Tidbits of the new 247 recruiting article?

Summary
QB- we are done
RB- Knighton is a toss up but sources close to the program are confident. After him its Caziah Holmes and Parrish as targets.
WR- Miami confident they can keep both commits committed especially Fleming. Top targets are Jyalin Hyatt and Gary Bryant JR. Dont know where Mookie Cooper is on the board. Seem to be behind on Henderson and Jones bell. Arian smith was being recruited as a db but a name to know as a wr now.
TE- miami good with Dom wants to add washington or Theo Johnson both will be hard to get.
OL- Miami after a bunch of tackles. 1 more interior guy will be taken. Sources feel good about Rivers. Everyone else is still a toss up.
DE- Looks like they want 2 more to pair with anaele. Williams might be package deal with Rivers. Miami seems to lead for Jaylen Harrel. Other plan b kids in the fold but Miami will try to land those first.
LB- Miami is after some big time names but probably dont lead for any of them and they have a bunch of plan b options with the board still expanding. Miami wants 4 linebackers. Latarie Kinsler recruitment more open than what it seemed so no more miami crystal ball.
DT- Miami feels like they are full here but will recruit more plan b kids and will likely take Roberts if he wants in. I think they think they are good with 2 because of the guys they landed last cycle. Roberts might be a miami lean but watch out for UF.
Corner- sources say hodges reminds them of henderson with less speed. Kid hasnt ever ran track and has barely lifted weights. Keyshawn Lawrence the top target and Ethan Pouncey a top target as well. Jaiden Francois is viewed as a safety now.
Safety- South dade duo + Branch (striker) committed. Miami wants 1 more. Board there is open right now but Avanate Williams is target number 1.
Excellent job Cuban-Cane! I greatly appreciate your input.

Advertisement
Sigh... please don't bring that stupid sh*t to this thread there's already a 20 page thread on Eye in the sky about it.

And I already explained this, that guy is NOT a member of the MNW coaching staff, he's just an alum, that's it.
Wasn’t trying to derail the thread - never have. I was simply curious to see if there was any blowback on MNW recruits/commits. Have zero clue who was right or wrong, and don’t care and didn’t see the E&S thread. But thanks for your insight on the his post re: UM’s board. Always good insight.

That’s fair. Wait till Cooper visits and then take his interest seriously. Anyone could talk up a big game but it doesn’t mean much until you visit. I feel like he will become the top guy after he visits.

Would make sense if the other 2 werent sniffing the SEC jock. We got Jones-Bell who can make it Tennessee and Alabama multiple times but says he didn't have a ride 20 minutes away to Miami. And are we really going to trust another Henderson? I would definitely put the full court press on Cooper instead of waiting on these South Florida divas.

Wasn’t trying to derail the thread - never have. I was simply curious to see if there was any blowback on MNW recruits/commits. Have zero clue who was right or wrong, and don’t care and didn’t see the E&S thread. But thanks for your insight on the his post re: UM’s board. Always good insight.
All good my G.

Advertisement
Another year that seems like it’s gonna rely on what kind of season we have. #TNM brand doesn’t seem like it’s lead to any 2019 guys having serious interest. I get wanting to see how we do on the field, but it’s Manny’s first year. If he doesn’t win 10-11 games it could set us back another 3 years as the same o’l Miami

Mookie should be the top target at WR. I wonder if staff views Roberts as a future DT or an end ? Barry needs to start narrowing the o line board a bit, needs to close on someone by Paradise Camp. Definitely concerned about linebacker, not sure where we'll get the quantity and quality simultaneously that we need. I think we have enough safeties, curious to see who we prioritize at corner from here as keyshawn is the obvious # 1 target but who is next in line ? Would we accept brian george's commitment or hold out for pouncey or dennis ? Overall we're in a decent spot for this class but o line and linebacker are on the clock cuz those domino's need to start falling asap.

Would make sense if the other 2 werent sniffing the SEC jock. We got Jones-Bell who can make it Tennessee and Alabama multiple times but says he didn't have a ride 20 minutes away to Miami. And are we really going to trust another Henderson? I would definitely put the full court press on Cooper instead of waiting on these South Florida divas.
I think Jaylin Hyatt is the number 1 target at reciever right now. I also think that is justified. Kids that run a 4.3 40 on today's laser time system are special.

Advertisement
Another year that seems like it’s gonna rely on what kind of season we have. #TNM brand doesn’t seem like it’s lead to any 2019 guys having serious interest. I get wanting to see how we do on the field, but it’s Manny’s first year. If he doesn’t win 10-11 games it could set us back another 3 years as the same o’l Miami
Its always about how you do on the field. Just look at the big 3 recruiting. In the last 10 years, with very few exceptions, the team that does best in the season wins the state for recruiting.

Its always about how you do on the field. Just look at the big 3 recruiting. In the last 10 years, with very few exceptions, the team that does best in the season wins the state for recruiting.

To an extent, but it’s more dramatic with us. When they’re up, they’re farther up than us in recruiting. When we’re down, we’re farther down in recruiting than they are.

I think the staff sees pough as a safety and we are pretty full there although personally I like pough alot more than Washington. So I think pough is in if Washington is out which would mean Washington would have to have a bad season.

