Tied with FSU in academics!

Advertisement
lmfao

this admin deserves every bit of this sh*t every single last bit of it.

They've road the coattails of the football program to glory while saying to themselves, "we did this, we built this university"

they hired the ultimate looking yes men in frenks and that athletic director whom I won't name because of possible thought cancer developing in my brain.

They could have hired an admiral, they could have hired a real AD

but nope, now football sucks, basketball sucks, baseball sucks, the school itself sucks just looooooooooooooool

Tied in academics.

This just keeps getting better and better.

OP - if any other cheerful news breaks - please don't hesitate to share!

UMfb090515-0160-400x400.jpg

No success with pleats like that.
Is Frenk married?....he's got that kinda, you know, look.

lmfao

this admin deserves every bit of this sh*t every single last bit of it.

They've road the coattails of the football program to glory while saying to themselves, "we did this, we built this university"

they hired the ultimate looking yes men in frenks and that athletic director whom I won't name because of possible thought cancer developing in my brain.

They could have hired an admiral, they could have hired a real AD

but nope, now football sucks, basketball sucks, baseball sucks, the school itself sucks just looooooooooooooool
I like generals better than admirals....slogging it out in the dirt is more like football.

Advertisement
Frenk won't last long at this rate... look for the BOT to hire some sports hating Ivy leaguer as President...
Could've hired some women who is all about art and piano and knows nothing about football and thinks civilized people don't play football yet think it's perfectly alright to walk around in the football players' locker room. That's my nightmare.

WTF is going on? When Corch Golden was here we were around 40.

Miami is now below Georgia and Ohio State and tied with FSU and Penn State at 57?!?

I don’t believe this is football player ratings, I think it’s overall school ratings

Advertisement
Well, at least we are being consistent...

We are ranked 57th in football, basketball, baseball and academics

Last edited:
There is actually a direct correlation between the two. When we won National titles the applications went up by more than 50% resulting in higher ranked incoming classes. When we were 8-0 or whatever it was and Gameday was a four hour commercial, applications again went up dramatically.

But that doesn't explain FSU.... if that were true, they should have been at 300 or so with current trending..

Last edited:
US News and World Report changed its criteria a couple of years ago, and it favors large state institutions. Exhibit A of how badly they f'd this up, Florida is ranked higher than William & Mary. Academically, Florida isn't in the same galaxy as William & Mary.

Advertisement
When I went back to visit the school many times between 2017-late 2018 I can understand why the University is slipping. The people in charge like Frenk are kind of clueless running the place.

Advertisement
This ranking seems very suspect. First, UM and UF had been virtually tied for years and changes in the ranking were slow and incremental. Now UF has jumped almost 20 spots? That doesn't bode well for the methodology or criteria.

Ditto for FSU: they'd been hovering off the bottom for years, bottom of FSB schools that it. Now, they jump from the sewer into the 2nd quartiel? Yeah, BS.

I'll take the WSJ ranking.

Oh, and all of you foolz calling doom and gloom and naming Frenk - You're di****te clueless fuchs.

If we were ranked in the top 5 of College Football with a chance to win a title, who on here would give a ****?
I hear ya that this is mostly a sports site, but as an alumni and a fan, I do care about academics for my school. I can’t deny that. The fact we are on the same level as FSU is disheartening. The fact that we’re not ranked makes this a bitter pill to swallow. WTF is happening at the U?!

Undergrad? Seriously?

FSU has always had a much better law school than Miami, but always been much worse in everything else.
Back in the day, Stetson had a better law school than Miami. FSU wasn't even close. Where do you get the impression that they're better?

Back in the day, Stetson had a better law school than Miami. FSU wasn't even close. Where do you get the impression that they're better?

LSAT scores, bar passage rating, UNSWR rating. (And FSU law has always had a better UNSWR rating than Miami law-it’s not a one year fluke like this year’s undergrad ratings.) I’m sure that as a lawyer you know that your firm would hire FSU law grads before they’d hire Miami law grads- quit pretending otherwise.

It’s pretty common for the law schools at public schools to be better regarded than the undergrad programs are. Look at Alabama law for an even more extreme example. Their law school is #25 in UNSWR (ahead of Emory law), but their undergrad is ranked #153.

Advertisement
Back