Tidbits of the new 247 recruiting article?

Advertisement
Summary
QB- we are done
RB- Knighton is a toss up but sources close to the program are confident. After him its Caziah Holmes and Parrish as targets.
WR- Miami confident they can keep both commits committed especially Fleming. Top targets are Jyalin Hyatt and Gary Bryant JR. Dont know where Mookie Cooper is on the board. Seem to be behind on Henderson and Jones bell. Arian smith was being recruited as a db but a name to know as a wr now.
TE- miami good with Dom wants to add washington or Theo Johnson both will be hard to get.
OL- Miami after a bunch of tackles. 1 more interior guy will be taken. Sources feel good about Rivers. Everyone else is still a toss up.
DE- Looks like they want 2 more to pair with anaele. Williams might be package deal with Rivers. Miami seems to lead for Jaylen Harrel. Other plan b kids in the fold but Miami will try to land those first.
LB- Miami is after some big time names but probably dont lead for any of them and they have a bunch of plan b options with the board still expanding. Miami wants 4 linebackers. Latarie Kinsler recruitment more open than what it seemed so no more miami crystal ball.
DT- Miami feels like they are full here but will recruit more plan b kids and will likely take Roberts if he wants in. I think they think they are good with 2 because of the guys they landed last cycle. Roberts might be a miami lean but watch out for UF.
Corner- sources say hodges reminds them of henderson with less speed. Kid hasnt ever ran track and has barely lifted weights. Keyshawn Lawrence the top target and Ethan Pouncey a top target as well. Jaiden Francois is viewed as a safety now.
Safety- South dade duo + Branch (striker) committed. Miami wants 1 more. Board there is open right now but Avanate Williams is target number 1.

I'm on pins and needles. Also, I curious to know if he left out the MNW kids after he got tossed from the game and basically got called an entitled white boy by the Staff on twitter.

I'm on pins and needles. Also, I curious to know if he left out the MNW kids after he got tossed from the game and basically got called an entitled white boy by the Staff on twitter.
Sigh... please don't bring that stupid sh*t to this thread there's already a 20 page thread on Eye in the sky about it.

And I already explained this, that guy is NOT a member of the MNW coaching staff, he's just an alum, that's it.

Thank you, @Cuban-Cane
One quick thought, if we are looking at adding only one more interior OL and Rivers is in line for it, what does that tell Denis?
He needs to ish or get off the pot imho!

He may be on the outside looking in. Limited team schollies this go round.

Advertisement
Summary
QB- we are done
RB- Knighton is a toss up but sources close to the program are confident. After him its Caziah Holmes and Parrish as targets.
WR- Miami confident they can keep both commits committed especially Fleming. Top targets are Jyalin Hyatt and Gary Bryant JR. Dont know where Mookie Cooper is on the board. Seem to be behind on Henderson and Jones bell. Arian smith was being recruited as a db but a name to know as a wr now.
TE- miami good with Dom wants to add washington or Theo Johnson both will be hard to get.
OL- Miami after a bunch of tackles. 1 more interior guy will be taken. Sources feel good about Rivers. Everyone else is still a toss up.
DE- Looks like they want 2 more to pair with anaele. Williams might be package deal with Rivers. Miami seems to lead for Jaylen Harrel. Other plan b kids in the fold but Miami will try to land those first.
LB- Miami is after some big time names but probably dont lead for any of them and they have a bunch of plan b options with the board still expanding. Miami wants 4 linebackers. Latarie Kinsler recruitment more open than what it seemed so no more miami crystal ball.
DT- Miami feels like they are full here but will recruit more plan b kids and will likely take Roberts if he wants in. I think they think they are good with 2 because of the guys they landed last cycle. Roberts might be a miami lean but watch out for UF.
Corner- sources say hodges reminds them of henderson with less speed. Kid hasnt ever ran track and has barely lifted weights. Keyshawn Lawrence the top target and Ethan Pouncey a top target as well. Jaiden Francois is viewed as a safety now.
Safety- South dade duo + Branch (striker) committed. Miami wants 1 more. Board there is open right now but Avanate Williams is target number 1.
Appreciate the post and this is a great summary of where we stand currently recruiting. We could easily miss out on everyone listed and I would not be surprised. My guess is Manny/new recruiting staff has removed the guys giving out information and tightened the ship a bit. Hopefully we win and they will all come!

Appreciate the post and this is a great summary of where we stand currently recruiting. We could easily miss out on everyone listed and I would not be surprised. My guess is Manny/new recruiting staff has removed the guys giving out information and tightened the ship a bit. Hopefully we win and they will all come!
I only mentioned the top targets. Ivins mentioned a bunch of plan b kids like Johnny Walker and Jamari Stewart but the staff seems to be focused on the top targets before accepting those commitments.