He plays cb full time. Not sure about the safety talk. He is a real real good cb

I agree on all that. Not sold on Riggins. Like the Pinder dude Paranos is onto. Want them to find a really tough interior guy. Or a big NT disruptor. Would also like them to try to get Anaele back on board.

The LB sit is dire. We have plenty of DBs. Overall roster is 2 years away from really having the right balance and progression.

The problem is......Pinder and Riggins are homeboys. You cant drop 1 and get the other. **** Riggins been selling the staff on Pinder.

Advertisement
You are a Miami fan. Thats not gonna happen until we win. This is not 2002.

Wrong. We’re both fans, so I’m not gonna list out all the positives you can sell on the school. But even more, you literally cannot have a more favorable depth chart to walk into, and this defense has proven for the past 3 years to be exactly what you’d look for if you’re an aggressive, fast, physical player.

I understand bags and wins have an effect. But I didn’t say the top 4 backers in the country. But as a group, a top 5 class should be a walk in the park IF (and it’s a big IF) these dudes are the real deal. If you’re an elite recruiter, you land a few high end kids. Period.

Mookie should be the top target at WR. I wonder if staff views Roberts as a future DT or an end ? Barry needs to start narrowing the o line board a bit, needs to close on someone by Paradise Camp. Definitely concerned about linebacker, not sure where we'll get the quantity and quality simultaneously that we need. I think we have enough safeties, curious to see who we prioritize at corner from here as keyshawn is the obvious # 1 target but who is next in line ? Would we accept brian george's commitment or hold out for pouncey or dennis ? Overall we're in a decent spot for this class but o line and linebacker are on the clock cuz those domino's need to start falling asap.
Mookie Cooper is special no doubt but I think there are more Mookie Coopers than Jaylin Hyatts. That 4.3 laser time is something special man. You dont see that often. Its hard for the corners we will face in the ACC to keep up with that which means that they will be forced to gameplan and put 2 guys on him which creates mismatches for our other guys. A player that fast just completely changes the ball game, a true gamechanger if you will Im really in on the kid he has a chance to be the fastest player in the country and you always wanna get one of those because college football today is often decided by speed.
Elijah Roberts can play inside and out. He is starting to look more and more like a D tackle but if he is needed at SDE he can hold his own because he is explosive enough.
I think the board at OT is focused around Walker, Carmody, McLaughlin, and Rivers as the top 4 with Buford and Mincey in play and Marcus Dumerville as a longshot.
Im scared about our linebackers. Seems we need at least 1 guy that can play right away but it looks like we will end up with lower tier guys at the moment. Ill say this: its not a very great linebacker class. Its not a good year to need 4 linebackers. A lot of guys are overrated and there just arent a lot of plug and play guys.
I think Lawrence is CB1 for sure. I would say Ethan Pouncey is target number 2 but im not sure if he is viewed by the staff as a player you wait for. in my opinion he is a better corner prospect than lawrence and Dennis.
This is all just my 2 cents btw Im no insider or analyst.

An elite recruiting staff lands a Top 5 LB class nationally. Period. Nothing else needs to be added. We find out in February if Manny/Patke/Baker/Banda are dogs or puppies on the trail.

Have you seen our last several classes? LB has been our weakest position by far under this staff (excluding Baker).

Advertisement
Staff backed themselves into a corner by only taking 2 last year. Even if they took a plan b/c kid last year at least he would have a year in the system before playing meaningful snaps.

Have you seen our last several classes? LB has been our weakest position by far under this staff (excluding Baker).

I sure have. And I’ve been very vocal that the LB recruiting here has been abysmal, at best. I was told by the sunshine pumpers that it was because of the depth chart. Nobody is coming here to sit behind 3 three-year starters. Ok, even though the other top programs don’t have that problem, I’ll give you that. But now there’s NO excuse.

Mookie Cooper is special no doubt but I think there are more Mookie Coopers than Jaylin Hyatts. That 4.3 laser time is something special man. You dont see that often. Its hard for the corners we will face in the ACC to keep up with that which means that they will be forced to gameplan and put 2 guys on him which creates mismatches for our other guys. A player that fast just completely changes the ball game, a true gamechanger if you will Im really in on the kid he has a chance to be the fastest player in the country and you always wanna get one of those because college football today is often decided by speed.
Elijah Roberts can play inside and out. He is starting to look more and more like a D tackle but if he is needed at SDE he can hold his own because he is explosive enough.
I think the board at OT is focused around Walker, Carmody, McLaughlin, and Rivers as the top 4 with Buford and Mincey in play and Marcus Dumerville as a longshot.
Im scared about our linebackers. Seems we need at least 1 guy that can play right away but it looks like we will end up with lower tier guys at the moment. Ill say this: its not a very great linebacker class. Its not a good year to need 4 linebackers. A lot of guys are overrated and there just arent a lot of plug and play guys.
I think Lawrence is CB1 for sure. I would say Ethan Pouncey is target number 2 but im not sure if he is viewed by the staff as a player you wait for. in my opinion he is a better corner prospect than lawrence and Dennis.
This is all just my 2 cents btw Im no insider or analyst.
Is Hyatt the receiver from Louisiana?

Advertisement
Back