Tidbit

Advertisement
I hope the guy closes in on at least 2 BIG time local players.. He should be rewarded for all his hardwork... What kind of message would that send to other schools if he can close on some local talent...

Your allowed 25 each year...
We had 16 players count against that last year..
We can add nine EE's and if we sign the full compliment of 25 players on NSD we will be able to add 34 to the roster.

Advertisement
Bakas is pretty confident that we have a "legit shot" at L.Williams and that it is basically us and Auburn battling for his services

And Bakas has been off for awhile now, not sure if you wanna place a lot of confidence in his predictions anymore, it is what it is man.

He has had a solid beat on Mainland HS for a few years now though. That is where Ricardo Allen went to school.

I think at this point Golden would slit Darion Halll's throat if Tracy Howard wanted a scholly.

I think at this point Golden would slit Darion Halll's throat if Tracy Howard wanted a scholly.

It won't help. Our limitation is 25 + whatever we can count back to last fall. We can't exceed that with "new counters" no matter how many spots are open on the 85 man roster.

Howard would get a spot anyhow, but that's a different point.

Advertisement
I live in metro Atlanta and have read that he will announce in GA live to the Atlanta Journal Constitution. UGA bound.
I live in Kennesaw as well and attend Kennesaw State. This could not be further from the truth! Silly comment, kid is not announcing up here in Georgia lol. We have a legit shot here.

Reading this thread gave me an idea. In order to make this board better than the others posters should end their comment on players committing with a five star system:

* I'm making this up because I need to increase my post count (or, DJ's dog told me)
** My barber overheard a who he believed is a guy/coach/parent who knows the player
*** My sister dates the player, the player told me personally, his parent told me
*** 1/2 Mike Bakas told me
**** I heard it directly from a UM coach who is in the know
***** I work at the Hecht Center and saw the signed LOI come through the fax machine.

Could be tweaked, but it's a start. ;-)

Advertisement
Golden used the number 82 in an interview earlier in the week (that we would have 82 scholarship players) next year. It would fit if we take 7 EE and then 25 on 2/1 and lose 35, it calculates out

Golden used the number 82 in an interview earlier in the week (that we would have 82 scholarship players) next year. It would fit if we take 7 EE and then 25 on 2/1 and lose 35, it calculates out
Correct. I just assumed Golden knew what he was saying.

Advertisement
Golden said in an interview earlier in the week that we would have 82 scholarship players next year. If we take 7 EE and 25 on 2/1 and lose 35, it fits

I'd be careful w/ that 35 number Golden used. As of now, we are losing 22 scholarship players to graduation and declaring for the draft. Are we really going to be losing another 13 guys currently on the roster? My guess is Golden is adding in graduating walk-ons to bring that number closer 35.

Bakas is pretty confident that we have a "legit shot" at L.Williams and that it is basically us and Auburn battling for his services

And Bakas has been off for awhile now, not sure if you wanna place a lot of confidence in his predictions anymore, it is what it is man.

He has had a solid beat on Mainland HS for a few years now though. That is where Ricardo Allen went to school.

He also was pretty much just saying out of the remaining big fish he thought we had the best shot at Williams. I think it spoke to our chances with Goldman etc in his opinion. He did say Borque was out when many others were predicting he would be a Cane too....just sayin.

Advertisement
Back