Tidbits of the new 247 recruiting article?

Staff backed themselves into a corner by only taking 2 last year. Even if they took a plan b/c kid last year at least he would have a year in the system before playing meaningful snaps.
It was Richt's mistake. For some reason Right sucked at keeping contact with plan B kids. We had 3 committed with Solomon and when he decommitted (Richt knew he would like a month before early signing period) we had to start relationships all over with the kid that went to Auburn i believe and the other from virginia. By that point all teams had a leg up. Same thing happened with running back and a bunch of other positions. Bad recruiting.

Advertisement
Summary
QB- we are done
RB- Knighton is a toss up but sources close to the program are confident. After him its Caziah Holmes and Parrish as targets.
WR- Miami confident they can keep both commits committed especially Fleming. Top targets are Jyalin Hyatt and Gary Bryant JR. Dont know where Mookie Cooper is on the board. Seem to be behind on Henderson and Jones bell. Arian smith was being recruited as a db but a name to know as a wr now.
TE- miami good with Dom wants to add washington or Theo Johnson both will be hard to get.
OL- Miami after a bunch of tackles. 1 more interior guy will be taken. Sources feel good about Rivers. Everyone else is still a toss up.
DE- Looks like they want 2 more to pair with anaele. Williams might be package deal with Rivers. Miami seems to lead for Jaylen Harrel. Other plan b kids in the fold but Miami will try to land those first.
LB- Miami is after some big time names but probably dont lead for any of them and they have a bunch of plan b options with the board still expanding. Miami wants 4 linebackers. Latarie Kinsler recruitment more open than what it seemed so no more miami crystal ball.
DT- Miami feels like they are full here but will recruit more plan b kids and will likely take Roberts if he wants in. I think they think they are good with 2 because of the guys they landed last cycle. Roberts might be a miami lean but watch out for UF.
Corner- sources say hodges reminds them of henderson with less speed. Kid hasnt ever ran track and has barely lifted weights. Keyshawn Lawrence the top target and Ethan Pouncey a top target as well. Jaiden Francois is viewed as a safety now.
Safety- South dade duo + Branch (striker) committed. Miami wants 1 more. Board there is open right now but Avanate Williams is target number 1.

Better summary is balloon filled by offensive comments then slowly deflated by defensive ones.

Has anybody actually seen Riggins play? We should be recruiting over him.

Moise is solid, but we should add two more DT's who are as good or better.

I was curious what they were going to do with Riggins, they visited him recently so it seems like they like him even with no production of late. I agree moise is solid but i hope we can get some kind of traction with Tim Smith or Jalen carter to add with Roberts. They through out a bunch of DT offers from March to now but didn’t get any traction from them.

Advertisement
I sure have. And I’ve been very vocal that the LB recruiting here has been abysmal, at best. I was told by the sunshine pumpers that it was because of the depth chart. Nobody is coming here to sit behind 3 three-year starters. Ok, even though the other top programs don’t have that problem, I’ll give you that. But now there’s NO excuse.

Manny can’t recruit. He was in charge of LB sonits all on him. We might have to go JUCo for a Lb

Advertisement
Wish we would. Look at the 2020 depth chart. Try not to vomit, too.
I think Those kids can play and I’m high on the 2019 linebacker class and I think Joyner will be solid. But with Jennings and steed both coming off injuries we need some more older guys for sure. It would seem like a perfect situation honestly because I’m not convinced manny/Miami will land a top flight linebacker or 2 in this recruiting class tbh

Advertisement
Manny can’t recruit. He was in charge of LB sonits all on him. We might have to go JUCo for a Lb

How many times do I have to remind some of you, you can’t say that around here. Ive been told here that every problem on this team is bc of the coaches that left. It was CMR, Jon, and Dugan’s fault we don’t have any depth at LB and are thin at DB.

Advertisement
How many times do I have to remind some of you, you can’t say that around here. Ive been told here that every problem on this team is bc of the coaches that left. It was CMR, Jon, and Dugan’s fault we don’t have any depth at LB and are thin at DB.
Depth at linebacker didn’t cause to to loose 6 games guy. I’m fact it didn’t cause us to loose a single game. QBs that couldn’t find an open man and recievers that couldn’t catch along with terrible play calling and an unmotivated offense and terrible special teams caused us every single loss. So yea the problems on this team do fall on those guys.

If we are being honest here.. DL AND LB recruiting is absolute joke right now.

We need at minimum 3 DTs. We have 2 committed. Moise is player but no one is for sure if he even will Defense at the next level.

Riggins: this is Robert burns but at DT.

We should be recruiting like mad at DT. Even if Moise stays at DT and Riggins miraculously never gets injured again you still have to land solid players.

If I’m a member of the staff I would be expecting Garvin to leave and Ruseuo to leave the following year. We don’t pay kids like Clemson does to stay.

Do I even have to bring up LB recruit? Yes. The staff struck out for 3 years straight. The LB core was all Golden croots.

Wilder and Steed are very unlikely to ever make an impact here.

We continue to recruit well one season and take off the next season. This **** has to stop. We also should be oversigning and cutting the dead weight.

Our current roster model is a recipe for disaster. Our most talented kids like to leave early for 4th round -undrafted. And our plan Cs like staying 5 years (Knowles).

This is why it always seems like we are rebuilding. It’s because we never build it right from the jump.

If we are being honest here.. DL AND LB recruiting is absolute joke right now.

We need at minimum 3 DTs. We have 2 committed. Moise is player but no one is for sure if he even will Defense at the next level.

Riggins: this is Robert burns but at DT.

We should be recruiting like mad at DT. Even if Moise stays at DT and Riggins miraculously never gets injured again you still have to land solid players.

If I’m a member of the staff I would be expecting Garvin to leave and Ruseuo to leave the following year. We don’t pay kids like Clemson does to stay.

Do I even have to bring up LB recruit? Yes. The staff struck out for 3 years straight. The LB core was all Golden croots.

Wilder and Steed are very unlikely to ever make an impact here.

We continue to recruit well one season and take off the next season. This **** has to stop. We also should be oversigning and cutting the dead weight.

Our current roster model is a recipe for disaster. Our most talented kids like to leave early for 4th round -undrafted. And our plan Cs like staying 5 years (Knowles).

This is why it always seems like we are rebuilding. It’s because we never build it right from the jump.
DT is fine. Moise will play DT in college. With 2 in the class that will put them at 9 on the roster for 2020. And they are still recruiting other DTs. And if roberts ends up in the class he probably ends up at DT being that he is bout 270 already.

As far as DE they are looking to take 3. With 3 if garvin leaves that will be 7 on the roster and if he stays its 8. Even if rosseau leaves after 2020 it will still be 6 DEs returning plus whoever is in the 2021 class.

LB isn't looking to good right now for the 2020 class.

If everything gets taken care of on the field and trail, the numbers and talent at just about every position in 2020 will be the best in a long time.

I do agree we need one more DT. Riggins is a question mark for me.(Hopefully he can show something this year.) I like Moise. I think he will be a stud in college. Underrated. Wouldnt be surprised if Oline rumors are true though. Kid can do both at the next level. I think picking up a Jalen Carter/Elijah Roberts puts this class in a better position for 2020.

Let’s be Honest we are hoping for some miracles at LB. If we can land one of the big guys Flowe/Smalls somehow and fill in with 2-3 more plan b guys is considered great to me.

Guys I hope we (realistically) get:
Knighton
Rivers
Williams
Cooper
Flowe
Carter

Advertisement
Back