Advertisement
Summary
QB- we are done
Man I thought Cooper would be the top target, would love to pair Dom and Washington together at TE, get Denis at G then focus on tackles, good call on the d line, take 3 d ends and 2 or 3 tackles, I’m nervous at cb. Would love to get the 2-3 guys on board soon. I thought Washington and Branch were strikers and Francois would be the S. So I assume Miami wants 3 cbs and 3 s?

Whats important to understand is that Miami already have 14 guys in May and are pretty much wrapped up at most positions. Some positions like linebacker and o line they are still bare but for the others they can afford to wait around on the top targets and then if they miss take plan b kids later in the process since they already have the position pretty much locked up.

If we beat Florida - some of those "Maybes" will do a serious head's up.

We start winning our games - we'll likely pull a few of those tossups.

Winning solves lots of recruiting problems. Lots of them.
Not only beat Florida but win 10-11 games and a bowl game. I’d be happy with a 11-3 record at worst. I don’t want 4 plus losses anymore.

Advertisement
Man I thought Cooper would be the top target, would love to pair Dom and Washington together at TE, get Denis at G then focus on tackles, good call on the d line, take 3 d ends and 2 or 3 tackles, I’m nervous at cb. Would love to get the 2-3 guys on board soon. I thought Washington and Branch were strikers and Francois would be the S. So I assume Miami wants 3 cbs and 3 s?
I dont think the staff knows what they want to do with Washington which is why they took another striker in branch and want another safety to pair with he and Francois. I dont think they have him pencilled in anywhere and are going to see how he physically develops by the time he gets on campus to see what he can play. I also think Mookie should be a top target and Andrew didnt say he wasnt but Stubbs is going to see Hyatt and Bryant before cooper and cooper hasnt yet visited so I get why he said hes not sure where he stands on the board.

Summary
QB- we are done

I really hope we end up with a 2nd TE. Need to take a minimum of 3 every 2 years.

Advertisement
I dont think the staff knows what they want to do with Washington which is why they took another striker in branch and want another safety to pair with he and Francois. I dont think they have him pencilled in anywhere and are going to see how he physically develops by the time he gets on campus to see what he can play. I also think Mookie should be a top target and Andrew didnt say he wasnt but Stubbs is going to see Hyatt and Bryant before cooper and cooper hasnt yet visited so I get why he said hes not sure where he stands on the board.
That’s fair. Wait till Cooper visits and then take his interest seriously. Anyone could talk up a big game but it doesn’t mean much until you visit. I feel like he will become the top guy after he visits.

I hope we don’t settle for plan b guys or under-recruit DL. We need to stack the deck there. One okay cycle and the guys ain't even here year. Starting with Coker, every staff we have had follows a good class at a position group with the ‘less need’ theory next cycle. Over time it destroys the roster, because some of the kids you got you think are good won’t turn out that way, and you miss out on kids you should have tried to get.

We should try really hard to get a second TE, not just those two guys mentioned. Try really hard to get another BIG TIME WR. We only took Payton last cycle. LB is a HUGE need.

Manny, you are on the clock. Do your thing.

I hope we don’t settle for plan b guys or under-recruit DL. We need to stack the deck there. One okay cycle and the guys ain't even here year. Starting with Coker, every staff we have had follows a good class at a position group with the ‘less need’ theory next cycle. Over time it destroys the roster, because some of the kids you got you think are good won’t turn out that way, and you miss out on kids you should have tried to get.

We should try really hard to get a second TE, not just those two guys mentioned. Try really hard to get another BIG TIME WR. We only took Payton last cycle. LB is a HUGE need.

Manny, you are on the clock. Do your thing.
I see what youre saying but I think its a numbers game. Remeber there are only 85 schollys and you cant have 15-20 percent of those schollys on d tackles. Also the 25 initial counters basically make u have to stick to a class of 25 at most. If you have other wholes and places hwere u need bodies or talent like we do at linebacker, O line and even cornerback I dont know if its smart to take 7 d tackles in 2 classes

If we beat Florida - some of those "Maybes" will do a serious head's up.

We start winning our games - we'll likely pull a few of those tossups.

Winning solves lots of recruiting problems. Lots of them.
Feel the same. We a popular brand, kids like us, but they know we haven't won ***** and they waiting to see if we for real. The top SOFL talent have too many winning teams with all the glitz that are just more appealing than The U right now. Our only chance to close the top kids is by winning. If we lose to the lizards it better be an exciting close loss or it will be a tough up hill recruiting year.

Advertisement
Back