio and Jones and Jackson-tier B
Nolton and Anderson-tier C

All 7 are Power 5 DE prospects, and honestly could have been DE 1 in South Florida had they been in 2021 class.

I would agree that Kelly seems to have the bigger frame but what have you seen that made you think he is currently bigger or a better athlete then Jones? Jones looks like the twitchiest of all them on tape and he is 6-4, 245..I think Kelly ends up a high 4 star and is a great prospect but I think we're hyping him up a little extra knowing he's likely to be a Cane..just my opinion though..
I'm not hyping him up because "he's likely to be a cane" because I have no idea where he will go to school. I've seen both of them play in person in youth football as well as high school, and Kelly is the better athlete with more upside, in my opinion. As I previously mentioned, Kelly has a track background and is really athletic. I also think Kelly is a little more aggressive and will be hungrier than Jones, but that's my opinion.

I'm not hyping him up because "he's likely to be a cane" because I have no idea where he will go to school. I've seen both of them play in person in youth football as well as high school, and Kelly is the better athlete with more upside, in my opinion. As I previously mentioned, Kelly has a track background and is really athletic. I also think Kelly is a little more aggressive and will be hungrier than Jones, but that's my opinion.
I hope you're right.

Advertisement
Back