Tears Tide Tears

No.

He’s got bad balance and slow feet.

Not a good combination!
Yeah, I watched a couple Bama games towards the tail-end of the season and IIRC, he was struggling with speed guys. Not sure how worthy his freshman AA title is.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ericksons Greatest and most impressive feat at UM (JJ left him 2 NCs) was what he did in replacing pretty much the entire staff that followed JJ to Dallas. The hiring of Sonny Lubick as DC was Historic.
I thought his most impressive feat at UM was being absolutely plastered daily and still holding it together enough to win two titles.

Talking to us Canes fans, too, that was born in the 80’s. Lol. That’s y I said going back to Butch’s tenure and really seeing it while understanding full context, he was our last great coach.

Don’t get it twisted though, Saban was scrutinized heavily too these last few yrs. Bama fans were calling for his head b/c they didn’t win a Nat’l Title from 2021-23. Lol. Winning is both a blessing and a curse.
great minds think alike...

Screenshot_20240117_144817_X.jpg

Advertisement
Alabama is done being the dominant force in CFB. They’ll still be a good program but you don’t lose an all time great HC and expect to keep rolling.

Coaches like Saban and Jimmy Johnson keep the entire program in check and on their toes. From the coaches to the boosters right down to the lawn guys lol. There’s a presence there even if he’s a thousand miles away. Saban was the definition of culture. Big brother was watching anything and everything football related. Not every coach has this mind state and need for perfection. It’s so much more than X’s and O’s.

You’ll slowly start seeing cracks form even if they make the playoff or make a deep run. Year by year there’ll be a drop off. And I think Deboer is a great coach but Saban was so much more than a X and O guy. He was a dictator that demanded greatness at all times or you moved on. Football was everything.

Exactly and also now more than ever with the portal more kids commit to coaches than programs.

Advertisement
DeBoer isn't gonna work there. People can talk about him being a great game day coach all they want, but that's not all there is to coaching. Especially in the SEC.

In the SEC, he has to be able to recruit and play the game that comes with it. In all his years as an assistant, he was only listed as primary recruiter for 8 players. Four of them were walk ons, 3 transferred out and NONE were listed in the top 1000. His two classes at Washington were both ranked 26th, with only 3 in the top247 composite combined.

Alabama is as southern "good ole boy" as it gets. DeBoer is from South Dakota and has never coached farther south than Southern Illinois. This isn't Urban or Saban at LSU 20 years ago. Things have changed. The rest of the conference smells blood and they're going to rip Alabama apart. His roster is already (likely) losing two freshman All American starters to other SEC teams.

Alabama is going to take a step back and I seriously doubt they'll have the patience for it or with him.

You left out Mike "Roll Tide" Price, even though he never coached a season, he was still legendary. LOL

That's a name I totally have forgotten. He was the Washington State coach I wanna say before he got the Alabama job. I'm looking up what got him fired cause I don't remember

-in May his contract was rescinded shortly after news reports surfaced of Price being seen at a strip club during a trip to Pensacola, Florida, where Price was playing in a golf tournament, and he also had about $1,000 charged to his hotel room by an unknown woman staying in the room. This development came on the heels of an earlier reprimand for visiting campus-area bars and drinking into the early hours in Tuscaloosa-

Not as juicy as I expected but its Alabama

Advertisement
Bear Bryant retired in 1982 - 6 championships, last one in 79
Ray Perkins 83-86 4 years
Bill Curry 87-89 3 years
Gene Stallings 90-96 - 1 championship 92
Mike DuBose 97-00 4 years
Dennis Franchione 01-02
Mike Shula 03-06
Nick Saban 07-23 - 6 championships, last one in 2020

It's hard to replace a legend.

I have no memory of Mike DuBose

Advertisement
That's a name I totally have forgotten. He was the Washington State coach I wanna say before he got the Alabama job. I'm looking up what got him fired cause I don't remember

-in May his contract was rescinded shortly after news reports surfaced of Price being seen at a strip club during a trip to Pensacola, Florida, where Price was playing in a golf tournament, and he also had about $1,000 charged to his hotel room by an unknown woman staying in the room. This development came on the heels of an earlier reprimand for visiting campus-area bars and drinking into the early hours in Tuscaloosa-

Not as juicy as I expected but its Alabama
Thats the reason I said Mike "Roll Tide" Price. I live in Alabama and it was said that while he was at a cheap strip club in Pensacola he was yelling "Roll Tide" while getting lap dances. LOL

Thats the reason I said Mike "Roll Tide" Price. I live in Alabama and it was said that while he was at a cheap strip club in Pensacola he was yelling "Roll Tide" while getting lap dances. LOL

F#ck that is funny as he11

Alabama would have bled recruits now regardless of who they had hired outside of Kirby Smart or some crazy NFL head coach name replacing him.

Obviously a lot of this is about money and opportunity during a transition time but I wonder how much of it goes beyond coming due to the mystique of Saban. Or how much more of it is guys being ****ed he probably promised he would be there forever and then lied with his sudden retirement as well.

Advertisement
Back