Tidbits of the new 247 recruiting article?

Advertisement
wb that one dt that’s a LSU decommit and jalen Carter? And also anything on the 6’5 340 pound dt Clemson cooked on? I feel like with how elite our dline has been playing we should easily get these guys

Advertisement
Advertisement
Has anybody actually seen Riggins play? We should be recruiting over him.

Moise is solid, but we should add two more DT's who are as good or better.
Riggins hasn't done anything on the field. Need to see it on the field this year or we should move on. Or at least add one more solid DT to the mix. Moise/Riggins isn't good enough unless we absolutely hit a home run with the 3 kids from the 2019 class who I'm very high on.

OL and LB recruiting, our biggest positions of need, continues to be pitiful. WTF? Even with immediate playing time available we still can’t get top recruits to come here. Embarrassing.

Mick Jagger said it best.

But we beat Florida and start racking up wins?

That gets everyone's attention - even OL and Linebacker's attention.

@Liberty City El what's your opinion on pough. I think he can play corner in college although he may be better at safety. I think you try the same thing we did with frierson see if he can play corner.

Advertisement
Our staff has been here for 5 months, and this is your view?

Until any staff here shows me that their confidence in a toss-up recruit with legit interest from our rivals / bag schools is well placed, I am going to be skeptical. Three straight staffs made a habit of losing kids they were confident in, and there was only one common denominator.

thanks for the post and I hope we find about 4-5 of those tackles we are looking for.God knows we need them..

Advertisement
@Liberty City El what's your opinion on pough. I think he can play corner in college although he may be better at safety. I think you try the same thing we did with frierson see if he can play corner.
I like him a lot, he can definitely play Corner at the next level. Has very good ball skills (5INT's) & a frame to be a 190+lbs CB once in a college S&C program. He's not a 4.4 blazer but he's much faster than Hodges (who I really like) & is natural playmaker with good tackling ability.

I compare him to Richie Grant at UCF as a prospect coming out of HS. I think Pough is 100% a take here at CB or Safety, but I think he projects best at CB.

Plus it would be wise to take a player like him from McArthur, if we really want to build a pipeline into Broward McArthur is program that has multiple Cane friendly coaches that want to send players here. We would be stupid to turn him down for some kid from Gaytor country that you can't count on all year long.

Last edited:
An elite recruiting staff lands a Top 5 LB class nationally. Period. Nothing else needs to be added. We find out in February if Manny/Patke/Baker/Banda are dogs or puppies on the trail.

I like him a lot, he can definitely play Corner at the next level. Has very good ball skills (5INT's) & a frame to be a 190+lbs CB once in a college S&C program. He's not a 4.4 blazer but he's much faster than Hodges (who I really like) & is natural playmaker with good tackling ability.

I compare him to Richie Grant at UCF as a prospect coming out of HS. I think Pough is 100% a take here at CB or Safety, but I think he projects best at CB.

Plus it would be wise to take a a player like from McArthur, if we really want to build a pipeline into Broward McArthur is program that has multiple Cane friendly coaches that want to send players here. We would be stupid to turn him down for some kid from Gaytor country that you can't count on all year long.
I like his film I'm gonna go to a few more games than just southridge lol my school. Gonna see how him and hyypolite play live

Until any staff here shows me that their confidence in a toss-up recruit with legit interest from our rivals / bag schools is well placed, I am going to be skeptical. Three straight staffs made a habit of losing kids they were confident in, and there was only one common denominator.
Skepticism is fine, but your rationale stinks. You’re not being skeptical, you’re being cynical.

Advertisement
Back