Tiers of DE's this cycle

I would agree that Kelly seems to have the bigger frame but what have you seen that made you think he is currently bigger or a better athlete then Jones? Jones looks like the twitchiest of all them on tape and he is 6-4, 245..I think Kelly ends up a high 4 star and is a great prospect but I think we're hyping him up a little extra knowing he's likely to be a Cane..just my opinion though..
I disagree with that last statement honestly. I think Jones may be a tad bit twitchier but they are very very close plus jones didn't play at 245 during the season. To me though jones and kelly have the best tape with all-around talent/skill.

Advertisement
Stewart is definitely Tier 1A by himself, his measurables are off the chart.
Kelly and Jones and KJackson would be Tier 1B

I like Anderson better than Nolton, I'm not sure if Eugenio will grow into an athletic DT so hard to correctly place him.

I'll say this....if somehow someway we wind up getting Earl Little Jr at CB, watch out for Marvin Jones Jr. (I was a little surprised to see ELJr name pop up on the June 1st event.....strong season on field coupled with NIL could land us ELJr....no inside juice, just my opinion based on what i'm reading and following this thing as it plays out)

I like Anderson better than Nolton, I'm not sure if Eugenio will grow into an athletic DT so hard to correctly place him.

I'll say this....if somehow someway we wind up getting Earl Little Jr at CB, watch out for Marvin Jones Jr. (I was a little surprised to see ELJr name pop up on the June 1st event.....strong season on field coupled with NIL could land us ELJr....no inside juice, just my opinion based on what i'm reading and following this thing as it plays out)
I actually wouldn't put Stewart ahead of Kelly and Jones. Stewart is athletic and looks college ready with how filled out he is but I think Kelly and Jones have more upside than him as pass rushers because I see more explosiveness and twitch from them.

I actually wouldn't put Stewart ahead of Kelly and Jones. Stewart is athletic and looks college ready with how filled out he is but I think Kelly and Jones have more upside than him as pass rushers because I see more explosiveness and twitch from them.
this. kelly and jones tape is better and they have excellent measurables but stewart has the absolute prototypical measurables.

Agree but I think Eugenio is a classic SDE. He has enough burst & athleticism to rush the passer but he'll be able to become strong enough to hold serve vs the run.

Advertisement

I believe Nolton is committed to UF. That might be beside the point of the question, but I thought I'd point it out.

Advertisement
I would put Kelly in Tier1A. He's at the tip top of our board. Jackson can get there with some improvement on the field, his tools are special.

I would add Richard Thomas and Jamaal Johnson to the next tier. Shorter than ideal but very good football players. Mason Thomas is a bit of a tweener but has huge upside due to his twitch and size.
You would want Stewart and Kelly as the DEs, right?

Looking at Defensive Line as a whole, obviously the top prospects will take the longest to close. So if I think of a Defensive Line board like this...
(1) Stretches - Shemar Stewart, Kenyatta Jackson, Anthony Lucas, DJ Wesolak
(2) Definite Takes - Marvin Jones Jr., Nyjalik Kelly, Dante Anderson, Mario Eugenio
(3) Probable Takes - Keahnist Thompson, Jamari Lyons, Daniel Lyons, Jamaal Whyce (+maybe Brandon Cleveland)
(4) Possible Takes - Beau Atkinson, Richard Thomas, Hayden Schwartz, Jordan Phillips, Alton Taber, Tawfiq Thomas (+maybe Jamaal Johnson)
... the only way we sign any of the guys on line 1 or half the guys on line 2 is to play Bama close and beat UNC. Meanwhile, a lot of the guys on lines 3 and 4 might be ready to commit over the summer. I'm sure the staff has a plan on how to time everything, but obviously, if we make guys like Thompson and the Lyonses wait, we risk seeing them go elsewhere and if the season does not go as we want, like Bama embarrasses us or we lose to Michigan State or Virginia or something, then we can find ourselves empty-handed by December. But then again, if we don't play well this season, what difference does it make, anyway?

Advertisement

Unpopular take

Moss will have a better career then Shemar

Unpopular take

Moss will have a better career then Shemar
I think Shemar has a lower floor but maybe lower ceiling also. I think he eventually ends up at DT. He doesn't have alot of moves and flexibility. Kelly though, gonna be a problem. Moss i have to see how they use him and how he does after adding weight. He is well coached and smart though

Nolton commits to Cuse.

When all said and done, it’s the most talented sofla DL class that I can remember. Even the lower tier guys like Thomas and Eugenio will make an impact at the next level imo.
Mario Eugenio is a bad ************ despite that voice he has.

Advertisement
I think Shemar has a lower floor but maybe lower ceiling also. I think he eventually ends up at DT. He doesn't have alot of moves and flexibility. Kelly though, gonna be a problem. Moss i have to see how they use him and how he does after adding weight. He is well coached and smart though
If we get Shemar I hope he quickly puts on 20+ lbs so there;s no doubt he's a DT and works there his 3 years here.Don't want to see him starve himself to depth trying to stick at DE and waste a year or 2 there.

If we get Shemar I hope he quickly puts on 20+ lbs so there;s no doubt he's a DT and works there his 3 years here.Don't want to see him starve himself to depth trying to stick at DE and waste a year or 2 there.
If we run a 3-4 he is perfect for end. But also there have been ends who are 300 pounds or so. Its not just the weight, u need a certain flexiblity for end to string plays out and also chase down RBs and WRs on RPO. Good luck trying to run to the side he lined up on. He is massive.

I wanted his dominican carlton banks lokin *** in this class.
Fresh Prince Of Bel Air Dance GIF

Advertisement
Back