Tears Tide Tears

Yes, Kirby is now sitting alone at the top of the mountain, but make no mistake - things could not be set up better for Mario as of right now. If he evolves into Butch/Bobby/Dabo, then he has an opportunity to make everyone forget the GT kneeling incident and do what Dabo did with Clemson.

Clemsoning was essentially the same way people view Mario - they will have superior talent, but always find a way to ***** up a game at the end.

With Satan re-descending into Sheol, Mario has the best opportunity he has had and will probably ever have, to become the monster HC he imagines himself to be. Dan and Alonzo... it's your time to circle the wagons with Mario and bring us back to 10 wins annually.

Advertisement
Bear Bryant retired in 1982 - 6 championships, last one in 79
Ray Perkins 83-86 4 years
Bill Curry 87-89 3 years
Gene Stallings 90-96 - 1 championship 92
Mike DuBose 97-00 4 years
Dennis Franchione 01-02
Mike Shula 03-06
Nick Saban 07-23 - 6 championships, last one in 2020

It's hard to replace a legend.
You left out Mike "Roll Tide" Price, even though he never coached a season, he was still legendary. LOL

Bama is imploding.

Saban didn't retire gracefully as much as he👇👇👇

l378mc4Thco1Be7O8.gif

Advertisement
Honestly, the Saban/Deboer transition reminds me a lot of the Jimmy Johnson to Erickson one.

There was no way Erickson could actually live up to Johnsons legacy (btw had JJ stayed here 10 more years I honestly think we have another 2 rings (so Ericksons 2 plus 2 more) and he’d be considered the goat), but he was a really good game day coach and innovator on offense at the time, which coupled with Johnson’s infrastructure and recruiting, helped extend the program to two more rings before his **** program development and drinking issues sunk us.

Deboer is also a great game day coach (probably alcoholic free) who with the current infrastructure and talent with even top 10 recruiting in the next few years probably has the capability to win another ring or maybe 2 in the next 5 years. But beyond that we will see.

The NIL era (which tide fans called the ‘Saban discount’. Oh the irony…..) removed the monopoly that Jackass overly enjoyed too long under his former boss running the NCAA.

Btw, had they not won that absolutely joke fluke game against Auburn this year, another two loss regular season without a title, and at his age, there would have been calls for Saban to leave this year.

Advertisement
This x1000

Talking to us Canes fans, too, that was born in the 80’s. Lol. That’s y I said going back to Butch’s tenure and really seeing it while understanding full context, he was our last great coach.

Don’t get it twisted though, Saban was scrutinized heavily too these last few yrs. Bama fans were calling for his head b/c they didn’t win a Nat’l Title from 2021-23. Lol. Winning is both a blessing and a curse.

there's gonna be a whole lot of suffering in alabama. i went to georgetown university from 83-87, when they won the national championship in basketball my freshman year. after graduation, i went to um for law school 89-92. as a student i attended two national championship games, one for each school. . . . dopey young me thought thats just the way it is and that's the way it will always beeeee. nope . . . there's been lots and lots of misery since those glory years (more so for my hoop hoyas). enjoy the moment you youngins. you never know when the bus will stop and the ride is over.

Honestly, the Saban/Deboer transition reminds me a lot of the Jimmy Johnson to Erickson one.

There was no way Erickson could actually live up to Johnsons legacy (btw had JJ stayed here 10 more years I honestly think we have another 2 rings (so Ericksons 2 plus 2 more) and he’d be considered the goat), but he was a really good game day coach and innovator on offense at the time, which coupled with Johnson’s infrastructure and recruiting, helped extend the program to two more rings before his **** program development and drinking issues sunk us.

Deboer is also a great game day coach (probably alcoholic free) who with the current infrastructure and talent with even top 10 recruiting in the next few years probably has the capability to win another ring or maybe 2 in the next 5 years. But beyond that we will see.

The NIL era (which tide fans called the ‘Saban discount’. Oh the irony…..) removed the monopoly that Jackass overly enjoyed too long under his former boss running the NCAA.

Btw, had they not won that absolutely joke fluke game against Auburn this year, another two loss regular season without a title, and at his age, there would have been calls for Saban to leave this year.

It also reminds me of the Schnelly to JJ transition & the outrage recruits and fans had to this.

Bama was going to bleed players who committed to Saban from 2022-2023, but if DeBoer has another great yr, the train won’t be the same, but it’ll still move.

Advertisement
Advertisement
So, is he completely off the board? What's the latest?
I have no idea but this is what u portal for guys like this. This isn’t some jag in the portal this is a future all pro nfl player. When I saw his HS film I was jealous of bama. It made me not watch the rest of their class cause it would of made ours look like pop warner

Talking to us Canes fans, too, that was born in the 80’s. Lol. That’s y I said going back to Butch’s tenure and really seeing it while understanding full context, he was our last great coach.

Don’t get it twisted though, Saban was scrutinized heavily too these last few yrs. Bama fans were calling for his head b/c they didn’t win a Nat’l Title from 2021-23. Lol. Winning is both a blessing and a curse.
To be so lucky as to complain about 1 or 2 losses.....one can dream....

I demand 10 wins this coming fall.

Kid was buns

TrumpyCane thinks it’s disgusting they had him rated higher than Francis
I'm not sure about that. Start of the year for sure he was trash, but I think he adjusted to the step up in competition and played much better to round off the year.
Was the top-rated left tackle in all games on conference championship weekend per PFF.

Francis had his struggles as well although I think both of them are absolute studs.

To be so lucky as to complain about 1 or 2 losses.....one can dream....

I demand 10 wins this coming fall.
Crazy they ***** about Kirby I’m like how can u complain you’re in the hunt every ******* year. I’ll take that in a heart beat.

Advertisement
Back