Tears Tide Tears

Advertisement
Advertisement
Can’t find the tweet but a Bama fan complaining about the portal and 30 day window decimating their team, love to see it. I was in the camp that Deboer would hold onto most of the guys on the roster because he’s a **** good coach but I underestimated the power of the portal (tampering). These dudes about to secure the bag.

This is getting crazy

Nothing To See Here GIF by Giphy QA

Advertisement
It also reminds me of the Schnelly to JJ transition & the outrage recruits and fans had to this.

Bama was going to bleed players who committed to Saban from 2022-2023, but if DeBoer has another great yr, the train won’t be the same, but it’ll still move.
Nobody commits to Alabama they commit to Nick Saban.
Ive been telling people this for years and they believe that A has some mystique. That school has been winning for over a decade and they don’t transcend the sport.

Miami wins back to back titles and you’ll see that U everywhere you go.

Advertisement
Also, Saban used to get the best of the best HC's as Coordinators and analysts. DeBoer's not there now if ever he will be. The coordinators were major contributors to BAMA's success as much as the illegally paid for talent.

Saban tried to poach Washington’s OC last year and was turned down. They then chose Tommy Reese and Grub became the highest paid OC in CFB.

The players leaving that school is bigger than Alabama. It's a loss to the entire SEC. The conference has been so dependent on Bama being a juggernaut that lifted all the schools they played, even the ones they beat. He was the conference. The recruits saying, "I want to go play in the SEC"...what they meant was, "I want to go play in the conference Nick Saban plays in".

It's no longer going to be a conference that's seen as head and shoulders above the rest. Everyone is going to catch up now.

Advertisement

This is getting crazy

The question is did they not like the new hc, liked him but only came to Alabama to pay for saban specifically, taking opportunity for new bag, or some combo of the above.

going back to what @Cribby said -it is even more than just that because some of these guys literally just wanted to play perceiving so even if the new guy holds up the standard, he doesn’t have the history or reputation yet and that is why somebody like Mario should win at least one or two in direct battles each year that he would’ve lost assuming the on field play improves even a little bit

Honestly, the Saban/Deboer transition reminds me a lot of the Jimmy Johnson to Erickson one.

There was no way Erickson could actually live up to Johnsons legacy (btw had JJ stayed here 10 more years I honestly think we have another 2 rings (so Ericksons 2 plus 2 more) and he’d be considered the goat), but he was a really good game day coach and innovator on offense at the time, which coupled with Johnson’s infrastructure and recruiting, helped extend the program to two more rings before his **** program development and drinking issues sunk us.

Deboer is also a great game day coach (probably alcoholic free) who with the current infrastructure and talent with even top 10 recruiting in the next few years probably has the capability to win another ring or maybe 2 in the next 5 years. But beyond that we will see.

The NIL era (which tide fans called the ‘Saban discount’. Oh the irony…..) removed the monopoly that Jackass overly enjoyed too long under his former boss running the NCAA.

Btw, had they not won that absolutely joke fluke game against Auburn this year, another two loss regular season without a title, and at his age, there would have been calls for Saban to leave this year.
Ericksons Greatest and most impressive feat at UM (JJ left him 2 NCs) was what he did in replacing pretty much the entire staff that followed JJ to Dallas. The hiring of Sonny Lubick as DC was Historic.

Advertisement
Back