Tidbit

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
We have three scholies left and they are reserved for big timers. Avery Young is our top remaining target and we are coming hard.

Advertisement
so i suppose that means Eddie Goldman is out as I think most of us would agree he is more big time than Avery Young, especially with our glaring need at DT

Advertisement
so i suppose that means Eddie Goldman is out as I think most of us would agree he is more big time than Avery Young, especially with our glaring need at DT

It might mean that Young is the biggest fish who hasn't visited yet.

There's probably only so much of a full court press you can put on Goldman.

I like what Golden is doing...get all the 5* studs to come in in the next two weeks and see which three take the offers. Free trip or not you never know who may walk away impressed, can't go wrong with any three of the remaining studs on the big board

Advertisement
Golden said we are losing 35 guys. That means we will be down to 50 scholarship players. That's room for 35. I guess it comes down to how many we really gave last year - some say as few as 16, and how many EEs we can squeeze in. It looks like we may end up a couple of guys short of the 85 limit. Does that sound about right?

Bakas is pretty confident that we have a "legit shot" at L.Williams and that it is basically us and Auburn battling for his services

Young and Howard should be priority. These are local guys

Williams, Goldman, PJ should be hit hard too

Bakas is pretty confident that we have a "legit shot" at L.Williams and that it is basically us and Auburn battling for his services

And Bakas has been off for awhile now, not sure if you wanna place a lot of confidence in his predictions anymore, it is what it is man.

Advertisement
DB: Howard, Williams (doubt we have a chance after his visit to FSU tbh), Crawford, Redmond
LB: Iman Smith, Adarius Glanton
DL: Williams, Hamilton, Goldman, Phillips
RB: Bourque

Hard to see us taking only three, but you never know.

LB is the biggest question if we lose Northrup. Other then that, any combination of three of the other players would be great.

Williams isn't a done deal for Auburn...they went a couple of weeks without a DC and just recently got one....I think he is still open.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back